Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to come out of lurk mode for this one.

There’s a huge difference between recreational drug abuse and following a physician care plan that includes a prescribed means to alleviate symptoms.

Two completely different animals.

A terminal patient for example, on a hospice plan of care that includes physician prescribed narcs to alleviate pain isn’t a junkie.
I like how you said that! :). I’m not sure I like your name though. ;):p

I don’t think a single person has argued that Barry committed a crime, and wasn’t perfectly within his rights.

The argument is that it was a really stupid thing to do, albeit incredibly predictable.

It’s a horrible look, and shows exactly where his head is at: Protecting what is his.

Hundreds of people taking part in a search that he himself should have organized, yet he couldn’t be assed to even participate.

I think “thank you” would have been more appropriate than “get off my lawn.”

That’s just me though.
Nah, not just you MG. :)

On another note...he didn’t go to Suzanne’s candlelight Vigil because???

Never mind.

IMHO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
Maybe it looks bad, maybe not. I think he should not have left it until the day of the search, but the act of protecting one's property is a laudable activity, regardless of how it looks.
His wife is missing, hundreds of people are trying to bring her home, and you think protecting his house instead of warmly greeting these people is “laudable?”

It’s not just looks, but actions as well.

“Eye on the ball...”

Two words:

Smoke. Mirrors.

It's all an illusion.

If BM is a "successful business man," I'll eat MassGuy's tube socks.

Slathered in Jif peanut butter.

JMO.

Better get you some Marinol for nausea/vomiting....:D But no wait, you won't have to as he most certainly isn't... You are safe!!!;)

I don’t think a single person has argued that Barry committed a crime, and wasn’t perfectly within his rights.

The argument is that it was a really stupid thing to do, albeit incredibly predictable.

It’s a horrible look, and shows exactly where his head is at: Protecting what is his.

Hundreds of people taking part in a search that he himself should have organized, yet he couldn’t be assed to even participate.

I think “thank you” would have been more appropriate than “get off my lawn.”

That’s just me though.
Yep and sometimes it’s just impossible to get these points across
JMO

His wife is missing, hundreds of people are trying to bring her home, and you think protecting his house instead of warmly greeting these people is “laudable?”

It’s not just looks, but actions as well.

“Eye on the ball...”

Do I think his protecting his property is laudable? Yes. Should he have done more earlier on? Yes.

Just out of curiosity, how many guilty men have you seen acting this way?

Why I have a hard time totally jumping off the fence is BM is doing all the things that if you are guilty, no one with half an ounce of sense would do them. BM is by all indications a successful business man, which takes some brains. If he was guilty, why would he do so many things to make himself look so bad?
RBBM
But, was/is BM REALLY a successful business man? Fotis Dulos “appeared” to be, but his business was nothing more than a house of cards. He wasn’t nearly worth what he pretended to be. I suspect this is a similar situation. Riding on the coat tails of his wife’s money, likely spending himself into enormous debt. I have no doubt the crux of this crime is rooted in money problems BM was desperate to keep hidden. JMO.

No idea. I'd like to think that if I was in his position, then I certainly would do so. However, his behavior alone doesn't "prove" that he did anything when -- at the same time -- multiple agencies have not even found probable cause to believe that Barry did anything to Suzanne.
You know better than to say LE has not found probable cause to believe Barry killed Suzanne. Many have brought up timeframes for arrest in other murder cases, and I think even you have said we have no idea what type of evidence LE has or what their strategy is.

If I ever do something really bad, I'm going to solicit your services. I like the way you spin the obvious :)

Maybe it looks bad, maybe not. I think he should not have left it until the day of the search, but the act of protecting one's property is a laudable activity, regardless of how it looks.
We live in a society! What you do or don't do speaks volumes. A man who claims to have only had one love in his life should have been out there trying to find his wife instead of selling things and being rude to people who took time to find his missing wife. In his head he is some worrior slaying bears, chasing lions and fighting fires, but when it came to his wife he didn't seem to care one bit. He can protect his property after he finds his wife. He always has to be in control and his ego is dangerous. He had to make Suzanne look insignificant even in absentia. He didn't count on this kind of reaction.

RBBM
But, was/is BM REALLY a successful business man? Fotis Dulos “appeared” to be, but his business was nothing more than a house of cards. He wasn’t nearly worth what he pretended to be. I suspect this is a similar situation. Riding on the coat tails of his wife’s money, likely spending himself into enormous debt. I have no doubt the crux of this crime is rooted in money problems BM was desperate to keep hidden. JMO.
I’m torn. It’s possible that the financial situation isn’t as rosy as it appears; or worse.

Even if that’s not the case though, a divorce could prove devastating for a man that obsessed with image (perfect family, wealth, etc).

Half your assets likely means bye bye dream home.

I’m torn. It’s possible that the financial situation isn’t as rosy as it appears; or worse.

Even if that’s not the case though, a divorce could prove devastating for a man that obsessed with image (perfect family, wealth, etc).

It’s the same old story. Selfish husband doesn’t want to share. I wonder if no fault divorce has driven the spousal murder rate up.

I think what disturbs me so much about this theory is that it gives a wife-murderer an “out”. It subtly blames the victim (in this case a woman battling cancer), for causing a man to “snap”.

I realize that is not your intent, nor that of the original poster who posited the idea. Theories are all valid here. And I also realize that a violent murder may not have much pre-planning, so I can understand the idea of “snapping”.

But I’m not buying into it. She wasn’t killed because her illness was too much for him to take. Or because he wanted to spare her from more suffering.

It reminds me way too much of O.J. and this gem:

“Let’s say I committed this crime, even if I did, it would have to have been because I loved her very much, right?” —O.J. Simpson

Nonsense. It’s murder.

jmo
That's the machination of a psychotic brain. Justification by any means and reasoning possible.

We live in a society! What you do or don't do speaks volumes. A man who claims to have only had one love in his life should have been out there trying to find his wife instead of selling things and being rude to people who took time to find his missing wife. In his head he is some worrior slaying bears, chasing lions and fighting fires, but when it came to his wife he didn't seem to care one bit. He can protect his property after he finds his wife. He always has to be in control and his ego is dangerous. He had to make Suzanne look insignificant even in absentia. He didn't count on this kind of reaction.

Ideally, he'd do both: try to find his wife and protect his property. For some reason, he did one but not the other. I'll fault him for not doing one but I won't fault him for doing the other.

Do I think his protecting his property is laudable? Yes. Should he have done more earlier on? Yes.
Laudable or laughable. I vote laughable.
Of course he should've done more earlier on. Or, to be more precise, at all.
I find it so impossible to stomach that a man who's wife has become missing yet has so many people trying to find her would bear arms against them. It's utterly unfathomable but that's exactly what he did. SMFH.

Here's a thought. IF Barry's life had been threatened or even an attempt on his life had been made, whether fabricated or real, I could see his militant behavior being a rational act. Being that BM is quite vocal when attacked (his perception) by anyone, I'm positive we would've heard of such a 'threat'.

Last edited:
Hell, I would have taken something.

Anything.

There’s no “more” when there’s nothing to speak of.

0+0=0

Or so I’m told.

I'm not so sure that there was "nothing." When he tried to do something -- the 27-second video -- he was scorned & criticized. Perhaps that convinced him that silence was preferable.

Is there a MSM link that describes their financial situation? tia :)

I'm not so sure that there was "nothing." When he tried to do something -- the 27-second video -- he was scorned & criticized. Perhaps that convinced him that silence was preferable.
That video was a microcosm of how Barry has handled this whole thing. It allowed him to control the situation, and not answer any questions he wasn’t prepared to answer.

This is why I believe he chose to go that route:

Barry staged the scene, and believed in doing so he would be above suspicion.

For whatever reason, investigators quickly determined that this was not a kidnapping, which is why they didn’t follow their playbook.

I’m convinced we will learn that Barry was caught out with very strong evidence, as we’ve seen these agencies proceed with caution (posters, appeals) even when they strongly suspect a homicide occurred close to home.

This would have rattled Barry, and it would have been beyond awkward to stand next to the sheriff at that press conference, and repeat things that he already has busted you for lying about.

So instead of speaking to the media as he probably planned to do, he was forced to pivot. He had to do something so as not to be ostracized by his family and friends. Hence the ill conceived video, the likes of which we’ve never seen before.

I imagine we weren’t the only ones caught off guard, but law enforcement as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire