KY PROJECT KENTUCKY - Unidentified Persons Cold Cases

Yes, thank you for submitting him! I’d love to see our Doe identified. I don’t wish this fate upon Gary, but his family deserves answers. They’re both such sad cases.

I skimmed through the posts but didn't see if anyone was offering (or interested) in seeing the sites of some the Northern Kentucky Does' crime scene locations (as a reference). Also, I have accumulated historical records and research of the area dating back to the 1940s.

I skimmed through the posts but didn't see if anyone was offering (or interested) in seeing the sites of some the Northern Kentucky Does' crime scene locations (as a reference). Also, I have accumulated historical records and research of the area dating back to the 1940s.
Hi!! Thanks for joining the thread! :) Feel free to share anything you have about Kentucky and these cases here! I personally would love to see any of the crime scene locations. And I know there are some history buffs here who could probably work magic with any records you shared.

I appreciate you offering to help!!

I'm very interested. Anything that can help to "get the bigger picture" and connecting information while working on this cases is very welcome, like you are.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I live about 20 miles northeast of Grant County John Doe's crime scene, so I will go there first. The NAMUS map pinpoints the location as a construction company (which isn't the location of the barn he was found in). I will call them in the morning to see if anyone is willing to talk to me. The construction company listed is a direct competitor of a company I will not name at this time, but I do have direct ties to; I will have to tread lightly. Northern Kentucky (Newport) went from two mobs running gambling, strip clubs and drugs to one mob running a construction company. You can look up the Newport, KY past scandals, the Beverly Hills Supper Club fire and the fact of Covington, KY and Newport, KY's local governments shielding the release of crime data. They want businesses to think the area is "safe."

Sorry for the long post!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I live about 20 miles northeast of Grant County John Doe's crime scene, so I will go there first. The NAMUS map pinpoints the location as a construction company (which isn't the location of the barn he was found in). I will call them in the morning to see if anyone is willing to talk to me. The construction company listed is a direct competitor of a company I will not name at this time, but I do have direct ties to; I will have to tread lightly. Northern Kentucky (Newport) went from two mobs running gambling, strip clubs and drugs to one mob running a construction company. You can look up the Newport, KY past scandals, the Beverly Hills Supper Club fire and the fact of Covington, KY and Newport, KY's local governments shielding the release of crime data. They want businesses to think the area is "safe."

Sorry for the long post!
Thank you for your insight on the area and welcome to the group.

Wonder if Wilbur Anthony Pate matches any KY UIDs. He is an Indiana MP missing since 2012 who worked in KY and his vehicle was found in KY after he went missing.
Wilbur Anthony Pate – The Charley Project
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Hmmm...no one stands out as a possible match. There are a few sets of skeletal remains found after his disappearance, but not many descriptors for them.

Interesting case though. Seems like there’s a good chance he could be in Kentucky.

Not sure if this one has been listed here already but I found it rather odd it says that a worker trimming trees along the power lines found a skull inside a barn. That in itself is odd but add to that the fact that the skull was determined to be of Asian decent and that is really strange. There is not a very large population of Asian people in the town this was found in only 340 out of a total population of 32,113 according to google records.

Not sure if this one has been listed here already but I found it rather odd it says that a worker trimming trees along the power lines found a skull inside a barn. That in itself is odd but add to that the fact that the skull was determined to be of Asian decent and that is really strange. There is not a very large population of Asian people in the town this was found in only 340 out of a total population of 32,113 according to google records.
Yes!! I just found this yesterday and have been searching for more info or a possible match. I had the same thoughts as you.

Here’s the thread I created for her:

KY - KY - Nicholasville, AsianFem UP74949, Adult, skull in barn, July’20

Case created in Namus on November 12. Dogs have brought bones home previously? :(
www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/75493
#UP75493Male, White / Caucasian
Date Body FoundJune 7, 2020
Location FoundWhitehouse, Kentucky
Estimated Age Range--
Demographics
Sex Male
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian
Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 70
Location Whitehouse, Kentucky 41240
County Johnson County
Found On Tribal Land No
Circumstances of Recovery A homeowner returned home and found a human skull in his driveway; owner has dogs that he think probably brought to property as they've done in the past with other bones.

HUMAN SKULL FOUND IN JOHNSON COUNTY DRIVEWAY
Not clear if the photograph is a stock photo or of the actual skull that was found.
by Heather Smith
June 12, 2020

skull.jpg

During the morning hours of Sunday June 7, 2020 the Johnson County Sheriff’s Office responded to a call in the White House community of Johnson County. A human skull had been located in a driveway of a residence.
It is believed that dogs had carried the skull to that location.
An initial search of the area was conducted by the Johnson County Sheriff’s Office with assistance of the Grant County Sheriff’s Office K9 Search and Rescue.
Johnson County Coroner also responded to the scene and transported the human remains to Frankfort for examination and possible identification.

Currently no identification has been made and the matter is still under investigation by the Johnson County Sheriff’s Office. We encourage anyone with information regarding any missing person to contact the Johnson County Sheriff’s Office at 606-789-3411.

Case created in Namus on November 12. Dogs have brought bones home previously? :(
www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/75493
#UP75493Male, White / Caucasian
Date Body FoundJune 7, 2020
Location FoundWhitehouse, Kentucky
Estimated Age Range--
Demographics
Sex Male
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian
Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 70
Location Whitehouse, Kentucky 41240
County Johnson County
Found On Tribal Land No
Circumstances of Recovery A homeowner returned home and found a human skull in his driveway; owner has dogs that he think probably brought to property as they've done in the past with other bones.

Not clear if the photograph is a stock photo or of the actual skull that was found.
by Heather Smith
June 12, 2020

skull.jpg

During the morning hours of Sunday June 7, 2020 the Johnson County Sheriff’s Office responded to a call in the White House community of Johnson County. A human skull had been located in a driveway of a residence.
It is believed that dogs had carried the skull to that location.
An initial search of the area was conducted by the Johnson County Sheriff’s Office with assistance of the Grant County Sheriff’s Office K9 Search and Rescue.
Johnson County Coroner also responded to the scene and transported the human remains to Frankfort for examination and possible identification.

Currently no identification has been made and the matter is still under investigation by the Johnson County Sheriff’s Office. We encourage anyone with information regarding any missing person to contact the Johnson County Sheriff’s Office at 606-789-3411.

Sorrry, but I have to laugh about the ? after the sentence Dogs have brought bones home previously? :( And then the picture of the skull..............

Spectaculaire, dertien miljoen jaar oude schedel van vroege mensaap ontdekt

(this picture goes with this article about a spectacular thirteen million yr old skull from early anthropoid found in Kenya)

????? :confused::confused: The more I think about it the more I have to laugh....the skull....

@MadMcGoo I don't know if you listen to podcasts but on Just the Tipsters episode 166 which was released this week, they mention that they are doing interviews on two separate KY cases in coming episodes.

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum, but definitely not new to unsolved cases and Does. I'm planning on paying the original detectives on Mac's case a visit this week. Anyone have any specific burning questions you'd like me to ask?

I've recently picked up Mac's case as a personal grail and I'm doing as much ground-zero research as possible. More on that later.

I was going to post some stuff the other day, but I kept having trouble. Everything I wanted to post that I had a news story to go along with was scanned and put online, so I just had snips from them (i.e. images). I think the file sizes were too big.

This is a list of UID's in Kentucky that were in a newspaper on my 18th birthday, way before I was using the internet at all. Several have since been identified and it is more of a curiosity than useful. I wonder how many stories like that were ever in the news back then. I don't remember any, even though one on the list was found very close to where I live and I don't remember it at all.

It seems to be working. I just hope that everyone can read it.

Attachments

• List of Unidentified Bodies in KY (5-20-1997) higher contrast.jpg
    List of Unidentified Bodies in KY (5-20-1997) higher contrast.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 34
I was going to post some stuff the other day, but I kept having trouble. Everything I wanted to post that I had a news story to go along with was scanned and put online, so I just had snips from them (i.e. images). I think the file sizes were too big.

This is a list of UID's in Kentucky that were in a newspaper on my 18th birthday, way before I was using the internet at all. Several have since been identified and it is more of a curiosity than useful. I wonder how many stories like that were ever in the news back then. I don't remember any, even though one on the list was found very close to where I live and I don't remember it at all.

It seems to be working. I just hope that everyone can read it.
These are always interesting to me. And it’s a rather long list too. I’ve come across a few of these in my research for Kentucky. I don’t think any were as long as this one. Thank you for sharing! And I had no troubles reading it :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back