GUILTY TX - James Faith, AA tech director, fatally shot walking his dog, Dallas, 9 Oct 2020 *ARRESTS/wife*

Do we know if the perp tried the tape/jewelry thing and a struggle with the husband took place? I thought the wife said the tape attempt took place after the guy was shot. Where did he put the gun while trying to tape her hands? 9 shots is pure intended and personal murder in my opinion.

In his obituary it's noted that Mr. JF adopted Mrs. JF's daughter in 2016. No mention of the child's bio father that I have seen yet...
(Used Mr. and Mrs. for clarity because they have the same initials)

Furthermore in what world would he be worried about her scream but not the gunshots he just fired?
RRSBM
This is also a very important detail. After making a lot of noise with firing 9 bullets, the perp stayed around to duct tape the lady.
Indeed what difference her screams would make?
If someone heard not 1...,2...,3 but 9 gunshots, I think they would most likely be dialing 911 already. Not waiting to listen if someone screams or not. It looks like it was very important to him to duct tape her. IMO

And as a side note, if I don’t want someone to scream and have a duct tape on hand I know which part of that person would that be put on. Of course this would depend of how wide of a duct tape I’m holding in my hand and how good I’m in threatening someone with a gun while using said duct tape on them.

It would be interesting to find out just to whom the fingerprints LE could have found on the duct tape belongs to. And on which part of the duct tape these were if there were any.

RRSBM
This is also a very important detail. After making a lot of noise with firing 9 bullets, the perp stayed around to duct tape the lady.
Indeed what difference her screams would make?
If someone heard not 1...,2...,3 but 9 gunshots, I think they would most likely be dialing 911 already. Not waiting to listen if someone screams or not. It looks like it was very important to him to duct tape her. IMO

And as a side note, if I don’t want someone to scream and have a duct tape on hand I know which part of that person would that be put on. Of course this would depend of how wide of a duct tape I’m holding in my hand and how good I’m in threatening someone with a gun while using said duct tape on them.

It would be interesting to find out just to whom the fingerprints LE could have found on the duct tape belongs to. And on which part of the duct tape these were if there were any.
Not just fingerprints, but potentially touch DNA as well.

Hopefully this guy wasn’t wearing gloves.

I just would like to add that I’m not accusing JF’s wife of anything.

At the moment I see three possibilities:

1. The person executed/ordered this murder found it important to make sure the Mrs. would look innocent.

2. The person executed this murder has himself feelings for JF’s wife (or ladies in general?) and wouldn’t wanted to/couldn’t hurt her. But in this case why don’t just simply run away without doing anything to her?

3. The perp wasn’t prepared to find them together and didn’t know what to do. But in that case why don’t just run away after having shot the husband? Or why didn’t he just aborted the mission altogether to try it again at an other time? And why he had duct tape on him at all?

4. This is one of the most idiotic perp ever and likes to bring duct tape to a murder as a back up option, or just happened to have one in his pocket.

Nah, it’s difficult to believe Nr 4.
This lives me with someone close to either Mr. JF or to Mrs. JF or to both of them, but I see I’m not alone with this impression.

IMO

I am still wondering how this all happened in suburbia on a street in broad daylight. Perp had time to stop his truck, shoot, get out of truck, grab the lady, pull out a roll of duct tape, tear it with his teeth (I guess) and tape her hands so he could try and steal her rings? And nobody saw/heard a thing?

'He was my best friend': Police search for suspect who killed Oak Cliff man, duct taped wife's hands | wfaa.com

SABBM:

Jamie Faith was a technology director at American Airlines. His wife told WFAA she is devastated.

"All I know is he was my best friend and the best husband and father anyone could ask for," she said in a written statement. <snip>

A ******** page is set up to support the Faith family. His wife said the support from the Oak Cliff community and American Airlines has been humbling.

Seriously. A Gimme Money page, already?!
In the immortal words of the late great philosopher, Yogi Berra:
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Also, I find some of the wife's statements more than a tad "odd."

"All I know is…" sounds like both distancing and minimizing language.

There's something really off-putting about her use of the word, "humbling," too.
It's as if she's being giving an award acceptance speech, or something.

It's almost like we're watching someone playing a part.
I find myself completely unmoved by the performance.

We've all seen this movie before.
We all know how it ends.

JMO.

I normally give a ton of leeway to the wording that people use, and try not to read too much into it. But this is just an incredibly oddly-worded statement. I totally agree with you, @GordianKnot.

I normally give a ton of leeway to the wording that people use, and try not to read too much into it. But this is just an incredibly oddly-worded statement. I totally agree with you, @GordianKnot.

I find it odd too but I’m lending cred at the moment because I’ve no idea how I would react to a gun in my face. Would I fight out of desperation? Run? Beg?
I just don’t see how this truck has vanished and hasn’t been spotted. I know it’s a big city and county but I’d think somebody would have seen it by now. If it were my truck, with a failed tail light, they’d have pulled me by now. Jeez I loath gun violence.

Checking in with hopes of an arrest very soon. Hoping LE has a lot of doorbell camera footage including license plate. This one seems solvable. Let's get this perp off the streets!
I totally agree, this is totally solvable. I don’t think this is going to be an enduring mystery at all.

I find it odd too but I’m lending cred at the moment because I’ve no idea how I would react to a gun in my face. Would I fight out of desperation? Run? Beg?
I just don’t see how this truck has vanished and hasn’t been spotted. I know it’s a big city and county but I’d think somebody would have seen it by now. If it were my truck, with a failed tail light, they’d have pulled me by now. Jeez I loath gun violence.
Well the Dallas Fort Worth (DFW) area is kind of unique. Its definitely very populated and a huge major city and new housing is going up all the time, but literally, if you get 5 minutes out of the city it can just be vast empty plains and farm land. i lived in Fort Worth, about 15-minute drive from downtown, but Id hit farmland if I drove for 5 or so minutes in any direction other then downtown. Also trucks are like some kind of birthright in Texas. EVERYBODY has a truck so a standard black truck probably doesnt stand out in the crowd. My ex and I used to have this running joke "God I hope truck month is coming up soon" because every other commercial was for some new edition truck at a nearby dealership. They even have this thing where theyll introduce a Texas- edition model of a truck, which was pretty much the exact same truck minus an emblem that says texas edition on the back but the car dealership charge like $5,000 grand more for it... and for whatever reason people ate that right up (yeah i dont get it, its like a truck cult or something down there).

Also, I thought the timing may have played into it. I believe they said the shooting was at 730 am. And one fun fact about Dallas is that traffic in DFW, during the morning and evening rush-hour is awful. It's literally always stand still, stop and go the whole time. it used to take me over an hour to drive to work in the morning and I had a less than a 20-mile commute... it's honestly outrageous. So my point is that I'm guessing a lack of witnesses may be due to the fact that most people, who have to be up that early for work, had probably left the house a while before that. However, I'm sure someone got something on a doorbell cam, those bad boys are everywhere down there. keeping my fingers crossed they find the truck soon and hopefully this was more helpful context then me just rambling lol edit - i just read a whole clip was fired and even for gun lovers, that would be noticeable

Last edited:
I’m sure they have them but in the Celia Sweeney case down here in SC, they tracked that suspect closely with interstate cameras and knew about every move he made around Charleston. @ivegotthemic , as you can probably tell from my poor grammar, I’m a Southern product of the godawful SC public school system and well versed in truck culture. I haven’t owned a car (proper) in over 25/ years. I just keep thinking someone would recognize this one and give a tip.
I’m in a rural area and hear gunfire often and as you say, it’s targets, hunting, etc. Even in Texas, it would seem being that deep in a city, the firing would cause alarm.

I’m sure they have them but in the Celia Sweeney case down here in SC, they tracked that suspect closely with interstate cameras and knew about every move he made around Charleston. @ivegotthemic , as you can probably tell from my poor grammar, I’m a Southern product of the godawful SC public school system and well versed in truck culture. I haven’t owned a car (proper) in over 25/ years. I just keep thinking someone would recognize this one and give a tip.
I’m in a rural area and hear gunfire often and as you say, it’s targets, hunting, etc. Even in Texas, it would seem being that deep in a city, the firing would cause alarm.
1. you dont ever have to apologize to me about grammar, im hella dyslexic and sometimes when i read an old post i wrote i get convinced I somehow some unknown ancient language instead of English

you make a really good point about the shooting, so im officially retracting my commentary on Texans ignoring gun fire. for some reason, i thought it was a just a single shot or two, but I just read an entire clip was used... and yeah that should absolutely be noticeable... and it seems like some extreme overkill. why shoot the husband like 9 times but then leave the wife as a witness.... that does really add up to me

@ivegotthemic , I just know that with the really small town thats technically a city that I live near, shots in town are often reported and looked into by LE and that’s why I made that point. But yea, that many rapid shots should have drawn attention and I agree about the traffic, I’ve had the unfortunate torture of driving thru Atlanta many times.

but I just read an entire clip was used... and yeah that should absolutely be noticeable...
A good many people in urban Texas, myself included, would he hard put to distinguish pistol shots from a string of fire crackers. Then factor in the nature of the area. The neighborhood is "grey" in the sense that its a combination of old school south Dallas and gentrification.

The areas is not high crime enough to make most people urban residents think "Alarm, I know gun shots and that was probably a series of rapid gun shots- about two doors down". Yet, its also not tony enough to the extent people would automatically think: "Alarm- People here just don't light off strings of fire crackers- ever."

In contrast, I would not be surprised if a certain number of long term area residents habitually uhmmm...."disregard" the Dallas city ordinances against fireworks. Though its been a long time since the Fourth and fireworks at 0730 are strange, left over fireworks getting lit off might not be unheard of either.

Thus, given the totality, I think the minds of a lot of neighbors might of went into "neutreal" in regards to recognition and then went into "reset" mode.

Last edited:
I usually don’t have a problem with the cases that I follow on here really bugging me but there are currently 3 that are under my skin, including this one. The statement of “there he was, out of nowhere, shooting” tells me this was a hit. The robbery seemed to be an afterthought and he wasn’t interested in robbing Mr Faith? The kidnapping theory is out the window for me as I don’t think that was intended at all. The perp done what he was there to do. All this is my rambling opine of course.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back