GUILTY NM - Renezmae Calzada, 5, found deceased, Rio Arriba County, 8 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

Malcolm Torres’ trial for the alleged murder of 5-year-old Renezmae Calzada was pushed back nearly a year Tuesday when the U.S. District Court accepted a joint motion from Torres’ defense and prosecutors for a continuance due to the complexity of the case.

Jury selection, with a trial to follow immediately, has been moved from Dec. 2 this year to Oct. 19, 2020.

The Nov. 13 joint motion stated extensive interviews, medical evidence and digital evidence have been collected in the case. Prosecutors reportedly provided the defense with thousands of pages of discovery—or facts of the case—as well as multiple recordings and a modified copy of Torres’ cell phone contents including nearly 30,000 images.

The parties said they will likely need to consult medical and possibly other experts to draft reports, and will each need to collect additional evidence.

While the Office of the Medical Investigator has reportedly provided preliminary autopsy reports, the final report is not complete.

Renezmae Trial Delayed to Fall 2020

Malcolm Torres’ trial for the alleged murder of 5-year-old Renezmae Calzada was pushed back nearly a year Tuesday when the U.S. District Court accepted a joint motion from Torres’ defense and prosecutors for a continuance due to the complexity of the case.

Jury selection, with a trial to follow immediately, has been moved from Dec. 2 this year to Oct. 19, 2020.

The Nov. 13 joint motion stated extensive interviews, medical evidence and digital evidence have been collected in the case. Prosecutors reportedly provided the defense with thousands of pages of discovery—or facts of the case—as well as multiple recordings and a modified copy of Torres’ cell phone contents including nearly 30,000 images.

The parties said they will likely need to consult medical and possibly other experts to draft reports, and will each need to collect additional evidence.

While the Office of the Medical Investigator has reportedly provided preliminary autopsy reports, the final report is not complete.

Renezmae Trial Delayed to Fall 2020
SMH This just sounds worse & worse & worse....images are bad enough, but recordings???? And the autopsy report is still not finished??? WHAT did he do to this innocent lil girl???

JAN 19, 2020
Remembering Renezmae- including her smirk

[...]

View attachment 228366
In a mural of 5 year old Renezmae Calzada, painted on the side of the Wise Fire Station in Espanola, her teddy bear has a tear in its eye.

[...]

View attachment 228364

[...]

View attachment 228365

[...]

[...]

Oh, Mr. Bear!!! :(:(:(

Look!
Our bouquet was still there when Adrian & Toby took the new pictures.

They did more work on the wings.
I can't wait to see it completed!

I'm blubbering again.....never fails when I think of MaeMae!

Oh, Mr. Bear!!! :(:(:(

Look!
Our bouquet was still there when Adrian & Toby took the new pictures.

They did more work on the wings.
I can't wait to see it completed!

I'm blubbering again.....never fails when I think of MaeMae!
Oh, it sure is!
t4525.gif

Stepfather of Renezmae Calzada appears in federal court for murder charge | KRQE News 13

Updated: Oct 29, 2019

"Torres appeared in Federal Court on Monday on second-degree murder charges. The case is being heard in federal court as investigators say Renezmae was killed on Pueblo land just outside of Española.

Monday in court, federal prosecutors didn’t share anything new about the case. He was simply advised of his rights and the charges he faces.

Some of Torres’ family members were also in court but declined to speak with KRQE News 13. Torres was expected back in federal court on Tuesday for a detention hearing but he waived his right to one.

He will now automatically be held until trial."

Is that date right? A year ago? Jmo

Is that date right? A year ago? Jmo

Thanks for noticing that. When I was looking for an update I used the google tool to limit the search results to only recent articles. That was one of the links the search returned and I assumed it was recent rather seeing that it was a year old.

So I just deleted my post to avoid confusing anyone.

Last edited:
SECOND AMENDED STIPULATED SCHEDULING ORDER by Chief District Judge William P. Johnson as to Malcolm Torres. Jury Selection/Trial reset for 6/14/2021 at 09:30 AM in Albuquerque - 560 Cimarron Courtroom before Chief District Judge William P. Johnson. Pretrial Conference set for 4/26/2021 at 09:30 AM in Albuquerque - 560 Cimarron Courtroom before Chief District Judge William P. Johnson. (meq) (Entered: 07/29/2020)

SECOND AMENDED STIPULATED SCHEDULING ORDER by Chief District Judge William P. Johnson as to Malcolm Torres. Jury Selection/Trial reset for 6/14/2021 at 09:30 AM in Albuquerque - 560 Cimarron Courtroom before Chief District Judge William P. Johnson. Pretrial Conference set for 4/26/2021 at 09:30 AM in Albuquerque - 560 Cimarron Courtroom before Chief District Judge William P. Johnson. (meq) (Entered: 07/29/2020)
Thank you! :)

Adding link: https://www.docketbird.com/court-cases/USA-v-Torres/nmd-1:2019-cr-03333-431818

Latest court entries:

06/01/2021
FOURTH STIPULATED SCHEDULING ORDER by Chief District Judge William P. Johnson. Jury Selection/Trial reset for 12/13/2021 at 09:00 AM in Albuquerque - 560 Cimarron Courtroom before Chief District Judge William P. Johnson. Pretrial Conference set for 11/22/2021 at 09:30 AM in Albuquerque - 560 Cimarron Courtroom before Chief District Judge William P. Johnson.

05/12/2021
Unopposed MOTION to Extend (other) Pretrial Deadlines by Malcolm Torres.

USA v. Torres Criminal Court Docket Sheet

Still the same, except for change of attorney. I hope this change doesn't prompt more delays. :mad:
Pretrial set for Monday. I'm going to try to be there.

11/16/2021
NOTICE of Attorney Substitution: Elisa Christine Dimas (Office of The US Attorney) substituted for David P. Cowen

06/01/2021
FOURTH STIPULATED SCHEDULING ORDER by Chief District Judge William P. Johnson. Jury Selection/Trial reset for 12/13/2021 at 09:00 AM in Albuquerque - 560 Cimarron Courtroom before Chief District Judge William P. Johnson. Pretrial Conference set for 11/22/2021 at 09:30 AM in Albuquerque - 560 Cimarron Courtroom before Chief District Judge William P. Johnson.

https://www.docketbird.com/court-cases/USA-v-Torres/nmd-1:2019-cr-03333-431818

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back