Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read an article last night that said they moved because it was too hard to be there or something to the effect. I dont have a link, but I saw 2 or 3 articles in the past couple of years.

I understand why people are skeptical, but i have never been sold on it being a hoax. 87 pounds is quite small from where she was a month before in the Halloween photos. But a couple of things made it feel real to me. 1. No one puts themselves out to wave down cars with no pants and restraints. And 2, the video of her running towards help in the dark seemed very real. She wasn't sauntering around. She looked like she was running with purpose and fear.

Abigail Hernandez was returned home much more gently, wearing the same clothes she left in and returned to her house and what she went through was nothing short of a nightmare. If this girl was doing it for attention, why has she remained completely silent. I was expecting stories and interviews, based on the skepticism. But it never happened. I cannot even imagine how hard this would be if it was real and she has been treated so badly. Until the police say they don't believe it or some evidence comes out, I would rather be cautious and not accuse a victim of lying. I am well aware of the possibility, but at this point, it doesn't feel right, considering she hasn't had attention seeking behavior that was speculated that she wanted. I will say the same thing I said about Abby--- the police not releasing details made the victim look like a liar. The police don't do them any favors by being all quiet and cryptic.

Good morning! Great post.

I do agree LE doesn't do any favors to victims or their families when they dont release information for public consumption.

However, the police are not there to be public relations officers no matter how much the victim/s, and families are left to twist in the wind with several having to endure the false narratives for many years until finally they found the real suspect.

Imo, LE shouldn't ever release pertinent evidence just to appease the public's curiosity.

Everyone should be aware of that by now with so many cases where either the victim/and or families were being vilified on SM sites nonstop, and LE did nothing to stop it because it's not their job to do so. Lately though more than ever LE is saying to the public it s hampering their investigations when so many rumors, and unfounded gossip is being said on SM sites. More, and more they are pleading with the public not do so, but it falls on deft ears unfortunately.

I could list many cases where false allegations happened, and went on 24/7 until an arrest was finally made. Some took several weeks, some took many years to solve. It was only then the false allegations finally subsided when it was shown the ones that had been accused were totally innocent.

Since being a member here since Jan. 2004 I've seen false allegations happen with regularity.

Just some of many off the top of my head:
The parents of little Danielle Van Dam were falsely accused by the majority. So were Mark Lunsford, and his parents were falsely accused. Dan Horowitz the same. Steve Groene the same. Ed Smart the same. Sergio Celis the same. Savannah Spurlock was blamed for her own death, and on and on it's gone. Then there was the young couple who had a dangerous suspect come into their home kidnapping the young woman, and then releasing her later they weren't believed by the majority either.

In all of those cases I was also in the minority held opinion who stood up for the victims, and/or the falsely accused family members.

That is why I said in a prior post, I have no problem having the minority held opinion in this case, and have never regretted doing so in countless other cases either.

Anyone who has posted with me for well over a decade knows I'm not one to accuse anyone without having any factual evidence to support it. Substantiated facts/evidence does matter to me, and I'm sure it does to many others.

However, I fully understand, and highly respect that everyone is entitled to their own individual opinion about any case. It would be very boring if I only wanted to read posts that are in lockstep with mine.

That is why I always make sure I read all posts in whatever thread I'm on. I have learned so much knowledge over the years from those who have disagreed with me along with those who agreed.

Jmho

Last edited:
I feel it was a personal “prank” within her marriage for attention and it went larger than she expected. Suddenly she didn’t know how to resolve it with a smattering of self-respect, thus the 2 Hispanic females were born. She didn’t want to be away from her kids and family for the holidays.

I feel it was a personal “prank” within her marriage for attention and it went larger than she expected. Suddenly she didn’t know how to resolve it with a smattering of self-respect, thus the 2 Hispanic females were born. She didn’t want to be away from her kids and family for the holidays.

I'm inclined to believe this exact same thing.
I know many others share the same opinion.
And I genuinely do hope she's getting the help she needs, and is in a healthy place.

jmo

And I genuinely do hope she's getting the help she needs, and is in a healthy place.

jmo

Absolutely! It makes no difference at all whether or not I believe what the Papinis share about this occurrence. I wish no one any ill, least of all their children. I prefer a story with a happy ending and if this has turned out to be one then I'm more than satisfied.

I think this is most likely too. It just doesn't fit at all with what is known as factual with human trafficking etc. It seems way too much like a prank gone wrong. I doubt she expected the attention she got, or that it would end up on international news.

jmo

yeah all this, I agree with also.

Well I'm afraid I can't agree with all the people who say it was a prank. I do believe she was taken and mistreated. However I also believe that she knows why - and is now too terrified to say anything.

jmo

I also hope she is getting the help she needs. I do think this was some kind of mental break or cry for help, and really am on the fence how these incidents should be handled by law enforcement. For instance, I don’t think there should be criminal charges, but I think some kind of community service or such should be issued to the persons to somehow pay back for all the time money and resources that are used. I guess it would be a hard thing to assess. moo

I am still shocked that in this one case, out of the thousands of cases on websleuths, victim blaming is allowed and I still am willing to give Sherri the benefit of the doubt personally but something about that news report popped a scenario into my mind,

It's possible her disappearance was part of a deep S&M fantasy experience.

I am still shocked that in this one case, out of the thousands of cases on websleuths, victim blaming is allowed and I still am willing to give Sherri the benefit of the doubt personally but something about that news report popped a scenario into my mind,

It's possible her disappearance was part of a deep S&M fantasy experience.

I highly recommend you read @Tricia's post at the very beginning of this thread, to understand why she has allowed honest, open discussion about the possibility SP was not truthful about the events surrounding her disappearance.

There is a huge difference between victim blaming, insinuating or implying she somehow deserved it, and simply not believing her story.

Looks like @swedeheart beat me to it. :D

'Supermom' Sherri Papini hopes for break in case amid hoax claims | Daily Mail Online

Jmo it'd be nice if he identified himself.
At least to LE.
And yes it appears this was a hoax .
If SP needs attention and help , hopefully she's getting it.
I feel bad that she labeled other people as suspects when it looks like they never existed or if they were known to SP -- they weren't involved.
Afaik she could've been cited and fined by LE for the cost of the investigation.
And maybe community service instead of hiding and being reclusive ?
From the above link :

• She has lived a reclusive life and is rarely seen outside since her disappearance

Even now, if she just spoke up and told the truth I think people would be more sympathetic and understanding than she might expect.
Because that's the nature of people. :)
Imo.

Last edited:
I have to wonder why law enforcement felt this single anonymous tip was worth mentioning to the media. Did he offer up some detail about the case that was not public information? If so, I wonder why they would not say that - or at least that they have reason to believe this tip was credible.

I have to wonder why law enforcement felt this single anonymous tip was worth mentioning to the media. Did he offer up some detail about the case that was not public information? If so, I wonder why they would not say that - or at least that they have reason to believe this tip was credible.

Does this tipster match the male DNA on the sweatpants, perhaps?

jmho ymmv lrr

Good questions, for sure. I can't think of a case where the lead LE gave the media information that wasn't actually relevant to the case, unless to actually refute it, and to make that clear by issuing a statement. Which they did not do, in this case. Interesting for sure.

This was a source within law enforcement, and not law enforcement itself. Basically, it was a leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member