CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
No she couldn't have run away 2-3 hour before. MG says she last saw KG at 5:30 5:45 (again the time changes) That is when she texts the boyfriend. He asks "is she okay?" and MG says "no not really" And then supposedly falls back asleep at 5:45 am

Then MG says she woke up at 7:15 (initially she said 6:30) and KG was "gone" Not missing. Gone.
Has there been an official or highly reliable release of the text messages? Because the time of the last text would be important. Likewise I really don't trust that SM saw Karlie at 5:30 am because so much of the timeline was lied about early on it is difficult to trust any of it.

Even if we believe every word of whatever version we choose to believe, Karlie could have left right around 5:30 which would be 2 hours before witnesses reportedly saw a woman walking down the road.

I haven't looked at this case a whole lot but the way it initially is described it sounds like Karlie was suffering from the onset of schysophrenia or bipolar disorders.

I haven't looked at this case a whole lot but the way it initially is described it sounds like Karlie was suffering from the onset of schysophrenia or bipolar disorders.
She may have had some underlying issues going on but in this incident, I think it was a bad reaction to the weed she smoked with her friends.

"Life's not fair." o_O

I am trying to be on her side but this video didn't help. I haven't seen the FBI do videos like this, but I am happy they are still involved. I am not sure the FBI did these just for publicity.

I was thinking the same thing. There could be another reason why they made these videos.

Notice how much she says I, I, I and never says Karlie? Say her name! Many gave her great advice to keep Karlies name and face out in the media. Consistently and yet she can't even say her name.

Actually, it's not unusual for LE to make an effort to reignite a missing person campaign on the anniversary date -- in this case Oct 13 marked 2 years since Karlie vanished.

Reportedly, it was no secret to the parents that Karlie was an experienced mj user. Seems to me that her reaction was not like one ever witnessed before and she should have received medical attention for her own safety.

I believe custodial parents were more concerned about their own reputation and welfare than that of their minor child. MOO

Oct 17, 2020

Oct 16, 2020

Oct 15, 2020

On October 13, 2018, Karlie Gusé disappeared from Bishop, California. Family and friends continue to carry hope for her return and memories of their time together. The Mono County Sheriff’s Office and the FBI carry an investigation that has yet to solve the mystery of where Karlie is. “The Things They Carry” 12-part video series highlights the memories, moments, and experiences carried by the family and community who await the return of Karlie Gusé and the need for assistance from the public to help solve this case. Watch and share to help bring Karlie home.

That's the first time I've heard Richard Eddy's account of seeing Karlie. In the video, it doesn't sound like he knew her, he is just describing who he saw.

His best recall is the 12x12 piece of paper and her waving it as she walked. That's an odd size piece of paper ...

That's the first time I've heard Richard Eddy's account of seeing Karlie. In the video, it doesn't sound like he knew her, he is just describing who he saw.

His best recall is the 12x12 piece of paper and her waving it as she walked. That's an odd size piece of paper ...
He might have meant to say 8×12. I doubt he saw the actual dimensions. Just an average sized piece of paper.

ETA: I really really hope they show the other two supposed witnesses.

I was thinking the same thing. There could be another reason why they made these videos.

Notice how much she says I, I, I and never says Karlie? Say her name! Many gave her great advice to keep Karlies name and face out in the media. Consistently and yet she can't even say her name.
I think it would be a great way to interview people with audio and visual when they otherwise may not agree to formal interview. You could catch some "hot mic" takes as well as analyze their demeanor change when they didn't think the cameras were on.

He might have meant to say 8×12. I doubt he saw the actual dimensions. Just an average sized piece of paper.

ETA: I really really hope they show the other two supposed witnesses.
And therein lies the problem with eyewitness accounts, that's not what he said.

Not definitively calling it out in this case, but in others I've followed over the years. Mistaken "eyewitness sightings" have derailed investigations in the early stages. I hope that wasn't the case here, but I'm not 100% convinced the person he saw that morning was Karlie.

And therein lies the problem with eyewitness accounts, that's not what he said.

Not definitively calling it out in this case, but in others I've followed over the years. Mistaken "eyewitness sightings" have derailed investigations in the early stages. I hope that wasn't the case here, but I'm not 100% convinced the person he saw that morning was Karlie.
His actual quote was "like a 12 by 12 piece of paper", emphasis mine. If pressed he would probably say he would not know the exact size.

But yes, I don't trust the witness statement here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23