Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
DBM

BM we know spins a web, but MG made that statement after her interview with LE and after they took her phone. I think she had every reason to tell the truth about some things , but IMO she might not have told everything she knew. Edit- adding I think she relocated with LE help.
I agree, MG has less of a reason to lie than Barry. She said herself that she MOSTLY cooperated with LE...whatever that means.

Thanks I have moved my mental timeline up-and gee, it seems like Barry lied about another thing.
I try to update the media threads for the located forum -specifically located deceased and the husband/SO Killers all seem to lie - when all the truth comes out I think we will have the same with our gal SM
JMO

Do we have MSM confirmation of who the girls called on the morning on Mother's Day, prior to concern? I think it was an early article. Pretty sure it was a neighbor, but not the neighbor who called LE.

JMO

Found this discussed in some posts on Thread #25, and Lauren’s clarification is still in her FB comments.

Snip from Post 1157:
Lauren Scharf said in her interview with PE that the daughters called a neighbor the morning of Mother’s Day, but, at that time, they weren’t worried about SM’s safety. Lauren specified in the comments on her Facebook page that this was a different neighbor than the woman who called 911 later that day.

Snip from Post 1167:
Lauren Scharf

In the PE interview, Lauren mentions a first call to a neighbor on MD morning. In the comments, she specifies this is NOT the same neighbor who called 911 around 5:30 pm on MD.

Found this discussed in some posts on Thread #25, and Lauren’s clarification is still in her FB comments.

Snip from Post 1157:
Lauren Scharf said in her interview with PE that the daughters called a neighbor the morning of Mother’s Day, but, at that time, they weren’t worried about SM’s safety. Lauren specified in the comments on her Facebook page that this was a different neighbor than the woman who called 911 later that day.

Snip from Post 1167:
Lauren Scharf

In the PE interview, Lauren mentions a first call to a neighbor on MD morning. In the comments, she specifies this is NOT the same neighbor who called 911 around 5:30 pm on MD.
Makes you wonder...regarding the first call , if no concerns why call the neighbor to begin with? Just to wish her a Happy Mother's day(?) which would be fine. But why someone else later in the day...Barry's choice?

Last edited:
I have always thought Saturday was the day Suzanne was killed but now I wonder if the reason BM was acting odd and antsy on Saturday am at the job site was because she was killed Friday and he was trying to figure out how to cover it up. Was he intentionally avoiding the house on Saturday afternoon or was he figuring out his cover up and alibi on the fly while he was roaming around and acquiring the items he would need to clean up the house and support his story?

MOO

I think had to be after Friday only because SM and her bff were texting at some point on Saturday when SM abruptly stopped replying.

I rember the GLASS WALL from first infos very well, but where is there GLASS on that wall, we saw in those many pictures, I wonder?

I vaguely recall mention of a glass wall. Glass walls are not generally an outdoor feature. I remember being confused when what I had thought of as a project inside someone's home instead became an outdoor retaining wall built for a government entity. Of course this case has had many twists and turns and I just figured I had misunderstood about thinking the wall was glass in someone's kitchen or bathroom.

Unfortunately ole Cryptic Chris :p didn't give us any idea when those pics were taken, so it's impossible to know for sure if the pics he posted then deleted, is the way it actually looked when MG, JP and CC showed up on the Monday.

Interestingly enough though, in LS latest video at 6:43, there are pics included of what the wall looked like on Tuesday the 12th, and it looks a lot different than the pics CM posted (and now I'm going from memory so it's all totally jmo).

Re-listening to MG's interview with LS she did say BM removed the capstones and moved some dirt around so yes, it does appear he did have a Bobcat there, and took it with him when he left, oddly, knowing full well the crew would have needed it to do the job he sent them to do.

jmo
RBBM
I never really thought BM brought the Bobcat to Broomfield because why wouldn’t he have left it for his workers?
After PE’s insinuating Tweet that a Bobcat had been used in Broomfield, I had to rethink the work he did there. Did he not want them digging around the wall site after he left?
When BM returned to Maysville from Broomfield on Sunday night, he would have to drive by all the searchers looking for his wife in order to get to his house. By then they had found SM’s bike. Did he pull over on the road where he accused LE of destroying all the evidence? With the bobcat on a trailer on the back of his truck.?
Or did he go straight home and drop off the Bobcat before he even stopped to find out how the search was going?
Or did he drop the bobcat somewhere else before he even went home?
Did LE have his GPS from the bobcat and know he stopped somewhere between Maysville and Broomfield early Sunday morning? Is this where he made a blunder about when he did a “mechanical thing” with the bobcat? Or was it at the Salida dig site?
There’s still a lot of Bobcat questions that seem to hold clues to this case.

I think had to be after Friday only because SM and her bff were texting at some point on Saturday when SM abruptly stopped replying.
That date and time is in question, as it’s changed like three times already.

So it all comes down to when that actually happened. Just as incriminating as an abrupt stoppage, would be any unusual texting behavior (change in writing style).

An abrupt stoppage is obviously much more damning if coupled with the latter, as the former can perhaps be explained away (WiFi cut out or something).

Lauren Scharf said in her interview with PE that the daughters called a neighbor the morning of Mother’s Day, but, at that time, they weren’t worried about SM’s safety.
bbm

Why are adult girls calling a neighbor to ask for their mother on the morning of a special day like MD? They weren't worried, so why call at all? Even if these neighbors are friends of their parents, why should SM have been there or why should the neighbors have known about SM's whereabouts ON THE MORNING of MD?
Did SM have had to log off at 3 (controlling) family members, if she wanted to leave the home? -End of irony.-

RBBM
I never really thought BM brought the Bobcat to Broomfield because why wouldn’t he have left it for his workers?
After PE’s insinuating Tweet that a Bobcat had been used in Broomfield, I had to rethink the work he did there. Did he not want them digging around the wall site after he left?
When BM returned to Maysville from Broomfield on Sunday night, he would have to drive by all the searchers looking for his wife in order to get to his house. By then they had found SM’s bike. Did he pull over on the road where he accused LE of destroying all the evidence? With the bobcat on a trailer on the back of his truck.?
Or did he go straight home and drop off the Bobcat before he even stopped to find out how the search was going?
Or did he drop the bobcat somewhere else before he even went home?
Did LE have his GPS from the bobcat and know he stopped somewhere between Maysville and Broomfield early Sunday morning? Is this where he made a blunder about when he did a “mechanical thing” with the bobcat? Or was it at the Salida dig site?
There’s still a lot of Bobcat questions that seem to hold clues to this case.

Agreed. Including how many Bobcats were in play.

I'm still not convinced that the Bobcat at the Salida job is the same Bobcat we saw parked at Puma Path.

And because we have the neighbor asking the workers, we know that the keys are left onsite but hidden. Which means that someone working at that site might have the ability to "borrow" a machine belonging to someone else.

I still think attachments may have been swapped between two Bobcats.

Which surely is a mechanical thing.

MOO

That date and time is in question, as it’s changed like three times already.

So it all comes down to when that actually happened. Just as incriminating as an abrupt stoppage, would be any unusual texting behavior (change in writing style).

An abrupt stoppage is obviously much more damning if coupled with the latter, as the former can perhaps be explained away (WiFi cut out or something).

I also feel uncertain that the texting between SM's phone and her friend was actually SM with certainty. I think it's possible BM could have impersonated SM via text, and it might only have become noticeable to the friend after some time had passed. MOO

Agreed. Including how many Bobcats were in play.

I'm still not convinced that the Bobcat at the Salida job is the same Bobcat we saw parked at Puma Path.

And because we have the neighbor asking the workers, we know that the keys are left onsite but hidden. Which means that someone working at that site might have the ability to "borrow" a machine belonging to someone else.

I still think attachments may have been swapped between two Bobcats.

Which surely is a mechanical thing.

MOO

I also feel uncertain that the texting between SM's phone and her friend was actually SM with certainty. I think it's possible BM could have impersonated SM via text, and it might only have become noticeable to the friend after some time had passed. MOO
Yup. That’s why I included “change in writing style.” I think it’s entirely possible that Barry pretended to be Suzanne, as suspicions might grow if she was suddenly unreachable for a period of time.

I do think Suzanne was texting at some point, as Barry wouldn’t draw suspicion by suddenly stopping.

The question is if he communicated using her phone, after that.

Last edited:
Warning: This is about the “five” clue.

Ok so tonight after PE’s Monday night Choir Practice they had another live chat for their members where you could actually call in with questions or suggestions and be on live with Mike & Chris. It was sort of a smaller group tonight and everyone got a chance and PE were asking people for questions so I thought what the heck just ask them about #5 and so I did...and guess what? Chris actually answered!

He said Suzanne is possibly in five locations. That’s finally the meaning of the “five” clue. I still don’t get the Bruce Lee reference but anyhow I asked if she is in ALL five different locations or just in one out of the five locations? Everyone else was chiming in on this too and Chris said they really couldn’t say anymore than that right now because they don’t want to jeopardize the investigation. But he reiterated that there are five locations and he said one of them was where a cadaver dog already hit so that’s one location so there are only four more locations. And a few people in chat seemed to know what he was talking about and one person said Lily, let me give you a hint...”go back in time.” And someone else said “How’s your golf game?” So if anybody can figure all this out have at it! The only thing I could think of was maybe Indiana? (Back in time & they used to hang out on the golf course talking.) But I can’t believe BM would risk driving that far with Suzanne’s body in his truck. And even more shocking is Chris actually saying Suzanne was dismembered? :(

Has LE found something we don’t know about? How does PE know about the five locations? Why do others in the live chat seem to know about this? Do any of ya’ll know? If so would you please share with your WS fam?! Unless it really would hurt the investigation. You never know who might be reading and following along here!

Also if PE know about these five location(s) then why haven’t Suzanne’s remains been recovered?

I can’t keep my eyes open any longer but I’ll check back tomorrow to see if anyone has any idea what the other four locations are and which site that the dog hit on is Chris talking about? The river/beach Salida site, the LHR site or the three little trees site?

Last edited:
I vaguely recall mention of a glass wall. Glass walls are not generally an outdoor feature. I remember being confused when what I had thought of as a project inside someone's home instead became an outdoor retaining wall built for a government entity. Of course this case has had many twists and turns and I just figured I had misunderstood about thinking the wall was glass in someone's kitchen or bathroom.

While we wait, I bide my time chewing my nails and researching these things .. I looked this one up.

I think the glass wall comment came from this video with PE and Andy. I recall it being discussed in an earlier thread, but I think what Andy was actually saying was “last fall”

At around 6:55

Ok so tonight after PE’s Monday night Choir Practice they had another live chat for their members where you could actually call in with questions or suggestions and be on live with Mike & Chris. It was sort of a smaller group tonight and everyone got a chance and PE were asking people for questions so I thought what the heck just ask them about #5 and so I did! And guess what? Chris actually answered!

He said Suzanne is possibly in five locations. That’s finally the meaning of the “five” clue. I still don’t get the Bruce Lee reference but anyhow I asked if she is in ALL five different locations or just in one out of the five locations? Everyone else was chiming in on this too and Chris said they really couldn’t say anymore than that right now because they don’t want to jeopardize the investigation. But he reiterated that there are five locations and he said one of them was where a cadaver dog already hit so that’s one location so there are only four more locations. And a few people in chat seemed to know what he was talking about and one person said Lily, let me give you a hint...”go back in time.” And someone else said “How’s your golf game?” So if anybody can figure all this out have at it! The only thing I could think of was maybe Indiana? (Back in time & they used to hang out on the golf course talking.) But I can’t believe BM would risk driving that far with Suzanne’s body in his truck. And even more shocking is Chris actually saying Suzanne was dismembered? :(

Has LE found something we don’t know about? How does PE know about the five locations? Why do others in the live chat seem to know about this? Do any of ya’ll know? If so would you please share with your WS fam?! Unless it really would hurt the investigation. You never know who might be reading and following along here!

Also if PE know about these five location(s) then why haven’t Suzanne’s remains been recovered?

I can’t keep my eyes open any longer but I’ll check back tomorrow to see if anyone has any idea what the other four locations are and which site that the dog hit on is Chris talking about? The river/beach Salida site, the LHR site or the three little trees site?

WOW @Lilypad13 thank you for asking PE and for sharing the 5 clue. back in time.. golf game.. hmmm. More head scratching.

ETA: What about the golf course where the bones were found 8/27 near Denver - Highland Ranch? Was that person identified?

Ok so tonight after PE’s Monday night Choir Practice they had another live chat for their members where you could actually call in with questions or suggestions and be on live with Mike & Chris. It was sort of a smaller group tonight and everyone got a chance and PE were asking people for questions so I thought what the heck just ask them about #5 and so I did...and guess what? Chris actually answered!

BBM ‘go back in time ‘ to me makes me think of hot tub time machine. Do you think he is referring to the hot tub? MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak