TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #3 *NAME NOT RELEASED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I just sent a message to the DDP Facebook site, asking if they were planning to look at this case... (If you don’t ask, the answer is “no,” right?) The response I got back was “We would if the agency would contact us.” Isn’t that interesting?!! So I replied and asked which agency that was, maybe I can help encourage them. Haven’t heard back yet, but will post when I do. Anyone have any insight into the agency that initiates these requests?

I do believe all the DDP folks are volunteers, which makes them not only super pressed for time - but real heros. They do such amazing work, so I am hoping that there is at least some tiny thread of hope this might still be investigated by them! :)
This was discussed a while back in this thread. I feel like there was a different genetic genealogy team who were working on it? I might be wrong.

@sunnynz is correct, see post below which was from 21 June 2020 upthread @Kudzu

Forgive me if this is already known but... a week ago someone on the DNA Doe Project facebook page asked "is Walker County Jane Doe a consideration for your project?" And Margaret Press (CEO of DDP) responded "Someone else has been working her case."

I've recently reached out to Othram, given how close they are to Huntsville. Maybe they will pick it up. Does anyone believe she is the same girl as the one who a family shared a picture of from Corpus Christi? I think the stories line up, and she looks similar to the postmortem pictures of WCJD, but I'm not sure. I can't find any similar girls from any yearbooks from the Corpus Christi area.

I've recently reached out to Othram, given how close they are to Huntsville. Maybe they will pick it up. Does anyone believe she is the same girl as the one who a family shared a picture of from Corpus Christi? I think the stories line up, and she looks similar to the postmortem pictures of WCJD, but I'm not sure. I can't find any similar girls from any yearbooks from the Corpus Christi area.
Yeah, the are nearly universally considered the same person. It is also the only picture of her alive

Attachments

• D1zHjfKWwAAMXGM.jpg
    D1zHjfKWwAAMXGM.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 139
I don’t quite see it. WCJD resembles a young Ashley Judd, IMO.

Wasn't there a thread on crime victims who resemble celebrities? There was at least one kidnapped blonde female child that was noted by a poster to resemble the original "Poltergeist" girl from the nineteen eighties.

I will have to re examine the photos, and, granted one of them was of WCJD after being autopsied, but there were a few features that didn't match too well. similar, but not close. the stories they give are almost identical, though

Does anybody know if anybody ever did oxygen isotope mapping(they get information using teeth) with Walker County Jane Doe? I wondered if anything like that was every done for this sweet Jane Doe, it would narrow down where she grew up ..maybe its possible she is from several states over and we can locate a picture from a yearbook.
I saw this ocygen isotope mapping mentioned in this video I watched following a video of Carl Koppelman >
They start mentioning the mapping at 12minutes in.

Does anybody know if anybody ever did oxygen isotope mapping(they get information using teeth) with Walker County Jane Doe? I wondered if anything like that was every done for this sweet Jane Doe, it would narrow down where she grew up ..maybe its possible she is from several states over and we can locate a picture from a yearbook.
I saw this ocygen isotope mapping mentioned in this video I watched following a video of Carl Koppelman >
They start mentioning the mapping at 12minutes in.

Isotope testing is very unreliable. I would hope WCJD'S agency is doing genetic genealogy.

I was reading about the case of Katherine Sybil Worsky tonight. Her disappearance date is after WCJD but she sure looks like "Katy/Cathy" in the photo the two siblings had of the girl they met sometime in the '80s.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201007-015131_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20201007-015131_Samsung Internet.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 105
  • Screenshot_20201006-232908_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20201006-232908_Samsung Internet.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 93
I was reading about the case of Katherine Sybil Worsky tonight. Her disappearance date is after WCJD but she sure looks like "Katy/Cathy" in the photo the two siblings had of the girl they met sometime in the '80s.
Katie went missing in 1982 when she was only 12. The photo of "Cathy" was taken 1n 1980 and a girl looks much older, 14, 15 or even 16 yo, so it does not align.

Katie went missing in 1982 when she was only 12. The photo of "Cathy" was taken 1n 1980 and a girl looks much older, 14, 15 or even 16 yo, so it does not align.

Thanks for your reply ks-ch. I was hoping someone might weigh in. I knew Katie W. was 12 in 1982 and that Katy/Cathy told the brother and sister she was 14. What I wasn't sure about was whether it was possible that the photo was taken in '83 or '84 when Katie W. Would have been 13 or 14. I think Katy/Cathy does look about 13 or 14 in the picture. In fact I feel like I could pull out a similar picture of myself around that time. I'm about 9 months older than Katie would be today. But it's not exactly the most clear picture so I could definitely be wrong. The thing that made me wonder was that I've read the brother, sister, and their Mom were not exactly sure when or in which Texas city the photo was taken. Thinking about it more however, the confusion is more likely about when over the summer of 1980 it was taken rather than there being a chance that it could be a different year. Surely they can tell by the sister's appearance and/or the purpose of their trip what the year was.
So sad for both Katie W. and WCJD. I just keep praying that their cases will someday be finalized. That Katie W. can be laid to rest peacefully and that WCJD will be identified. :(

Someone mentioned a few pages back how delicate WCJD was. I’ve seen height ranging from 5 ft to 5’6”. Weight seems to be consistent around 100-110 pounds. That means she could have been about the size of my 11 year old daughter (about 5 ft and 88 lbs). I still think the choice of foot wear was an attempt to look older. The detective said she was going to see her boyfriend. I doubt back then they would have let someone under 18 into the prison alone. Another article said she was last seen in the parking lot talking to men/boys in a station wagon. Since it was Halloween night I think she was convinced to go with them and hang out somewhere until morning when she would be able to try entering the prison. If she was taken somewhere and assaulted that maybe where her clothes were left. She could have left her shoes in the car and they were thrown out with her body. I often wonder if anyone found her clothes and whether they are still around or remember.

Hey guys,Othram is asking for suggestion about cases. If you don't know them they work with Genetic Geanology and are very succesful.
I thought that some of us to email them so maybe her case will be prioritized.

I agree. I also think she was on the younger end of the estimate, maybe 14 or 15. Also somehow from her attitude, very teenager like sass... but re the weight and frame, I was 110 pounds at 5'5" when I was 20. If she was even shorter than that, it is not out of the ordinary for a teen or early twen at all.

Someone mentioned a few pages back how delicate WCJD was. I’ve seen height ranging from 5 ft to 5’6”. Weight seems to be consistent around 100-110 pounds. That means she could have been about the size of my 11 year old daughter (about 5 ft and 88 lbs). I still think the choice of foot wear was an attempt to look older. The detective said she was going to see her boyfriend. I doubt back then they would have let someone under 18 into the prison alone. Another article said she was last seen in the parking lot talking to men/boys in a station wagon. Since it was Halloween night I think she was convinced to go with them and hang out somewhere until morning when she would be able to try entering the prison. If she was taken somewhere and assaulted that maybe where her clothes were left. She could have left her shoes in the car and they were thrown out with her body. I often wonder if anyone found her clothes and whether they are still around or remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado