Found Deceased FL - Stephanie Chitwood Hollingsworth, 50, Belle Isle, 25 Sept 2020

So I live about 30 minutes from here and I’ve been following this case closely. Her car was headed in the opposite direction of her home and kids school. She was last seen on camera heading south on Narcoosee Rd, Fortress Storage has video of her driving past at 2:15 pm. I have seen screenshots of text messages that she was supposed to pick up her kids and a friend’s kid at Cornerstone Charter Academy at 2:45 pm. Husband did not report her missing until Saturday. Husband would not release her photo for the missing alert/poster until Monday. Also, a family was fishing in that retention pond on Saturday and noticed something shiny in the water and called 911. THEN they sent in a drone. So much is not right with this case.

I'd really like to know what was in that area that led her there. Its away from where she stopped (bank and Walmart), away from her home, and away from that Charter school you noted above. I'd love to know what direction she was driving on that road. The end of Dowden Dr is a newish construction site for homes/townhomes. You can't view Dowden Dr and Story Time Dr past that intersection on google maps so I'm not sure if those home are finished being built or if they are still in the process of being built. Maybe she had a friend in that new development?

I'd really like to know what was in that area that led her there. Its away from where she stopped (bank and Walmart), away from her home, and away from that Charter school you noted above. I'd love to know what direction she was driving on that road. The end of Dowden Dr is a newish construction site for homes/townhomes. You can't view Dowden Dr and Story Time Dr past that intersection on google maps so I'm not sure if those home are finished being built or if they are still in the process of being built. Maybe she had a friend in that new development?
Maybe she was just going for a drive, to clear her head, have time for herself.

The torrential rains are to be respected I’ve learned to pull aside and let them go for 20 minutes or so - besides flash flooding you literally cannot see - it’s not like rain in other states IMO

100%.
So I live about 30 minutes from here and I’ve been following this case closely. Her car was headed in the opposite direction of her home and kids school. She was last seen on camera heading south on Narcoosee Rd, Fortress Storage has video of her driving past at 2:15 pm. I have seen screenshots of text messages that she was supposed to pick up her kids and a friend’s kid at Cornerstone Charter Academy at 2:45 pm. Husband did not report her missing until Saturday. Husband would not release her photo for the missing alert/poster until Monday. Also, a family was fishing in that retention pond on Saturday and noticed something shiny in the water and called 911. THEN they sent in a drone. So much is not right with this case.

Is it possible she turned around at some point? Going away from home (If I’m looking at map correctly) would mean she crossed oncoming traffic. I suppose the location of the car might help clarify the direction.

Can you share the links to your info? TIA

Press release posted by the administrator of the Official Searching For Stephanie Hollingsworth FB group (approved & supported by SH's family)
Facebook Groups
ETA: Service info will be announced tomorrow
Please note the blank area is concerning financial info which is against rules.

Attachments

• sh.png
    sh.png
    270.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Press release posted by the administrator of the Official Searching For Stephanie Hollingsworth FB group (approved & supported by SH's family)
Facebook Groups
ETA: Service info will be announced tomorrow
Please note the blank area is concerning financial info which is against rules.
Sorry, did not get to finish edit. I removed the area on the press release that involved fund raising as it is against TOS.

She must have gone South on Narcoosee, then left on Dowden (which is East). She was found in the retention pond on the left side of Dowden, immediately after Story Time Dr. I haven't been to the end of Dowden, I'm told it is still a dead end but there is new construction there, I'm not sure what the construction status is. Dowden is a divided road with a median in the middle. She would have had to turn around at the end or do u-turn. She would have had to drive in, turn around and then turn into the pond area, but, her car was not in the front part of the pond by the street. It was at the back of the pond, and it entered front first, from the back of the pond. I'll post pics/links of what I have.

100%.

Is it possible she turned around at some point? Going away from home (If I’m looking at map correctly) would mean she crossed oncoming traffic. I suppose the location of the car might help clarify the direction.
She must have turned around because Dowden is a divided road (not sure if that's the right term) with a grassy median in the middle with trees etc. She would have had to turn around, start driving West on Dowden, then turn right at the pond and then drive approx. a few hundred yards along the pond, turn left at the back of the pond, then drive straight in. I'm trying to add some images but I'm having technical issues.....

Here is the pond where she was found, indicating a possible route. I believe OPD and the Medical Examiner is working to determine cause of death still. Some are saying suicide, some are saying foul play. It just doesn't seem like an accident to be that far back into the pond.

Attachments

• Dowden Rd.jpg
    Dowden Rd.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 158
Here is the pond where she was found, indicating a possible route. I believe OPD and the Medical Examiner is working to determine cause of death still. Some are saying suicide, some are saying foul play. It just doesn't seem like an accident to be that far back into the pond.

Wow. Very interesting. Thank you. I was wondering which pond she was found in and where exactly in the pond. Theres no way she hit that pond while driving on the road. I'd like to know additional info about the vehicle.
I really feel for her family. This just doesn't seem accidental.

I know it was a small bottle of vodka, but if it was not found, or found empty, do the chances of an accident increase?

Wow. Very interesting. Thank you. I was wondering which pond she was found in and where exactly in the pond. Theres no way she hit that pond while driving on the road. I'd like to know additional info about the vehicle.
I really feel for her family. This just doesn't seem accidental.
This case really hit me hard, I just find it hard to accept that she got drunk and drove herself into that pond. If it were an accident she would not be at the back end of the pond. The vehicle was a 2000 Chevy Tahoe. When it was pulled from the pond, it appeared to have no damage. The pond is 10 feet deep and was searched 9 days ago. They used a rotator tow truck to lift it out. The Medical Examiner truck went to the back side of the pond, then left after an hour or so, probably with the body. Then the tow truck left with the Tahoe almost an hour later. The Tahoe appeared to be in the same condition as the missing poster.

I know it was a small bottle of vodka, but if it was not found, or found empty, do the chances of an accident increase?
I hope the toxicology reports will show this. If it was foul play, the bottle could have been emptied prior. I’m hoping they don’t just rule it out as suicide and that they run all tests to be sure.

This case really hit me hard, I just find it hard to accept that she got drunk and drove herself into that pond. If it were an accident she would not be at the back end of the pond. The vehicle was a 2000 Chevy Tahoe. When it was pulled from the pond, it appeared to have no damage. The pond is 10 feet deep and was searched 9 days ago. They used a rotator tow truck to lift it out. The Medical Examiner truck went to the back side of the pond, then left after an hour or so, probably with the body. Then the tow truck left with the Tahoe almost an hour later. The Tahoe appeared to be in the same condition as the missing poster.

I'm sorry. I think this case effected a lot of people here. I think a lot of us were hoping she would show up alive. I know I was. I agree with you that if it was indeed an accident, it wouldn't have occurred in the back of the pond there. Its the most inconspicuous place to put the vehicle in the pond. Its away from the main road, there's no houses, and I'm sure its pitch black there at night with very little through traffic since that community is still being built. Very odd. What is the white-ish thing in the back there? Old concrete?

I've only the following tweets and photos by Rachel Krause and video news reports from News 13 but fail to find any MSM quoting that SH drove the vehicle to the back end of the retention pond and/or that this is where it was submerged. Can you please provide the link(s) for this fact. It also does not seem the reporter's photos match the location you are describing. TIA

Rachael Krause@RKrause_News

A number of neighbors tell me they didn’t see or hear anything unusual in the days and weeks before Hollingsworth’s truck was found in this pond Saturday. The pond sits in front of a busy trail along Dowden Road, with bicyclists and joggers coming past regularly
@MyNews13

7:57 AM · Oct 18, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Next to the pond where missing Belle Isle mom Stephanie Hollingsworth’s truck was found on Saturday, friends have set out flowers and posters this morning
@MyNews13

7:48 AM · Oct 18, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

This is the pond where Stephanie Hollingsworth’s missing truck was found Saturday. The Belle Isle mom has been missing since Sept. 25. Inside the truck, investigators found a body but police have not made an identification yet.
@MyNews13

7:46 AM · Oct 18, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

That is very interesting.. I see what you mean. Thanks for posting picture. So it does not seem like she was driving too fast and went off the road into the pond. She must have pulled all the way back there for privacy- perhaps to drink or whatever she was doing. Maybe went into reverse by accident and car went into the pond. Really I have no idea. I just really don't think foul play. Perhaps suicide but how would anyone ever really know?
Someone said her husband didnt report her missing until the next day. But doesn't LE make you wait a certain amount of hours before an adult can be considered missing and a search can start?

I really, really feel for her family.

What is the white-ish thing in the back there? Old concrete?
I wondered the same thing. It's not old, this whole area is brand spanking new - I believe the location in which she was found might even still be under construction. Google's 3D globe data doesn't show either that road or that pond even existing. There also isn't street-view data, the street-view of that area ends at barrels blocking Dowden at Story-Time, the intersection immediately before the pond she was found in but here's a street-view of a similar structure on the previous pond. I'm still not 100% sure what its purpose is but it appears to be a concave cement pad that extends into the pond and surrounded by posts and fencing. Maybe some kind of a drain that filters out large debris. The one on the pond she was found in appears to be under construction in the aerial view which is tagged from 2020 so a person might have accidentally driven into it thinking they were just going to drive around to the back side of the pond, especially if they were intoxicated.

Attachments

• Pond Structure.JPG
    Pond Structure.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 71
I wondered the same thing. It's not old, this whole area is brand spanking new - I believe the location in which she was found might even still be under construction. Google's 3D globe data doesn't show either that road or that pond even existing. There also isn't street-view data, the street-view of that area ends at barrels blocking Dowden at Story-Time, the intersection immediately before the pond she was found in but here's a street-view of a similar structure on the previous pond. I'm still not 100% sure what its purpose is but it appears to be a concave cement pad that extends into the pond and surrounded by posts and fencing. Maybe some kind of a drain that filters out large debris. The one on the pond she was found in appears to be under construction in the aerial view which is tagged from 2020 so a person might have accidentally driven into it thinking they were just going to drive around to the back side of the pond, especially if they were intoxicated.

the pond-fenced area in back looks like a spillway for drainage. Perhaps fenced to keep birds or animals from being washed down?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyberanalyst0303
Back