Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm another one who thinks MG hearing BM's truck outside unexpectedly is significant. I got the impression that she was surprised by it, and in retrospect, that was yet another thing that didn't add up for her. I also think she knows an incredible amount of information, just by having worked with BM for the last two years.
I agree @MrsWatson and I think at that point in time, Barry was "beside himself" trying to put together his alibi and he was trying to sort out in his head how MG could be of help to him, without divulging what had transpired with Suzanne.

I think she knows a whole lot about Barry too.

MOO

Maybe Barry wanted to ask MG if he could borrow her car, but after he arrived at her residence he changed his mind.
This is in line with my original thinking that he went there (whether to pick her up, borrow her car, ask her for help, etc.) and changed his mind.... but I still am puzzled by the lie if that's true - especially if it's also true he was texting workers from the road before 5 am. This is clearly something that could/would be easily discovered, so why lie about it - wouldn't it have been much better to tell the truth about the time and lie about the reason (I went to MGs house to get some tools, and then realized once I got there that she didn't have them after all.... etc.)? The lie makes more sense if he returned to Puma Path after this and retrieved his phone and actually left there at 5 am - but it doesn't seem that is the case. I just think it's odd. JMO

You're definitely right about the outcome. I was thinking about him planning on the girls going camping during covid shutdown and coming home, but of course he most likely knew there was not going to be any danger of SM contracting Covid from her daughters because he knew she wasn't going to be seeing them.....

You're definitely right about the outcome. I was thinking about him planning on the girls going camping during covid shutdown and coming home, but of course he most likely knew there was not going to be any danger of SM contracting Covid from her daughters because he knew she wasn't going to be seeing them.....

Here's what I can't quite wrap my head around re: MG's 4 am account vs. BM's 5 am account.

Assuming MG is correct, if you are BM - why lie? There has to be a reason. I think it's reasonable to assume every person knows LE can track your phone. I'm not sure every person would know that LE can track your car.

• If we assume that BM did know both, then maybe a vehicle switch makes sense. He leaves his phone at home (or with him and turned off), drives to MGs house, switches vehicles and does his nefarious acts. What doesn't make sense with that is the report he was texting co-workers before 5 am from the road. Clearly, if that's true, it conflicts with his leaving at 5 am story and wrecks his entire carefully planned alibi.
  • Maybe BM was simply panicking and coming up with an alibi on the fly. Maybe he drove to MG's house to pick her up, got there and thought better of it. The problem with this is - given the chlorine smell in the hotel room, would he really have MG ride in his truck if he's going to "clean up" at the hotel? Also, it doesn't explain why he would lie about what time he left the house (wouldn't it just be easier to say you left at 4, drove to MGs house and decided against picking her up), knowing that LE would be able to track his phone and detect the lie?
I just think we're missing an important piece or pieces of info related to this. It doesn't make any sense, IMO.
It may not have even been BM's truck that she heard that morning. He said he went to the jobsite to prep it for his workers and they didn't arrive until later. I thought JP said he got to the hotel at 6:00 pm and BM was already gone. Then more recently MG said they left at 11:00? I don't know which is true.

If BM had used another vehicle, I would think it would have been Suzanne's old jeep that one of the daughters used, especially if it didn't have GPS. Not necessarily when he went to Broomfield that morning, but maybe before that. I wonder if LE checked the other cars, or just the GPS on his truck.

Ita.
This makes me wonder if Suzanne died on late Fri. early Sat. ? :(
We also don't know when the texting ceased or when BM started to send messages from her phone or from his--pretending to be Suzanne.
Messages that seemed out of character and alarming to the friend.
Imo.
I would love to know the answer to that piece of the puzzle! As I’m sure we all do. That would firm up the timeline a bit. I think whatever happened was directly after the communication with her friend. IMO

But Suzanne didn't know that she wouldn't be there when they got back:(

I agree @MrsWatson and I think at that point in time, Barry was "beside himself" trying to put together his alibi and he was trying to sort out in his head how MG could be of help to him, without divulging what had transpired with Suzanne.

I think she knows a whole lot about Barry too.

MOO
Bbm.
Ita.
Great post, btw.
"Barry is beside himself..." takes on an entirely new meaning !
Imo.

Last edited:
I wonder if BM is on medication, which could explain the lack of emotion he seems to display. I certainly would understand if that were the case. It’s possible that he does not take these or any medications normally and he could be be reacting badly.
I had the experience thru my sister, observing how an undiagnosed bipolar person reacts when taking anti depression meds, without mood stabilizing meds. It isn’t pretty!
I’m no expert, hopefully some of the professionals can rebut this.
MOO
I don't think so. We have seen plenty of emotion from BM. Predominantly anger.
He threatened TD.
He angrily spoke of JP.
He lashed out at MG.
He was accusatory of Sheriff Spezze and LE.
He responded in anger to AM.
BM is not home in a pair of slippers doing the thorazine shuffle. He is at the gym, selling real estate and taking control of Suzannes finances.

Or maybe he'd already "borrowed" her car and was nearly caught returning it.

Just how much mileage did he accrue that weekend anyway?

JMO
Certainly, there are many possibilities if the person outside of MG’s home was in fact Barry. He could have come to borrow or to return MG’s car, maybe he talked to her that night and MG isn’t being transparent about what happened, perhaps he was trying to create his alibi and needed her help to arrange work stuff, maybe she was actively helping him to dispose of evidence, or she may have unwittingly helped Barry in some way without being aware of her participation.

I try to place myself in MG’s situation as being an employee of Barry. If I had a boss or a coworker whose wife disappeared, it would never occur to me to say, “I’m not the other woman.” It would not cross my mind to make this statement.

Like everything else about this case, it is hard to know what happened and when.

Here's what I can't quite wrap my head around re: MG's 4 am account vs. BM's 5 am account.

Assuming MG is correct, if you are BM - why lie? There has to be a reason. I think it's reasonable to assume every person knows LE can track your phone. I'm not sure every person would know that LE can track your car.

• If we assume that BM did know both, then maybe a vehicle switch makes sense. He leaves his phone at home (or with him and turned off), drives to MGs house, switches vehicles and does his nefarious acts. What doesn't make sense with that is the report he was texting co-workers before 5 am from the road. Clearly, if that's true, it conflicts with his leaving at 5 am story and wrecks his entire carefully planned alibi.
  • Maybe BM was simply panicking and coming up with an alibi on the fly. Maybe he drove to MG's house to pick her up, got there and thought better of it. The problem with this is - given the chlorine smell in the hotel room, would he really have MG ride in his truck if he's going to "clean up" at the hotel? Also, it doesn't explain why he would lie about what time he left the house (wouldn't it just be easier to say you left at 4, drove to MGs house and decided against picking her up), knowing that LE would be able to track his phone and detect the lie?
I just think we're missing an important piece or pieces of info related to this. It doesn't make any sense, IMO.

I'm not convinced the vehicle MG heard was BM's truck. She may have thought it was, but it's certainly possible it wasn't him at all, outside her apartment. One of my family member's vehicles is quite distinct sounding, but there is another car on my street that sounds exactly like it. So much so, that many family members have mistakenly thought our family member was home, when they hear that car. It's possible this is as simple as that.

jmo

I don't think so. We have seen plenty of emotion from BM. Predominantly anger.
He threatened TD.
He angrily spoke of JP.
He lashed out at MG.
He was accusatory of Sheriff Spezze and LE.
He responded in anger to AM.
BM is not home in a pair of slippers doing the thorazine shuffle. He is at the gym, selling real estate and taking control of Suzannes finances.
Manic?

Well the hanky panky side of me (BM pulling a tiger woods) thinks he might of been leaving there at 4am (pretty tough to tell the different sounds of vehicles, especially at 4am). And then he did see SM at 5am ...

I try to place myself in MG’s situation as being an employee of Barry. If I had a boss or a coworker whose wife disappeared, it would never occur to me to say, “I’m not the other woman.” It would not cross my mind to make this statement.

Like everything else about this case, it is hard to know what happened and when.

If I were in MG's shoes, and woke up one day seeing my name & personal info splashed all over social media, YT and God knows where all else, accusing me of being "the other woman", then "I'm NOT the other woman" would most likely be one of the first things I'd have to say.

But that's just me.

It may not have even been BM's truck that she heard that morning. He said he went to the jobsite to prep it for his workers and they didn't arrive until later. I thought JP said he got to the hotel at 6:00 pm and BM was already gone. Then more recently MG said they left at 11:00? I don't know which is true.

If BM had used another vehicle, I would think it would have been Suzanne's old jeep that one of the daughters used, especially if it didn't have GPS. Not necessarily when he went to Broomfield that morning, but maybe before that. I wonder if LE checked the other cars, or just the GPS on his truck.
She definitely could be mistaken about the sound of the truck. If, however, the reports that BM was texting his co-workers "from the road" before 5 am is true - then that's still a puzzling lie. Maybe I'm simply giving a guy who seems to spew lies all the time ("I've been cleared", "nobody asked me to take a polygraph", "400 tours", "200 square mile radius", "I loved my wife", etc., etc.) too much credit. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave