Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
This works for me -- for a week or two I've wondered if there was a second Bobcat and/or a second truck that he could have borrowed that night. I have only two problems with this scenario, though -- surely the cops would have search warrants for ALL vehicles that were 'work' vehicles, including ones parked at BM's employees' houses? And secondly, with the vast Colorado landscape, did he really, really need a Bobcat? I realize the terrain is rocky and hard to dig with a shovel, but it would be easier (to me) to use an older vehicle (no GPS), take the body 10 miles away, and hand dig. Or use an area he's previously scoped out. IMO.
Still, your scenario could be exactly what happened to poor SM.
I only wondered about this: would he have a key to a bobcat, he didn't own??

IMO, the PE guys don't know know anymore facts of this case than you or me. When I say facts, I mean what actually happened to SM to cause her disappearance. They are speculating just like all of us on WS. I'm confident in saying LE is not sharing any investigation facts with them. Again, IMO, it's all speculation.
Yes, but I would trust their speculation on something more than my own. ;)

LE has all of this:

1. GPS/cell phone data for BM's drive to Broomfield, including stops.
2. Time BM checked in to the Broomfield HIE
3. Security camera footage from the Broomfield HIE

A murder, cover-up, and body disposal could have occurred anywhere from the time SM stopped communication with her friend to the time BM left for, or arrived in, Broomfield. We just don't know how many hours that entailed.

But LE does.

We also don't know the forensic results from the house search.

But LE does.

Mr. And Mrs. M's relationship and financial situation? LE knows.

There will be an arrest.
❤️⏳

++
All true... however, because we're all so used to this style of communication, it's super easy to recognize text convo patterns of the people we talk to/text with all the time. One of my kids uses emojis constantly, another sends me hilarious gifs almost every single day, another kid sends me a message and doesn't answer for a week, then she calls instead of texting back. Another kid always responds with "kk" and she's the only one that does that.

That, plus the language and wording each person uses is quite distinct. I don't believe for a moment, BM was able to pull off impersonating SM in a text/messaging convo with SM's best friend, as some have suggested. He would have used the wrong words, the wrong emojis, the wrong grammatical sentence structure - because that's as unique as the tone of our voice and body language when we're speaking. Her friend would have known immediately something was off, even if she couldn't have put her finger on what, exactly.

All entirely jmo, of course. :)
Maybe, the friend wondered over hours, why SM texted differently than usual, but couldn't figure it out?

Holy Tintinnabulation Batman.... one of the riddler's riddles has been answered with ....... a riddle....

'back in time'.... The Twin Pines Mall (aka Lone Pine Mall) in Back to the future, is actually the Puente Hills Mall....
'how's the golf game'... back nine, clubhouse, sandtrap, green, water hazard, Tiger Woods..... Great Scott
Loooove your avatar! :cool::)

I tend to agree, but the neighbor has never been named.
I speculated early on that he was there because BM called him and asked him to head over there.
But then I have to wonder, if he could have called him to head over there after the fact, why didn't he call him in the first place to check on SM at the house, instead of calling the neighbor lady?

SO much of what we know in this case, doesn't make sense.

jmo
BM’s version of events in the TD video.

Attachments

• F8A86714-472A-4839-8ABC-4B1A57C98CF3.jpeg
    F8A86714-472A-4839-8ABC-4B1A57C98CF3.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 31
Terms of Reward. Misleading?
Yet many of the posters on the find page, intimate LE is connected to the reward, IMO.
Find Suzanne Morphew
Find Suzanne Morphew
Is it normal to condition the reward to a "safe return"?
... That’s also how I would initially do it.
At this stage though, it should be changed to the arrest and conviction of the perpetrator.
sbm
@Knox Yes, both seem misleading. AFAIK, LE has not referred to reward.
1. One flyer states or at least suggests LE is onboard no Q's and $$$ offer terms, maybe even offering the reward themselves. I strongly doubt that, jm2cts.
SM in white w lace, at lake: "Police and family... seeking info ... safe return, no questions asked, and offer $100,000 safe return."
2. Other flyer W SM at night states " $200,000 reward for her safe return." then "Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze" then tipline phone number.

@MassGuy Yes, agreeing, past time to change wording.
jm2cts.

LE has all of this:

1. GPS/cell phone data for BM's drive to Broomfield, including stops.
2. Time BM checked in to the Broomfield HIE
3. Security camera footage from the Broomfield HIE

A murder, cover-up, and body disposal could have occurred anywhere from the time SM stopped communication with her friend to the time BM left for, or arrived in, Broomfield. We just don't know how many hours that entailed.

But LE does.

We also don't know the forensic results from the house search.

But LE does.

Mr. And Mrs. M's relationship and financial situation? LE knows.

There will be an arrest.
I would say a murder could have occurred anytime from the end of the text conversation until sometime on Sunday given what we know. You can only change that expanse of time if you are making the presumption that Barry is guilty and acted alone. I am not yet to the position given the facts that he acted alone if he is found to be involved.

I can only attribute that to not knowing all the details of the case and not following from the beginning. I've seen the same with rando YT'ers and even with AwP guys.

They don't even pronounce SM's surname or Chaffee county, correctly. Those of us who follow from day 1 can always tell who's new to the case, based on the things they say & questions they ask. So, for that reason, I don't think anything Dr. Phil says is going to tweak the timeline.

And all of that, is of course, jmo :)

I am so happy that I am not the only one that notices this! And I was literally yelling at my screen at Jared "ITS NOT MORPHY OR MURPHY!!!!!

New Entries for OED?

sbm on both ^
Thank you to @kshultz06082 and @Megnut for proving once again, English is a living language.

ETA for boo-boos.
That goes in the book along with pretzelized and hamburgerized ! Words AM used in his description as if he would of been on a bike and tumbled down a ravine. Love the living language . Anybody that has skinned a knuckle can relate.

Last edited:
I only wondered about this: would he have a key to a bobcat, he didn't own??
I quizzed a Bobcat owner and he stated, there is a keypad code known to the owner in addition to the key. He has 3 employees and they all have the code. This could change with different year models . From the pics we have seen IMO BM’s Bobcat would also have a code. An operator has to put the proper code in before starting the Bobcat.

For anyone in the know...

Is there any legitimate reason the publicly available docs would list Garrett Construction LLC as the original contractor for this retaining wall job, who sub-contracted to EA Outdoor Services, but then show zero documentation listing BM or his company for the actual hands on work?
Your question requires sleuthing the contractors above and I don't think that is allowed without violating TOS. Please clarify.

@K9Enzo and it seems like there are others that agree with you. I thought there were a lot of others like me who still want to get to the bottom of what the “five” clue meant so that’s why I brought it to the thread again. I’m sorry if I annoyed anyone though! :(

Hello- there is ZERO to apologize for! (IMO) I don’t care for PE’s show platform and some of their guests but that’s just me. Many members are interested in what the 5 clue means and I’m sure appreciated you filling in the blanks.

I listened to a Nancy Grace podcast recently while doing outside chores and ended up listening to several and actually enjoying her. Yup, I said that. lol

I genuinely enjoy the discussions in these SM threads and the different perspectives everyone brings. Mine is just a sliver of it. IMO

Have a good night :)

IMO, the other neighbor was GD. Otherwise, how was he at the bike discovery location prior to Barry arriving?
I agree. LS learned that the SM's daughters called this neighbor on the morning of May 10 when LS was trying to reach GD. We also learned that the daughters were not worried about SM at the time they talked to this unnamed neighbor lady. MOO

ETA: To be clear, LS did not want to identify the neighbor lady that talked to duaghters in the morning but confirm this was not the same lady that reported SM missing.

I agree. LS learned that the SM's daughters called this neighbor on the morning of May 10 when LS was trying to reach GD. We also learned that the daughters were not worried about SM at the time they talked to this unnamed neighbor lady. MOO

ETA: To be clear, LS did not want to identify the neighbor lady that talked to daughters in the morning but confirm this was not the same lady that reported SM missing.
How do we know it was a neighbor lady?

We have all kinds of heavy equipment on large jobsites that numerous trades use. Generally the keys are left somewhere in the equipment.
Yea we don't usually think people are being negative he or that we are being shady so we leave keys to equipment or houses all the time. I have so many random keys or pass codes for security systems. In my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77