Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.
And we still do not know for certain when she was last seen !
Not even the day.
Fri. ? Sat. ?

We know that BM lied about the time since he said he left the house at 5am and 'she was sleeping'; but he was actually (according to phone records) on the road texting/calling the employee, MG.
Imo.

I believe that 4:00 am is an unsubstantiated claim by AM.......no phone records have been publicly cited for anything except the initial 911 call. IMO

I may have mentioned this before but..
My neighbor and his wife were trying for a 3rd child, his wife once again found out she was not pregnant, that same day the husband was not feeling well and went to a minute clinic here. They told him to go directly to Er.
Turns out he had lymphoma.
They began treatment immediately (13 rounds of chemotherapy) etc.
6-8 months later - remission.
She tells him she wants a divorce. She said she fully expected him to die.
Totally blindsided him.
Oh my! Glad he is in remission!

Indeed since BM said he thinks Suzanne is not in close proximity anymore and he thinks she is abducted and held alive somewhere, the only thing he attempted to do was to show SM loved him by showing those infamous notes to the world.

That’s it. No plea to please let my wife go, is not to late, do the right thing etc...

IMO

And selling the house while she is still alive?! If she was released, escaped or rescued wouldn’t BM want his wife to have her home and familiar surroundings to come back to? :confused:

There was this show on ID last night. This man’s wife was found murdered, and he conducted interviews with a reporter. He presented this rosy picture of their marriage, even going as far as to compare it to “The Brady Bunch.” He also displayed anniversary cards.

Of course he did it...
Last night I watched a Dateline update on the Beverly Carter case. The lead detective hauled her husband Carl in for an interview, suspecting he may have been responsible. Carl was an open book, even though he shared some less than stellar details (infidelity & incidence of DV), they cleared him and moved on. He went on camera to beg for Beverly's return. That's how an innocent husband acts when his wife is abducted, just saying ...

I think BM was disappointed that Suzanne survived her last bout of cancer. He'd already become the merry widower in his mind. I think he also had a financial house of cards was could have been dependent on Suzanne not surviving, imo.

Last night I watched a Dateline update on the Beverly Carter case. The lead detective hauled her husband Carl in for an interview, suspecting he may have been responsible. Carl was an open book, even though he shared some less than stellar details (infidelity & incidence of DV), they cleared him and moved on. He went on camera to beg for Beverly's return. That's how an innocent husband acts when his wife is abducted, just saying ...

Yep I watched that too and had the same exact thoughts! I wonder if he took a lie detector? I don’t think they said.

Surely by now he's over the shock?

And surely, by now, he has a reason to acquire one? Because he's not doing himself any favors by handling his own public "appearances."'

I don't know. Barry's probably over the acute shock of Suzanne's loss, but is he thinking clearly & able to strategize? I doubt it. I wouldn't be surprised if he's in some state of depression.

I'm of two minds as to whether he should hire a spokesman. Part of me says that he should. That way, people will be unable to state that they suspect Barry for not speaking out publicly. OTOH, all that the internet will do is criticize Barry for hiring a spokesman & probably accuse him of using money from the guardianship estate to pay the spokesman.

If Barry asked me, I'd advise him to leave Colorado & always take the 5th whenever he's asked about Suzanne's disappearance.

Here’s a story.

Once upon a time, a pretty girl married a handsome athlete named BM. BM loved his wife and she admired him. She trusted him and he tried his best to please her. He was a good dad and a hard worker. Together they owned a lot real estate. One day BM killed his wife. The end.

I don't know. Barry's probably over the acute shock of Suzanne's loss, but is he thinking clearly & able to strategize? I doubt it. I wouldn't be surprised if he's in some state of depression.

I'm of two minds as to whether he should hire a spokesman. Part of me says that he should. That way, people will be unable to state that they suspect Barry for not speaking out publicly. OTOH, all that the internet will do is criticize Barry for hiring a spokesman & probably accuse him of using money from the guardianship estate to pay the spokesman.

If Barry asked me, I'd advise him to leave Colorado & always take the 5th whenever he's asked about Suzanne's disappearance.
There’s no fixing his image at this point.

He says that he believes his wife was abducted, and is holding out hope she is alive. Still, he refuses to make appeals for her safe return.

That doesn’t follow at all.

Hiring a spokesman would only convey what we already know:

It’s all about him.

He says that he believes his wife was abducted, and is holding out hope she is alive. Still, he refuses to make appeals for her safe return.

It’s all about him.
Whenever the spokesman thoughts come up, I chuckle. BM had a spokesman in the beginning. That spokesman was a family member.

He quit ...

Last edited:
Well... one could say the 1st pic with SM & the girls, perhaps they are all smiling big for BM taking the pic. The second pic, they are both looking ahead. I think it's sometimes hard to know for sure looking at pics. You could also be spot on.

If you looked at pics of me and my husband, and it's a running joke, he always has the expression of a angry Army MSG and I'm smiling big or attempting a sexy look. lol
You raise a valid point, my kids developed a professionally stern photo face during their basic training. It is a running joke in our family too.
I’ve sensed that BM is the family photographer, and most pxs show all three gals smiling radiantly.
I’ve also noticed the other more candid pxs seem to show SM and BM sharing closeness, either by holding hands or a casual embrace.
As tragic as it will be, I still hope that was the real story of their marriage.
It’s almost impossible to go back to the beginning, but the px are evidence, as are the SWs.
Even at 99% murders committed by the people closest, there still would be the 1% that weren’t.
Granted, BM has the worst case of foot in mouth possible and it’s hard to understand some of his actions. It is possible he is just a very introverted person, who for 29 years let his bubbly, sweet wife handle the PR in his family...
It’s also possible that he knows who took his wife, and can’t do anything about it, perhaps the letters were directed at that person...BM isn’t a good actor.
JMVHO, and a little off track, sorry!

Whenever the spokesman thoughts come up, I chuckle. BM had a spokesman in the beginning. That spokesman was a family member who does PR for a living.

He quit ...
The irony kills me with that. The point of hiring a spokesman in a situation like this, is to be the face and voice of your family.

Of course he demanded that the media not show his face, then quickly went silent.

As one does.

It’s all about him.

It’s bugs him, his broken image and all, but a bad image isn’t going to send BM to jail.
IMO

I believe that 4:00 am is an unsubstantiated claim by AM.......no phone records have been publicly cited for anything except the initial 911 call. IMO
Agreed that very little has been revealed by LE, and that's a good sign as it points to the fact that the investigation is moving forward !

Actually I am putting a lot of faith in AM's statements as he has been forthright and open about finding justice for his sister.
He has made it clear in his actions and words that he has nothing to hide.
Unlike Suzanne's spouse.

Iirc, it was MG the employee who heard his truck outside her residence at 4am, BM had texted her early that morning, and AM who said the phone records and gps/truck do not line up ?
As in, LE have let AM know that BM was not where he said he was.

And that's telling, and good enough for this case to move forward.
Afaik LE are on the right path and hoping for a break in this criminal investigation very soon !
I think we all want answers.
Imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads