Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #127

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess anything could be, but I'm pretty sure there are programs available that will scrub any location, time stamp, or other identifying data from cell phone videos and images so I'm not sure why the FBI or the ISP would feel the need to record the video - the one they wanted everyone to look at carefully and closely - from another monitor or screen in order to obscure anything about the raw footage. They had two years to work with this video, I think they could come up with a file that wasn't recorded in that way.

IMO any "reflections" you see are just artifacts due to the zoomed out, low quality nature of the original video.

I respectfully disagree with your opinion that they are artifacts.

I agree that metadata can be removed.

Edit: grammar

Last edited:
I still consider the car on the road under the bridge scenario to be possible. In my opinion it could explain a few things, such as how the killer controlled two young teens(he didn’t or not for very long) and why the girls were found on the opposite side of the creek(they were trying to escape). The cons on this scenario are, as you stated, LE’s interest in a car at the old CPS building, and, to me, the houses on the road that connect with the driveway/road. If anyone was home it seems like someone would have noticed some strange car rattling down their road. It would be nice to have a bit more information.
What about a 4-wheeler, dirt bike, or Razor?

What about a 4-wheeler, dirt bike, or Razor?
I would hope that LE would have been able to find fresh tracks if this were the case? However, if he parked somewhere off-road and then hiked in a 1/2 mile....maybe not. Clearly he "fit right in" and wasn't noticed, with the exception of the witness. I wonder what about his appearance made him notable enough to remember for the purposes of a sketch? I don't take note of anyone I see unless they really stand out for some reason.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I would hope that LE would have been able to find fresh tracks if this were the case? However, if he parked somewhere off-road and then hiked in a 1/2 mile....maybe not. Clearly he "fit right in" and wasn't noticed, with the exception of the witness. I wonder what about his appearance made him notable enough to remember for the purposes of a sketch? I don't take note of anyone I see unless they really stand out for some reason.

Amateur opinion and speculation
Even if someone stands out to me, Id have a difficult time giving a description even 15 minutes later. I wouldn't remember whether the person had facial hair, I might not remember whether the person was wearing glasses, etc. I'd probably remember the gender and race; that would be it.

If the person spoke to me, I'd probably remember the words, but the face or the clothing? Not likely. I guess I'd make a terrible eye witness.

Last edited:
I can not shake my opinion, and others have also thought this, that he may have gone down the creek in a kayak or canoe or whatever. Load it up and drive away a lot further from the crime scene. I am starting to think this is a good possibility, and this kind of escape seems clever to me. MOO. IMO.

I can not shake my opinion, and others have also thought this, that he may have gone down the creek in a kayak or canoe or whatever. Load it up and drive away a lot further from the crime scene. I am starting to think this is a good possibility, and this kind of escape seems clever to me. MOO. IMO.
That’s as good as guess as any other.
Do we know if that creek is deep enough for kayaking? I thought of it as fairly shallow, although IDK.

amateur opinion and speculation

That’s as good as guess as any other.
Do we know if that creek is deep enough for kayaking? I thought of it as fairly shallow, although IDK.

Somewhere in the past I had read a theory where one could access Bridge Creek, via vehicle from Rt. 25, and drive that creek bed right to Deer Creek.

For me, parking at the rear of the cemetery, out of sight from road w 300 n, thence to a secluded, wooded, perch overlooking the trail, possibly even a tree stand, to wait for the opportune time.

The murder scene, IMO, lends itself to an escape from that cemetery. The CS between the bridge, and the escape vehicle. Walk up the hill, get in the car, take a right out of the cemetery, and you are gone.

Somewhere in the past I had read a theory where one could access Bridge Creek, via vehicle from Rt. 25, and drive that creek bed right to Deer Creek.

For me, parking at the rear of the cemetery, out of sight from road w 300 n, thence to a secluded, wooded, perch overlooking the trail, possibly even a tree stand, to wait for the opportune time.

The murder scene, IMO, lends itself to an escape from that cemetery. The CS between the bridge, and the escape vehicle. Walk up the hill, get in the car, take a right out of the cemetery, and you are gone.
This makes the most sense to me. Perching in a tree stand lends the possibility of a deer hunter familiar with those woods.

Your theory rings true to me.

This makes the most sense to me. Perching in a tree stand lends the possibility of a deer hunter familiar with those woods.

Your theory rings true to me.

Tree stands are fairly easy to spot. Most of the ones I've seen have steps nailed to the tree, which makes them very easy to find. (Some might be accessible only with portable rope ladders.) None of the searchers mentioned seeing one; I doubt very much whether the investigators would have been able to keep something like that quiet. That isn't to say that BG couldn't have perched in a tree.

"Pic" of tree stand.

Found Deceased - IN - IMAGE discussion re Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi

94259-f77745461ab111378bc3b6b544466ff0.jpg

ETA: Discussion of tree stand.

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #83

One of my college professors showed a different version of this same scenario in my sensation and perception class (many years ago) and it blew my mind!

Like The Berenstain Bears level type of mind blown.

Yes! I took an online class earlier this year about witness reliability and how to properly interview them.(Hey...there’s a pandemic going on and I was looking for something to do!) We had to watch a similar video
and I failed it epically! I laughed so hard at myself!

Yes, not far away.
interesting, do we have any info to compare on the suspect profile? like height, weight to compare to johnny angelo hansen? ive compared sketchs and they arent far from each other. i see similarities in the nose and eye region. as well as the mouth but hard to observe the jaw with the beard.

Telegram is a cross-platform cloud-based instant messaging, videotelephony and VoIP service with end-to-end-encrypted chat for secret chat only, whereas server-client/ client-server encryption is used in cloud chats. Wikipedia
Initial release date: August 14, 2013
Available in: English Language, Spanish Language, MORE

I just heard of this on TV. It's more and more used for criminally activities - immediately I thought of BG and his victims .........

ETA: 28 Cool Telegram Messenger Tricks You Should Know (2020) | Beebom

Last edited by a moderator:
interesting, do we have any info to compare on the suspect profile? like height, weight to compare ? ive compared sketchs and they arent far from each other. i see similarities in the nose and eye region. as well as the mouth but hard to observe the jaw with the beard.

I snipped the name out of your post.

Well, yes...we do have a description. From the FBI official "seeking information" poster, we have this description of Libby and Abby's killer:

The person depicted in the composite sketch is described as a White male between 5'6" and 5'10", weighing 180 to 220 pounds, with reddish-
brown hair. His eye color is unknown. The suspect is believed to be between 18 and 40 years old but may appear younger.

The person charged in the machete attack near Dayton, Ohio is 33 years old, 6'3 and 370 pounds according to the arrest report, with dark hair (I see brown or black) and dark eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow