Height: 5'4" Weight: 230
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue

If you have information about Shannon's whereabouts, please contact:

Campbell County Sheriff's Office - 307-682-7271
Captain Eric Seeman - 307-687-6174
Investigator Kim Jones - 307-687-6178
Crime Stoppers - 307-228-4276

What happened here? How in the world did a young mother (and stepmother even) disappear without a trace? At 3am at a Walmart?! I am wondering if local LE just didn't have the manpower, or expertise, to handle a case like this?

Shannon Nicole McClure – The Charley Project

• shannon_nicole_mcclure_2.jpg
  • shannon_nicole_mcclure_3.jpg
  • shannon_nicole_mcclure_4.jpg

McClure, circa 2013

• Missing Since06/15/2013
  • Missing FromSheridan, Wyoming
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • SexFemale
  • RaceWhite
  • Age23 years old
  • Height and Weight5'3 - 5'4, 240 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA navy blue pullover sweatshirt with "2008" on the front in white lettering, dark-colored sweatpants and white sneakers.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. McClure has pierced ears and a Cesarean section scar on her abdomen. She's right-handed and wears eyeglasses.
Details of Disappearance
McClure was last seen in Sheridan, Wyoming on June 15, 2013. Her husband and father-in-law dropped her off at Wal-Mart at 3:00 a.m. She was supposed to go visit her sister, but she never did and has never been heard from again.

She left behind a baby son and three stepdaughters. Few details are available in her case. McClure is missing under suspicious circumstances.

A few things I have come up with since I live a very short distance from the area (Recluse).

First - I took a field trip there some time ago and the area is a bit creepy. I have lived in this part of the country for many years but even this place is too rural for me. A post office, school and gas station are about all it has. There is also a type of community center but it's all gravel roads with homes no where near each other. I stopped at a place near the area and visited with some locals. After some small talk, I broached the subject and was told that everybody knows what happened to Shannon but her husband and his family are scary people. Apparently even law enforcement are intimidated by them. One person speculated that the abandoned oil wells in the area would make the perfect place to "lose something forever".

Second - I got in touch with both Shannon's brother and her sister. Shannon's sister would not talk much about the case at all. It seems Shannon's husband has forbade it and Shannon's sister is concerned Shannon's husband will not let anyone have contact with Shannon's child if they talk to anyone about the case. Shannon's brother visited with me for about an hour by phone. He was not at a loss for words about his thoughts on the case. And then he was a no show for a face to face meeting with me and has not called me back despite my efforts to contact him.

Someone close to me actually got me interested in the case. I have compiled a file of information but I admit that it feels like everyone either won't or can't pursue answers, it's taken the wind out of my sails a bit.

A few things I have come up with since I live a very short distance from the area (Recluse).

First - I took a field trip there some time ago and the area is a bit creepy. I have lived in this part of the country for many years but even this place is too rural for me. A post office, school and gas station are about all it has. There is also a type of community center but it's all gravel roads with homes no where near each other. I stopped at a place near the area and visited with some locals. After some small talk, I broached the subject and was told that everybody knows what happened to Shannon but her husband and his family are scary people. Apparently even law enforcement are intimidated by them. One person speculated that the abandoned oil wells in the area would make the perfect place to "lose something forever".

Second - I got in touch with both Shannon's brother and her sister. Shannon's sister would not talk much about the case at all. It seems Shannon's husband has forbade it and Shannon's sister is concerned Shannon's husband will not let anyone have contact with Shannon's child if they talk to anyone about the case. Shannon's brother visited with me for about an hour by phone. He was not at a loss for words about his thoughts on the case. And then he was a no show for a face to face meeting with me and has not called me back despite my efforts to contact him.

Someone close to me actually got me interested in the case. I have compiled a file of information but I admit that it feels like everyone either won't or can't pursue answers, it's taken the wind out of my sails a bit.
Great insight, I am from a very small town and sadly not surprised that things work like this.

Ok so, I've thought about this a lot since I found out she was missing during our high school class attempting to create a 10 year reunion in 2018 (spoiler, it was an absolute clusterflip). Shannon was an acquaintance of mine from high school, and I've been kind of monitoring the situation from afar? I guess? I apologize this is my first foray into the unknown, and it's kind of weird when its someone I used to know... I further apologize because my yearbooks are in my parent's storage unit and I do not have access to them at the moment, so I can't prove that I'm not just some rando from the internet... If I can help in any way, I want to be a better friend than I was when I was in high school.

Ok so, I've thought about this a lot since I found out she was missing during our high school class attempting to create a 10 year reunion in 2018 (spoiler, it was an absolute clusterflip). Shannon was an acquaintance of mine from high school, and I've been kind of monitoring the situation from afar? I guess? I apologize this is my first foray into the unknown, and it's kind of weird when its someone I used to know... I further apologize because my yearbooks are in my parent's storage unit and I do not have access to them at the moment, so I can't prove that I'm not just some rando from the internet... If I can help in any way, I want to be a better friend than I was when I was in high school.

I am so sorry about your friend. I hope there are answers soon.

Missing Person, June 15, 2013, Campbell County, Wyoming: Shannon Nicole McIntyre McClure was last seen on June 15, 2013 but has not been seen since. Shannon McClure is 23 years old, 5’4″ tall, approximately 230 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes. Anyone with information regarding this case is urged to contact the Campbell County Sheriff’s Office at (307) 682-7271 or the Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation at (307) 777-7181.

PHOTOS: Wyoming launches new missing persons database, listing 71 cases dating back to 1974

Updated 6/30/2022

3426DFWY.jpg
IMAGE_ALT

Name: Shannon Nicole McClure
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: June 15, 2013
Location Last Seen: Sheridan, Sheridan County, Wyoming

Physical Description​

Date of Birth: Unknown
Race: White
Height: 5'3" - 5'4"
Weight: 230 lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Nickname/Alias: McIntyre
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Pierced ears; right handed; wears glasses

Identifiers​

Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Not Available

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Dark colored sweat pants; navy blue pull-over hoody with "2008" in white lettering on the front; white sneakers
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Glasses

Circumstances of Disappearance​

Shannon has not been seen since June 15, 2013.

Shannon was dropped off at the WalMart in Sheridan by her husband and his father around 3 a.m. that morning. Her husband claims says Shannon wanted to stay overnight at her sister's house, which led to the impromptu Walmart drop off.

Shannon's sister was out of town that weekend and didn't know anything about Shannon coming to see her. The sister reported Shannon missing on June 17.

Shannon has not been in contact with family members since her disappearance which is classified as missing under suspicious circumstances.

Investigating Agency(s)​

Agency Name: Campbell County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Kim Jones
Agency Phone Number: 307-682-7271
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 13-05115

NamUs Case Number: 22596

Information Source(s)​

NamUs
WY DCI
KOTA-TV News
Campbell County Sheriff's Office