Deceased/Not Found UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 Jul 2020 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the most suspicious comment I ever heard. She seems to have quite a wardrobe, I don't know anyone whose fashion is fishnets to only have one pair, how would you notice a pair missing? o_O
I raised that point earlier on in the thread, it is the most bizarre comment. In hindsight they were just badly coming up with her last movements to throw the police off on the wrong tangent. She took clothes with her and planned to stay away, few days later oh we made a mistake she didn’t. It shows how poorly they tries to cover there tracks though- clothes missing maybe, shoes missing maybe, she took a bag with her etc- but tights????

It seems more like by implying she had taken fishnets tights with her that it could be seen as provocative clothing and to point them in the direction of a jilted ex or current love interest type thing.

from her pictures she is into that style of clothing so I’m with the poster above who said she’d have more than 1 pair, so easy to put extra holes into

It seems more like by implying she had taken fishnets tights with her that it could be seen as provocative clothing and to point them in the direction of a jilted ex or current love interest type thing.

from her pictures she is into that style of clothing so I’m with the poster above who said she’d have more than 1 pair, so easy to put extra holes into

I don't mean to assume your age but, fishnets worn by emo teens these days do not at all have the sexy provocative thing that fishnets did years ago.

These days they're worn with converse/Vans - grungy and often ripped rather than with high heels etc.

I don't mean to assume your age but, fishnets worn by emo teens these days do not at all have the sexy provocative thing that fishnets did years ago.

These days they're worn with converse/Vans - grungy and often ripped rather than with high heels etc.

Absolutely - have to say I have never worn fishnets - was always a more stockings kinda girl :) It is I think a rebellious fashion statement to wear them especially now - like 'I'm not into your Kardashian kinda *advertiser censored* I am ME'. I think she owned her own fashion and image - no hard feat I would say in this day and age so perhaps gives an insight in that she speaks her own mind and is a bit of a rebel JMO

I think the original comment the poster made wasn’t about fashion but about practicality. As in, she probably owned MORE than just one pair of fishnets. In my goth days I had so many pairs. All my friends did! For my goth friends birthday last year I literally got her 6 pairs of fishnets. They get runs, they get linty, warped in the wash etc. The point is that the parents remark about them being missing is fishy cuz usually, someone who wears fishnets owns a few pairs.

Edit: I misunderstood the comment I was responding to. I’m really tired. I’m sorry.

I think that it’s pretty normal for teens these days who are into MCR to wear fishnets and it has nothing to di with promiscuity but the parents are so out of touch they thought they could throw off the cops by subtly hinting that she had run off with a lover.
JMO

Oh I know they are quite fashionable these days I’d wear them if I had the legs for it haha!

I was just thinking along the lines of if she ‘ran away’ with a dress and fishnet stockings it may come across as if she was going somewhere or meeting up with someone, rather than a pair of jeans being missing.

Been a long few shifts at work, probably not explaining my thinking very well!

I’m always suspicious of anyone who claims to know exactly what is missing from a teenager’s room within a short time of them going missing. My teens are now in their early 20s but they bought their own clothes, did their own laundry some or all of the time, chucked out stuff that was worn out or they just didn’t wear without coming to tell me first, left stuff at friends’ houses, or swapped clothes with mates. There’s no way I could inventory either of their wardrobes with any degree of accuracy.

I keep checking for updates, appeals etc as well. This case is so unbelievably sad. Her parents are in jail ( so helpless in this matter, in their defence) but you would think there would be one other family member who would be shouting from the rooftops for justice and to find her- but no one, no brother, friend, grandparent- nothing! So utterly sad.

Yes, but equally it must be incredibly stressful for the family to take on 9 bewildered and probably traumatised children, some of whom we know have considerable health problems: They may have had to give up jobs, have to adapt their lives and homes in a huge manner. Cannot even begin to imagine what that could involve...

Yes, but equally it must be incredibly stressful for the family to take on 9 bewildered and probably traumatised children, some of whom we know have considerable health problems: They may have had to give up jobs, have to adapt their lives and homes in a huge manner. Cannot even begin to imagine what that could involve...

I agree, we don't know what pressure friends and family may be under and we also don't know what advice may have been given to them by the police.

Hey, ive been gone for a while. So i missed alot, can someone tell me why were the prenta imprisoned.. what evidence do they have against them?

and also are the parents still saying she ran off.. r they keeping up w the original story they had told?

thanks in advance

Do we know that the wider family have taken in the other children or are they being fostered?

Hey, ive been gone for a while. So i missed alot, can someone tell me why were the prenta imprisoned.. what evidence do they have against them?

and also are the parents still saying she ran off.. r they keeping up w the original story they had told?

thanks in advance

The parents were charged with joint enterprise murder and are being held on remand (imprisoned) until trial.

We don’t know what evidence they have to get the charges. But it must be pretty significant to get a charge with no body. We also don’t know what the parents are saying. However, it’s likely that they were advised by their legal representation to say “no comment” during police interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh