Identified! UK - Studland shore Dorset, Fem, dental work, Dec'18 - Gilberte Andree Elisabeth Pincemin

No I was surprised actually. Found a Facebook page but there was nothing on it
yeah it’s really odd, it’s like there’s a total lack of databases for french/international missing persons? i know there’s the interpol missing persons yellow notices but there’s no way those yellow notices are ALL the missing people from all over the world. it’s so odd

yeah it’s really odd, it’s like there’s a total lack of databases for french/international missing persons? i know there’s the interpol missing persons yellow notices but there’s no way those yellow notices are ALL the missing people from all over the world. it’s so odd

I looked at the yellow notices as well. Googled for news articles.

me too. very little to sift through. :(

Yes not very many all. So I guess we can narrow it down to this.

1/ someone missing from the UK. Not necessarily from dorset. Might be anywhere along the coast.

2/ someone who is a french national. I dont know how they ended up in Dorset.

3/ a thought had occurred to me that there are refugee camps in France. Maybe she was given the clothes in France when she arrived to cross to England. Maybe she was newly arrived.

Another thought here on her fillings. Silver fillings are like free in the NHS. Speaking to my partner who has numerous fillings he says the white ones you pay more for.

Yes not very many all. So I guess we can narrow it down to this.

1/ someone missing from the UK. Not necessarily from dorset. Might be anywhere along the coast.

2/ someone who is a french national. I dont know how they ended up in Dorset.

3/ a thought had occurred to me that there are refugee camps in France. Maybe she was given the clothes in France when she arrived to cross to England. Maybe she was newly arrived.

Another thought here on her fillings. Silver fillings are like free in the NHS. Speaking to my partner who has numerous fillings he says the white ones you pay more for.
Yes agreed. i think i’ve almost ruled out a missing person from england/scotland/wales, looked at all the missing reports i can find for women from jan-dec 16th 2018 and there’s none that quite fit.
I think a french national is likely, -not sure if it’s possible but the thing i keep thinking is someone who started alive on the french north coast (possibly the Lower Normandy area) then drowned in the water/fell from a cliff and got washed out, then the current washed them across the channel to the dorset coast. Not sure how possible this theory is but it seems like it could check out since that report you found said ‘seemed to be in the water for some time’.
The refugee theory is also a good one i think, hadn’t thought of it myself but i think that’s a possibility.
Interesting about the fillings, wonder if they have any kind of system like the NHS in France?

@fidgeypie The original news article by ‘The Bournemouth Daily Echo’ when she was found doesn’t give much detail but does link up the email and twitter account of the journalist who wrote it, i might message her on twitter and ask about her sources or any other info she’s able to disclose. worth a try?
Profile: Jane Reader

Update: looks like her twitter is inactive, maybe i could message the bournemouth echo page??

Last edited:
Possibly:

Vanessa Melet
Iris Atil
Lea Petitgas
Shui Phu
Beatrice Record
Gilberte Pincemin

This is based on geography and timing. Note that the forensic height measurement has a 5cm +/- margin of error.

If anyone wants to contact these families or look into it further please do - I have absolutely maxed out on this one!

Just some thoughts really.

Studland is quite a quiet rural-ish area, so if one was to dump a body, this would be the place to do it. There is easy access to the beach, unlike many other beaches in Dorset which have long walks along cliff tops etc.

There are many language students in Bournemouth, so there is a chance she could be one of these...

Also there are ferries from Poole to Cherbourg, France, so could be a person who jumped off one of these. There are fast strong currents in the area, so it is possible she washed up from this shipping route.....although I doubt it was all the way across the channel.

Regarding suicide, there are bus routes from Poole to Swanage that go past Studland, so a person without a car could have travelled here themselves.

France has many immigrants of north-African and Arabic origin, and if we knew she had dark hair and eyes, we could narrow it down. But it says 'unknown ethnicity' which doesn't help at all. Surely they could have a guess, Caucasian etc.?

Last edited:
Possibly:

Vanessa Melet
Iris Atil
Lea Petitgas
Shui Phu
Beatrice Record
Gilberte Pincemin

This is based on geography and timing. Note that the forensic height measurement has a 5cm +/- margin of error.

If anyone wants to contact these families or look into it further please do - I have absolutely maxed out on this one!

Fantastic, i'll look into Vanessa. Thanks so much for contributing!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back