Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s yesterday’s old thread news by now, and not relevant to her disappearance, but it IS possible SM did substitute teach in CO.

Here are the requirements:
One-Year Substitute Teacher Authorization | CDE
The temporary authorization (at your link) would have been listed in the same search (my link). Those who followed the Stauch case might remember that the infamous "Tee" had been teaching on temporary certification, which was expiring. IMO

It's unfathomable to me, during a pandemic, a church having a camping trip at all
I understand that with covid-19 & SM's chemo treatments - she & her loved ones were being cautious about exposing her as she'd be high risk.
JMO
True and I agree.

What I'm torn over is premeditation. Andy stated Barry arranged for the girls to go on the trip because they were housebound due to CV19 (paraphrasing). I can't ignore the obvious possibility he arranged for them to be gone so he could disappear Suzanne.

How may of you think this was planned vs. unplanned?

The temporary authorization (at your link) would have been listed in the same search (my link). Those who followed the Stauch case might remember that the infamous "Tee" had been teaching on temporary certification, which was expiring. IMO

What is your point? SM could have done substitute teaching in CO. You said she could not have.

PE just released an interview with 2 experts, discussing Colorado law on conservatorship and non-profits.

Just watched this one, wow!
Local Salida attorney’s added a cherry on top
House donated to foundation brought up in the hypothetical highly interesting
Watching the facial expressions of Chris is fine entertainment

Just watched this one, wow!
Local Salida attorney’s added a cherry on top
House donated to foundation brought up in the hypothetical highly interesting
Watching the facial expressions of Chris is fine entertainment
This episode was very educational!! I loved the attorney's closing argument, which included a comment on the non-profit and a director paying themselves a large salary.

What I didn't understand is - if the Indiana Guardianship has to be transferred to the Colorado Court system for approval, and no one has been able to locate a record of that happening as yet. How is Barry able to list & sell the Puma Path house which has Suzanne's name on the deed?

This episode was very educational!! I loved the attorney's closing argument, which included a comment on the non-profit and a director paying themselves a large salary.

What I didn't understand is - if the Indiana Guardianship has to be transferred to the Colorado Court system for approval, and no one has been able to locate a record of that happening as yet. How is Barry able to list & sell the Puma Path house which has Suzanne's name on the deed?

He can list the house before filing because there's no guarantee the house will sell, he won't need to transfer the guardianship until he has an actual buyer and he needs to transfer the title. As of now, just listening has no real impact on SMs estate or finances. To be totally honest guardianships require ALOT of paperwork to get approved by the courts. its a lot of forms to fill out and records to locate... im sure BM is just putting off doing all that work. Additionally, theres always a chance he might be worried someone in CO intended to file a motion asking for his removal. If that was the case, it benefits him to wait to full until he absolutely has too. Im sure the court wouldn't want to be a hindrance to the sale of the house, if BM shows them its necessary

lol also sorry for jumping the gun... i think ive mentioned patience is not a virtue i have

Last edited:

That’s a great question!
Last jointly owned property I sold required both signatures on the listing agreement

That’s a great question!
Last jointly owned property I sold required both signatures on the listing agreement
thats a good point and honestly im totally unfamiliar with the legal requirements for listing a house. he could be selling it himself...but its hes using an agent i cant really speak to the legal implications, ill leave that one for a wiser legal professional

She could have, but she didn't. If she had, she would have come up in the search. IMO

Could we dig into something else? I’ve been searching Chaffee County Scanner feed archives for May 10, 11 and later that week. Trying to find the calls made, and dispatches for searches at the Puma house. The feed seems blank. Don’t they use it?

Chaffee County Fire and EMS Dispatch Audio Archives

jmo

Thank you. I thought I remembered it being reported as a church trip - but given the different versions, I suppose this is still an open question. I'm not sure it's relevant unless there is evidence that BM planned the trip, which might help point to premeditation. MOO, JMO.

I’m in Agreement with you @Hoosierfan72. There really has never been a clear picture of the trip the girls were on as far as media reports. I’m not convinced Dr Phil really knows, (MOO) even though it was stated on his show.

I’ve looked hard for verification on the camping trip and have found nothing concrete. It very much could show premeditation if the trip was planned by BM.

Colorado was on full COVID lockdown, as most states were, on MD. I don’t seriously think it was a “church-sponsored” camping trip. That would be odd for BM’s sister from Indiana to chaperone a church camping trip since she lives in IN.

@Dave F. gave a link to Young Life which is an active group in many communities, but their camps aren’t held in May. My kiddos have gone to YL Camp in Colorado before during July, but not during COVID.

I have always been curious if BM helped plan or initiated the camping trip for the daughters. All MOO.

Edit: sorry last edit, just a thought i figured id throughout there. im not entirely convinced BM has a lawyer in CO. or at least his behavior would suggest he doesn't

@steeltowngirl yes please. guardianship is weird and no fun to research. happy to move on. what you got girl

Oh I’m fine with the guardianship discussion. I wanted to move on from the substitute teaching issue. Sorry for the confusion! But I would like to dig into the scanner feed.

I just can't imagine anyone being able to do such a thing with someone they once loved, the mother of their children. That level of depravity is so next level. I do think a certain someone is responsible but I struggle to imagine the elk wrapping or wood chipper scenario. I think we will read blunt trauma to the head and buried a few miles from home. JMO
People do horrible things every single day. It is unfathomable yet true. :(

He can list the house before filing because there's no guarantee the house will sell, he won't need to transfer the guardianship until he has an actual buyer and he needs to transfer the title. As of now, just listening has no real impact on SMs estate or finances. To be totally honest guardianships require ALOT of paperwork to get approved by the courts. its a lot of forms to fill out and records to locate... im sure BM is just putting off doing all that work. Additionally, theres always a chance he might be worried someone in CO intended to file a motion asking for his removal. If that was the case, it benefits him to wait to full until he absolutely has too. Im sure the court wouldn't want to be a hindrance to the sale of the house, if BM shows them its necessary

lol also sorry for jumping the gun... i think ive mentioned patience is not a virtue i have
Risky business listing the house without an approved Colorado Guardianship in hand. With CV19 impacts still bogging down the court system, a buyer could grow impatient and move on while Barry is waiting for a court approval. Particularly if Gene Moorman files an objection, which at this point is almost guaranteed IMO. The process would exponentially lengthen. Of course there is also the risk he could be arrested in the next month or two, which is also going to have impacts.

Last edited:
I’m in Agreement with you @Hoosierfan72. There really has never been a clear picture of the trip the girls were on as far as media reports. I’m not convinced Dr Phil really knows, (MOO) even though it was stated on his show.

I’ve looked hard for verification on the camping trip and have found nothing concrete. It very much could show premeditation if the trip was planned by BM.

Colorado was on full COVID lockdown, as most states were, on MD. I don’t seriously think it was a “church-sponsored” camping trip. That would be odd for BM’s sister from Indiana to chaperone a church camping trip since she lives in IN.

@Dave F. gave a link to Young Life which is an active group in many communities, but their camps aren’t held in May. My kiddos have gone to YL Camp in Colorado before during July, but not during COVID.

I have always been curious if BM helped plan or initiated the camping trip for the daughters. All MOO.

Many threads ago, I posted the Idaho COVID19 restrictions that were in place at the time. Basically outdoor activities like camping weren't just allowed.....they were encouraged. That doesn't mean that formal camps were open. The dining halls, meeting areas, and classes had to be closed and May is way too early for that type of camp in Idaho, anyway. There are some really cool things for young people to do between May 1 and May 15 in Idaho, and some of the coolest involve camping a couple of nights. I wish we knew more, but I don't think AM and Dr P have the answers for us. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmalan