OH OH - Michael Klitch, 12, Grandview Heights, 28 June 1971

Could this man be responsible? The body of John Muncy was found very close to where Michael's had been. The cases are too similar to at least consider the possibility.

Authorities solve cold-case slaying of dismembered teen boy

Anderson was 18 years old and shows a student at South High School in 1971. Probably a senior. South High School is in the south end of Columbus. Not sure what ties he would have had in Delaware.

Wow,
Article here, John A Muncy died of multiple stab wounds: (To the back.) Mike Klitch died of multiple stab wounds (to the chest.)

John Anthony Muncy (Dec. 7, 1967 - Oct. 15, 1983) - Defrosting Cold Cases

According to Google, the timed distance between Deleware Ohio to Columbus is about 30 minutes. I want to know more about Anderson's violent past. I was bracing myself for shock and chills if his obit said he was an avid tennis player, but it doesn't.

Now, they just have to find a way to get Mike Klitch's DNA and test it to Anderson. I wonder who is working on Mike's case? Due to these incredible similarities, the Klitch case NEEDS to be re-opened. Who would they contact for this?

Satch

Another Wow,

John A Muncy's body was found in Deleware Ohio. Mike Klitch's body was found in a shed, which is now Alum Creek Lake. The distance between the areas, only 8.8 miles or about 14 minutes of travel time. Google Map Photo added:

Satch

Attachments

• Delaware Ohio to Alum Creek Lake Distance.jpg
    Delaware Ohio to Alum Creek Lake Distance.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 7
Another Wow,

John A Muncy's body was found in Deleware Ohio. Mike Klitch's body was found in a shed, which is now Alum Creek Lake. The distance between the areas, only 8.8 miles or about 14 minutes of travel time. Google Map Photo added:

Satch
Actually, it is much closer. John Muncy was found on South Galena Road.

I was in the area today where Michael was found. If you don't know where you are going in that area then you don't know where you are at. I wouldn't attempt to navigate the area without GPS. Then later today I was on the street where his family lives. Even today, there's not a simple route between the two points. I still believe someone in his neighborhood did this and that they had some sort of ties to the Alum Creek area. I think there is a tie to the quarry that used to be there. Maybe the person or the person's family had money and could make things "go away."

Another thing I think about, and I know it was in 1946, is the Lola Celli disappearance. She disappeared from this same area walking to a bus stop at 3rd Ave and Cambridge. Michael lived on Cambridge. I know it was 25 years prior but you never know.

I was in the area today where Michael was found. If you don't know where you are going in that area then you don't know where you are at. I wouldn't attempt to navigate the area without GPS. Then later today I was on the street where his family lives. Even today, there's not a simple route between the two points. I still believe someone in his neighborhood did this and that they had some sort of ties to the Alum Creek area. I think there is a tie to the quarry that used to be there. Maybe the person or the person's family had money and could make things "go away."

Another thing I think about, and I know it was in 1946, is the Lola Celli disappearance. She disappeared from this same area walking to a bus stop at 3rd Ave and Cambridge. Michael lived on Cambridge. I know it was 25 years prior but you never know.

For UFO Boy and everyone else,

What chance do you put that Anderson killed Mike Klitch?

Satch

Correction:#6 in the above URL link Online Word Doc should read:

"Dumping the body in what he knew was going to be a lake." At that time, Mike's body was found charred in an old shed. I will make the correction.

Satch

For some odd reason, it said the link to my Mike Klitch article has expired, so I am re posting it here in traditional form:

The Mike Klitch Murder Case- Additional Thoughts

I believe the consensus is the following:
  • Mike was taken by someone he knew.
  • Mike took a shortcut through the wooded area and went into a person’s house. It is now more likely that this happened, and that he was NOT abducted.
  • He was over-dressed for the 95-degree weather, and too hot to wait for his Mother to pick him up at the tennis courts.
  • The shortcut would have allowed Mike about 15 minutes less than a walk to and from the tennis courts, following the sidewalk. This explains why no kids saw him after he spoke with the children at the church across the street from his house.
  • It is estimated that Mike probably only played tennis for about 20-40 minutes and not for up to an hour as he originally planned. He was too hot to play for a longer period.
  • It is far too coincidental that the businessman’s receipts were in the same dumping bin where Mike’s belongings were found. His body was horrifyingly found in the shed nearby. Whoever did this killing, not only knew Mike, but knew the area. He also knew how to get out of town quickly and knew exactly what to do with Mike’s body. Dump the body in what he knew was eventually going to be a lake, 25 miles away from Mike’s home to avoid being caught.
  • When Anderson’s DNA results, proved his killing in the Muncy case, I was thinking could this also be a break in the Klitch case? Some put this at zero percent. I will put this at ten percent, because of the close proximity to where John’s body was found and where Mike’s body was found. Both had stab wounds. Mike to the chest, John to the back. Mike’s body was burned. The charcoal lighter cans, evidence in Mike’s case, could have told us more had this crime happened later, when we had the technology and personnel to investigate cases like this.
    Still believe that the businessman whose names were on the receipts was either Mike’s killer, or knew Mike’s killer. The old man whom he helped clean out his garage, should also be considered a suspect -Satch

For some odd reason, it said the link to my Mike Klitch article has expired, so I am re posting it here in traditional form:
  • Still believe that the businessman whose names were on the receipts was either Mike’s killer, or knew Mike’s killer. The old man whom he helped clean out his garage, should also be considered a suspect -Satch

Was the businessman's name ever mentioned?

Was the businessman's name ever mentioned?

To my knowledge, no. LE SUPPOSEDLY questioned him and that was the end. Probably one of the biggest flaws in the case! The businessman, who's name was on the receipts, is critical to the case. LE wasted their time looking for sexual predators and deviates, when it is almost certain that this killer was a local guy who knew Mike and the family.

Satch

To my knowledge, no. LE SUPPOSEDLY questioned him and that was the end. Probably one of the biggest flaws in the case! The businessman, who's name was on the receipts, is critical to the case. LE wasted their time looking for sexual predators and deviates, when it is almost certain that this killer was a local guy who knew Mike and the family.

Satch

100% agree. The suspect was probably someone notable or at least knew someone notable.

View attachment 56029

Here’s a street map of Marble Cliff and Grandview Heights on the day Michael Dean Klitch disappeared.

The purple dot on the map is the home of where Michael Dean Klitch lived at on Cambridge Boulevard in Marble Cliff.

The red dot on the map is the municipal tennis courts at Goodale Boulevard and Urlin Avenue.

The black dot on the map is the Summit Chase luxury high rise apartment across the street from the municipal tennis courts at Goodale Boulevard and Urlin Avenue.

The blue dot on the map is the Grandview Swim Club at 1350 West Goodale Boulevard.

The green line on the map is the possible walking route that Michael Dean Klitch may have taken when he went from his home to the municipal tennis courts.

The yellow line on the map shows where the municipal tennis courts and the Grandview Swim Club are from each location. That is the driving route Michael’s mother would have took going from the municipal tennis courts to the Grandview Swim Club.

I must point out that Interstate 70 and Interstate 670 did not exist in the west side of Columbus and outside of the Grandview Heights city limits back in 1971.

Interstate 70 only went from the Indiana Ohio border to Interstate 270 on the far west side of Columbus and east of Downtown Columbus to the Ohio West Virginia border in 1971. It wasn’t until about 1975 that Interstate 70 opened from west of Downtown Columbus to Interstate 270 on the far west side of Columbus.

It wasn’t until 2003 that Interstate 670 opened from west of Downtown Columbus to where it connects with Interstate 70 on the west side of Columbus.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back