Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamsidea

Reaction score
Alan White was last seen leaving the LA Fitness off Haskell Avenue in Dallas after 5 a.m. on Thurs., Oct. 22.
'He just vanished into thin air': Family, friends desperate to find missing Dallas man | wfaa.com

White is married and an executive for the accounting company KPMG.

UPDATE: Reward offered for info on whereabouts of Alan White - Dallas Voice
UPDATE: There is a $10,000 reward now being offered for information leading to the known whereabouts of James Alan White. He was last seen around 6 a.m. on Oct. 22, driving out of the LA Fitness CityPlace parking lot on Haskell in a 202 black Porsche Macan, like the one pictured below, only with silver wheels. Dealer tag 8F4972.

James Alan White is 5’11” tall and weighs 160 pounds. He was last seen wearing a light gray tank top and dark gym shorts, and carrying a maroon-and-navy two-tone sling bag.

A video camera captured Alan White leaving an LA Fitness on Haskell in Dallas at 5:38 a.m. He had gone there to work out.

Friends say that is the last time anyone saw or heard from him.

“And he was expected on a work call at 7 or 7:30 Thursday morning, so when he did not show up for that everybody instantly assumed that something had gone wrong,” friend Matt Davies said.

Davies was one of many people who spent the weekend searching Dallas for White's vehicle. He was driving a black Porsche Macan loaner while his car was being serviced.

[...]

The family hired a private investigator and Dallas police are also looking into Alan White's disappearance. The family is also working to obtain a court order to attempt to locate his cell phone.

6e464171-139e-4f5d-a4ee-1800491e3d14_1920x1080.jpg

Family, friends desperate to find missing Dallas man - WFAA-TV
(video at link)

A comment on the voice article stated the dealership that owns the loaner car AW was driving at the time of his disappearance could not trace the car. Does anyone have knowledge whether a loaner car (an expensive one) would typically have GPS enabled? And, if so how difficult it would be to disable?

There have been a lot of vehicle break-ins, stolen vehicles and muggings on McKinney Ave which is about equidistant to the LA Fitness... but on the opposite side of 75 Central Expressway. So relatively close and he he's got a car that would stand out to folks who make a living that way.

There is a major transportation hub directly across the street as well - Cityplace/Uptown Station. Busses and the Dart Rail stem in many directions. Just to the North of Haskell is a neighborhood that is on the verge of gentrifying... but hasn't quite gotten there yet. Every socioeconomic status represented in a half-mile radius from that gym.

I will say this - Lots of homeless around that shopping area all the time. There's an Exxon station about a block South on the access road that I consider one of the worst in Dallas for getting hassled by people for spare change. Some have been quite aggressive. I've been in the bar/restaurant industry in this town for about 20 years - so when I say that area has both its bright spots and its problems....

ETA: I doubt anybody who is looking for change would be looking for a Porsche.... but some reward money could go a long way towards finding potential witnesses.

There are traffic cameras at pretty much every exit on 75 (courtesy of TXDot). Some of them even include an intersection above or a portion of one or both service roads. Not sure if they record or are just live looks, though.

ETA:
The camera at 75 @Haskell is just North of Downtown. You may not get the scroll-over to work... but clicking on it usually will. If the map isn't showing the cams - you need to check off the box towards the top left of the map.

A comment on the voice article stated the dealership that owns the loaner car AW was driving at the time of his disappearance could not trace the car. Does anyone have knowledge whether a loaner car (an expensive one) would typically have GPS enabled? And, if so how difficult it would be to disable?
Rental cars, even cheaper ones, from big rental agencies will often have GPS tracking.

However, a dealer usually only rents out a particular vehicle for a short term usually, often just to get a few thousand miles on it. Sometimes it's a new car that won't sell (and they convert it to a demo or loaner then discount it over new) or a recent trade in. In these cases, they may not put any tracker in the car.

Alan and his husband left that morning at the same time to go to 2 different gyms. I wonder why they don't go to the same gym. IMO

I have a friend who goes to a gym that is covered/paid for by his employer but his wife goes to another gym that is much more high end. Could be something similar to that....imo.

I cannot imagine that they wouldn't be able to track it. I wish they'd clarify whether the dealership never had the ability to track it, or if they should be able to but can't because the tracker thingy has been disabled.

Just thinking out loud about some other recent cases; if the vehicle was in the water somewhere, would the tracker still work?

odd that he disappeared days ago and the news is just now covering it. I don't know this guy but I use to live in Dallas and have seen him around. If there are cameras in or around Kalita Humphreys theatre, someone should check those too. People park back there to go jogging on the Katy Trail.

I cannot imagine that they wouldn't be able to track it. I wish they'd clarify whether the dealership never had the ability to track it, or if they should be able to but can't because the tracker thingy has been disabled.

Just thinking out loud about some other recent cases; if the vehicle was in the water somewhere, would the tracker still work?
Anytime I see a responsible, intelligent, adult missing and they don't have a cell phone with them that can be tracked I start out thinking they may have left it wherever on-purpose.

He is an executive for KPMG- He didn't go to work without a cell phone.

I hope he is OK.

Anytime I see a responsible, intelligent, adult missing and they don't have a cell phone with them that can be tracked I start out thinking they may have left it wherever on-purpose.

Why do you assume he doesn’t have his cell phone with him? Apparently his family, which is attempting to obtain a court order to locate it, thinks he does.

Why do you assume he doesn’t have his cell phone with him? Apparently his family, which is attempting to obtain a court order to locate it, thinks he does.
I don't know if he does or not, just that his family can't locate it.

I am profiling him, I might be wrong- I hope I am. I have no idea what happened and I hope he is just hiking or something.

When a middle aged white man from the suburbs disappears with his cell phone turned off it often means that it was done purposefully. He is not a target of abduction, nobody used his credit cards, nobody can find the rental car. Accident? car must be well hidden. Carjacking?

Going to different gyms is meaningless. I go to a gym by my office. I get a corporate discount. My husband perfers one closer to home. His wife may like the Yoga classes her gym offers, and his offer none. There are a lot of reasons members chose their gyms.

Professional thieves/carjackers could have that disabled in a heartbeat. $100K worth of vehicles disappear off of new car sales lots in the Dallas area all the time. Some of these guys obviously have specialty electronic equipment to override certain systems.

As for bodies of water - There are none deep enough to obscure a car with easy access from a roadway for at least 6 or 7 miles in every direction.

ETA: Hate to speculate because I know he's married - but a 30min workout isn't going to be much of a workout. Weather was nice enough to go for a run outside if that's all it was. It's possible he was going to meet a hookup. Lots of folks in Alan's demographic working, living and working out in that part of town. Getting a bead on his electronics and internet usage will definitely be key in finding him.

His disappearance is very concerning to me, I don't think it was voluntary and hope it wasn't a robbery or car jacking gone wrong. He was carrying a Coach backpack and driving a Porsche so I feel like he could have been targeted, he also isn't a very big guy so could have been overtaken easily. That being said surely something was seen on a camera somewhere, there are cameras everywhere these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305