Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked it when the judge pointed out there was no need to argue severance since he hadn't ruled on today's hearing yet. Jmo

IMO, I think Prior knew there was also no need to argue joinder, either, since there was no good reason not to join the cases at this time. The only thing is, now he's certain that it is himself that will be carrying/defending both these cases.

I’m not on the side of M. Means with his recent letter, and all that he was demanding the State to provide as soon as possible, but I did find it interesting that J. Prior in Chad’s hearing today, too mentioned not having all Discovery from the State. From one of Lori’s virtual hearings Means had made a comment that made it seem like there was many, many gigabytes of digital data that was yet to be handed over (this was months ago now). It’s clear the State has a lot of digital evidence which certainly won’t end up helping Chad or Lori much, I doubt.

Prior’s argument today against joinder was already pretty weak, and I’m sure he had an idea going into it today that the cases would be joined but he certainly tried for his client. I agree with others, now Prior will likely be carrying bulk of their work behind the scenes since he’s the only one with relevant and actual defense experience. This will certainly be an interesting trial when it finally comes up.

Am I correct in thinking that these co-defendants will have the same defense and therefore can not throw each other under the bus? Then, I will assume that Alex Cox will be portrayed as carrying out these murders all by himself. I can fully appreciate why Chad's attorney wanted him to be tried separately. I really want to see murder and conspiracy to commit murder charges.

Am I correct in thinking that these co-defendants will have the same defense and therefore can not throw each other under the bus? Then, I will assume that Alex Cox will be portrayed as carrying out these murders all by himself. I can fully appreciate why Chad's attorney wanted him to be tried separately. I really want to see murder and conspiracy to commit murder charges.

I fully expect Chad to throw Lori under the bus. Why else is his attorney so h*ll bent on calling her Miss Vallow? Jmo

My impression was that Chad was slightly behind Prior. It might have been the camera, but I thought Prior looked thinner, too.
Then it's the second time he's been seated behind his attorney. Chad looked very small at his last hearing too. Not a great look, it doesn't look like an honest move from Prior. I don't think Prior is fooling anyone with his chair assignments. I hate those games they try to pull.

CSIDreamer said:
Recap

Judge combines trials for Chad and Lori Daybell - East Idaho News

In the article it mentions:

Lori was arrested on Feb. 20, and jailed in Madison County. She has pleaded not guilty to two felony counts of conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence. Her jury trial is set to begin on April 2.

I have for Madison County trial on 1/25/20 - did this change to 4/2?? And for Fremont County I have trial on 3/22/20.

Did I miss something??!!

In the article it mentions:

Lori was arrested on Feb. 20, and jailed in Madison County. She has pleaded not guilty to two felony counts of conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence. Her jury trial is set to begin on April 2.

I have for Madison County trial on 1/25/20 - did this change to 4/2?? And for Fremont County I have trial on 3/22/20.

Did I miss something??!!

I'm not sure if the date for a joint trial is set or not.

Means also requests jailhouse recordings and letters for Chad and Lori Daybell, and autopsy and toxicology reports for JJ and Tylee, as well as the Daybell’s former respective spouses, Tammy Daybell and Charles Vallow.

Lori Daybell's attorney requests information on more than 15 people from Madison prosecutor - East Idaho News

She hasn't been charged with anything regarding the request on CV and TD. That looks mighty suspicious IMO.

I was thinking the same. That has nothing to do with this case. And the lawyer actually asks for such? SMDH.... Her lawyer is way over his head imho. He is so off base MOO of such as that cannot come in so why asking for? Makes his client more appearing ...well... I'll refrain.

I guess there perhaps is not one person on the outside that is telling her that her lawyers is... well.. not to the level for appeal... but just not one for her case to have a defense. I'm kind of SMDH at the differences in what Lori and Chad have for lawyers... and how Lori doesn't see the meteorite coming straight at her.

It's comical now.............. it really is... MOO that she doesn't see it!

I was thinking the same. That has nothing to do with this case. And the lawyer actually asks for such? SMDH.... Her lawyer is way over his head imho. He is so off base MOO of such as that cannot come in so why asking for? Makes his client more appearing ...well... I'll refrain.

I do agree with you how his efforts have made him and especially his client appear, I think he is doing everything he can (and as some would say should be doing for his client) to try and determine any and all directions the State might go in with their arguments and exactly what evidence they have. While the rules for Discovery and what it can include are very broad, autopsy reports for Tammy and Charles seem unrelated - at least to the current charges - and Means is clearly reaching quite far for those.

Although under these Rules the State has to turn over anything relevant or anything that may lead to relevant information, so things that may not seem directly related at first, but could possibly lead back to relevant information can be requested by the Defense [but none of this means the State has some of this anyway]. But none of that stops the Defense from asking for all sorts of generalized things.

I think most of all the Defense is trying to get the State to hand over evidence that will reveal their hand on any possible future charges coming, and trying to get ahead of any of those, as opposed to focused only on finding out what they have against the current charges. Now this may be too much wishful thinking considering actions of the defense attorneys so far, and maybe they don’t have such a strategy in mind but for now that’s MOO, ha.

I fully expect Chad to throw Lori under the bus. Why else is his attorney so h*ll bent on calling her Miss Vallow? Jmo

The honeymoon is over? I can't wait for the trial. I wonder if CD will give LVD divorce papers before the trial date. I bet that the attorney fees for Means are going to be paid by the state soon.

Possibly. I've got a major headache (lots of rain) so I'm a bit fuzzy, but I really don't think they can request random stuff they haven't been charged over. They might as well demand my credit report. They aren't getting it. Jmo

Agreed. But none of us ever claimed he was good at lawyering!

Same here.. headaches, fibro, everything flaring due to rain and incoming snow. Are you in the Northeast too?

Agreed. But none of us ever claimed he was good at lawyering!

Same here.. headaches, fibro, everything flaring due to rain and incoming snow. Are you in the Northeast too?

I'm in Indiana. It has rained alllll day here. My head is about to explode.

The only person from Chad's side of the family on the list is his brother's wife HD. I wonder what's her knowledge of the children's case.
It might be knowledge of the property. There is a brother who lives very close by the property. They are estranged but she may have witnessed something driving by? Just a guess.

The thought occured to me today that Chad might not be distancing himself but was going to take a proverbial bullet for her and go first to help her case. But then I realized, he could do that by confessing to having done all of it without her knowledge. He could say he told her the kids were somewhere safe from the family nabbers but not told her where to protect her from knowing that they had passed away at the hands of someone else (AXC for instance). But this is not the case. No grand gesture of love afterall. Rather it seems they are blaming her for the publicity and a problem for his trial. JMO

Been reading and keeping up with news. So glad to see the judge’s decision today
I've just read the comments in the East Idaho News on this article - one reader said how fortunate it is that Chad hadn't got Lori pregnant! Certainly for the child, but I wonder if Chad and Lori are thinking "Dang, why didn't we think of that?"

I've just read the comments in the East Idaho News on this article - one reader said how fortunate it is that Chad hadn't got Lori pregnant! Certainly for the child, but I wonder if Chad and Lori are thinking "Dang, why didn't we think of that?"
I honestly believe these two just wanted to be with each other in their own little, messed up world. They took everyone else out. Colby and the Daybell siblings, and their grandchildren were spared because they had their own lives and didn't pose an immediate threat to that. There was no point into bringing someone else into that after they killed two children and possibly his wife, a newborn baby needs attention. They just wanted each other for themselves. They're so gross and messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288