Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the feeling a certain someone had ultimately tired of having a SO who'd been sick multiple times and likely experienced physical and mental issues... and the certain someone justified (in the certain someone's mind) that his 'action' would "save" the SO from further pain?

Is such a mental break possible with no obvious outward signs it occurred?

MOO - SPECULATION
You may be on to something here. I do feel like this could be a possibility.

Also, factor in the the covid lockdown. I wonder if it was a culmination of things that ultimately made him “snap”?

Yes, many of his actions are suspect and IMO selfish. Greeting the search party looking for your wife with cameras and a gun? This list could become an uncomfortably long post.

Instead, let’s discuss the behaviors we’ve seen by BM that Are NOT selfish.

By definition, we’ve seen predominantly selfish behavior by BM.

Selfish:

(of a person, action, or motive) lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure
RBBM
Simple equation:

Selfish = Chiefly concerned with one’s OWN personal PROFIT or PLEASURE = BM

Easiest equation I ever solved! :p:D

I’m just waiting for Barry to make an appearance on “Iron Chef.” Hopefully for his sake, the secret ingredient is peanut butter.

I wonder when it’s no longer “too soon,” and he can finally start helping with the search for his missing wife.
"This is the most traumatic thing that has happened to ME" ......IMO

The thing about BM meeting searchers with his weapon shouldered--

He surely has property insurance in the event of damage, but who was threatening damage?

As for his personal safety, he didn't need to be there at all. He could've driven his dirt bike or his new truck to his new condo in Poncha Springs. Safe, safe.

I'm still a little stuck on this. If your wife is missing and you're trying to sell an abduction story, um, well, just, WHO LIMITS where people ought to look when your wife is missing?????

The biggest impediment to the search was a single person.

What's that tell us?

JMO

Last edited:
"This is the most traumatic thing that has happened to ME" ......IMO
Exactly! Never mind the trauma of being “kidnapped” or more likely murdered by your spouse. BM really is a piece of _ _ _ _. I always loved “fill in the blanks.” I leave it to everyone’s imagination, work, dirt, c@rp or whatever. :)

Just to clear it up:

73:41
suzanne wanted to try some marijuana
when she was going through her
chemotherapy because she'd heard that
really eased a lot of the symptoms
and he was so against that and i know at
one time i think it was 2013
she went through a period there where
she kind of had a breakdown
and i think she got an anti-depressant
or something to help her get out of that slump
and i know he was so against that he
browbeat her over that almost every day

(On the approval list for 1 time link only, to this particular interview)

May I add this to the media thread so we have it for future reference ?

I’m just waiting for Barry to make an appearance on “Iron Chef.” Hopefully for his sake, the secret ingredient is peanut butter.

I wonder when it’s no longer “too soon,” and he can finally start helping with the search for his missing wife.

BBM:

He. Is. BUSY.

Court filings.
Real estate deals.
Hunting trips.
Gym workouts.

Life goes on for BM.
His world didn't stop spinning on its axis just because his wife went missing.
In fact, he didn't miss a beat.
What a trooper!

We all know SM would want it this way, if it could save one person.
Or something.

Also, I see the green-eyed monster is rearing its ugly head again.

Clearly, you're just jelly of BM's culinary skills.

JMO.

Last edited:
Re: calling someone a "meth head".

I don't know if in BM-speak that actually means methamphetamine user, or if it's one of those things where it's a catch-all phrase, like some folks call ALL soda pop, "coke", no matter what kind of soda pop it is.

Maybe he calls any drug user (or anyone he assumes is a drug user) a "meth head"?

jmo

BM has worked in construction / landscaping for a quarter of a century. Until recently, there were more jobs than people to fill them; so an employer takes what he can hire and deals accordingly. Working around a meth-head is a special hazard, because one of the known long-term effects is a disconnect from reality. When moving big boulders with a small piece of equipment, that disconnect can be fatal. I think he can probably tell whether a person is a meth-head, a wet-head or a coke-head from a city block away. IMO

No it sure doesn’t. I meant to post a comment that this is the only reference I’ve ever seen about SM and a youth group.
It's way too easy to misread or read into things (I'm guilty of it myself, for sure).
Although she seemed like the type of person that would definitely be anti-drug use for underaged kids, her own brother did disclose that she wanted to try medical marijuana for her chemo symptoms.
I'm gonna have to go with AM on this one.

jmo

That was true according to AM. And yes, that is mean and abusive. I think that was another aspect of his control over his wife.
I agree about control IMO that is why she did not have a girlfriend in Salida that we know of, I think he kept her under wraps, adding marrying young like they did she most likely has been codependent since their early marriage. Turning 50 is no mild stone, IMO it is a turning point to assess your life looking backward thru the years and also looking forwards. Do I want to continue on the path I am on for the rest of my life or do I want to make changes? A now or never age.
50 being the new 35. Ramblings of a over 50 person.

Who doesn't advocate for youths to stay away from drugs or alcohol? What makes you think she was against medical use for an adult?
Yes, many people who are against drugs support the use of medical marijuana, including Christians and substance abuse counselors. Medical marijuana is used for the treatment of opioid addiction and probably helps with alcohol withdrawal as well.

There is a big difference between abusing drugs or using them recreationally and taking medication to treat symptoms. That Barry was against Suzanne's taking anti- depressants because he was against drugs doesn't make any sense. It's not like people take it to get high and it's not addictive.

It's even worse that she was browbeaten almost every single day about it. I'm sure that didn't do much to help with her Depression.

Last edited:
I’m trying to think of something unselfish that Barry did. Something genuine that made you think, hey maybe he didn’t do this... If anybody can cite an instance, please do. I really cannot think of anything.
As far as I know, he hasn’t killed anyone else since May 9/10.

That’s all I got.

His wife is missing and he says he believes she has been kidnapped.

I would love to hear an explanation for how not organizing searches, not hanging posters, and not drawing attention to the case, is anything but selfish.

He’s already said that he’s reluctant to speak out because of the criticism he’s received, which says it all.

Ironically, the criticism is based on him not doing all the things that every other innocent loved one has done in a situation like this, since forever.

Can you imagine going missing, and your significant other not doing the single most important thing they can do to help bring you home?

It’s unfathomable, which is why one has to make excuses for it:

He’s medicated.
He’s grieving.
He’s scared.

No.

Can I imagine my wife doing/not doing all that? No. Then again, I haven't gone missing for 4 months.

I'm sure that 99% of people would act differently than Barry. That, understandably, will cause others to look at Barry with a wary eye. As I've said before, Barry -- whether he did anything or not -- should've retained a family spokesman so that his narrative would be the one in the public consciousness.

However, I will not say that the 1% who act like Barry are definitely guilty based solely on their actions. And, no, I don't give any weight to investigators' suspicions or beliefs if those investigators haven't mustered probable cause to show that Barry did anything. If & when they demonstrate probable cause to show that Barry committed a crime, then I'm open to their theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500