Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the second outdoor picture what is the space with rocks around it that looks like a sunken grave? There is a garden hose running over it onto the grass. No flowers..just looks like weeds.
It looks like landscaping that has been done around a shrub that was planted there. There are stones around the border. I doubt there would be a grave just off the main path to the house. At least I hope not.

I guess it could be a fairy tale, but that would mean the whole story about Barry coming up with the bike ride story may not be true. The PE guys were questioning why BM asked her to go back to the house to see if her bike was there. They speculated that this was how the bike story "evolved." They seemed sure that BM called her, then after she called him back she went again to check for the bike. I'm assuming this information came from Andy, who probably was told by BM.

If it was not BM that she spoke to on the phone, then it must have been someone else who came up with the idea that SM went on a bike ride.

You are right, and you have a fantastic memory @MsBetsy. I dug this up.

In an exclusive interview with FOX21’s Lauren Scharf, Barry Morphew described answering the phone, on Mother’s Day Weekend, to a neighbor’s call.

“She said, ‘Barry, Suzanne is not at the house. Her car is here, but her bike is missing.’ And I said, ‘that doesn’t sound good because she’s not answering me either. I’m coming home right now,” He said. “That was at 5 p.m. Sunday evening.”

Barry told FOX21 that at the time he was about 160 miles away from the Morphew family home, which is in Maysville. He says he was working at a job in Broomfield. The neighbor had been alerted by one of the Morphews’ daughters, who’d been trying to text Suzanne to wish her a Happy Mother’s Day.

“Suzanne went on a bike ride every day, Lauren. She was an avid biker. If she did not bike around the subdivision, she biked on trails. I don’t remember how the conversation went, but I probably said something like, ‘is her bike there?’ Because her car was there and she’s gone,” Barry said.

Search for Suzanne Morphew pushes on despite silence from Chaffee County Sheriff - Colorado Springs, Colorado - Eminetra

Acting District Attorney Kaitlin Turner did not win the election.

Votes
REP
Linda Stanley
60.53%

DEM
Kaitlin Turner
39.47%

Linda Stanley will take office January 1, 2021.

Linda Stanley, Candidate for 11th Judicial District DA - by Jan Wondra - Ark Valley Voice

She is a former police officer.
I liked her response when asked about cold cases:

LS: The first thing I’m going to do is read the case files. I have been notified by dozens of individuals over the last few months that have pleaded with me to look at their cases.

Without making any further promises, I told each individual that I absolutely would look at the cases. The difference with me is that I am looking at the case as both a police officer and a prosecutor. I look at it as an investigator and as an attorney. If I think there are more leads to follow up on, I will ask the appropriate law enforcement agency if those leads were addressed, if so what was the outcome and if not, why not. If needed, I can assign the case to an investigator in the District Attorney’s office for a different perspective on the case and possible leads.

As I have stated previously in other publications, sometimes there may not be any other leads to follow up on. If that is the case, there needs to be a decision between the District Attorney’s office, law enforcement, and the victim(s) about going forward with possible charges. If there is probable cause established to make an arrest, then an arrest should be made. The District Attorney’s office should never require a case to be wrapped up in a big, red bow in order to go forward with charges. Sometimes, the only justice that a victim gets is going to trial.

A District Attorney needs to be able and willing to do so. I’ve personally handled hundreds of jury trials; my opponent has not conducted even one. That speaks volumes.

Q&A with District Attorney candidates Linda Stanley, Kaitlin Turner – Canon City Daily Record

She is a former police officer.
I liked her response when asked about cold cases:

LS: The first thing I’m going to do is read the case files. I have been notified by dozens of individuals over the last few months that have pleaded with me to look at their cases.

Without making any further promises, I told each individual that I absolutely would look at the cases. The difference with me is that I am looking at the case as both a police officer and a prosecutor. I look at it as an investigator and as an attorney. If I think there are more leads to follow up on, I will ask the appropriate law enforcement agency if those leads were addressed, if so what was the outcome and if not, why not. If needed, I can assign the case to an investigator in the District Attorney’s office for a different perspective on the case and possible leads.

As I have stated previously in other publications, sometimes there may not be any other leads to follow up on. If that is the case, there needs to be a decision between the District Attorney’s office, law enforcement, and the victim(s) about going forward with possible charges. If there is probable cause established to make an arrest, then an arrest should be made. The District Attorney’s office should never require a case to be wrapped up in a big, red bow in order to go forward with charges. Sometimes, the only justice that a victim gets is going to trial.

A District Attorney needs to be able and willing to do so. I’ve personally handled hundreds of jury trials; my opponent has not conducted even one. That speaks volumes.

Q&A with District Attorney candidates Linda Stanley, Kaitlin Turner – Canon City Daily Record
Sounds like just the kind of DA we need to obtain justice for Suzanne Renee Moorman Morphew!

This sounds more plausible. I'm sure code 33 has some personal meaning to Barry and Chris is needling him with it.

It could be related to firefighting or maybe even Suzanne. Whatever the case, I'm sure we should stay tuned for the answer.

1933 was the year the Prohibition was repealed.

Was BM “on the wagon”, then fell off?

jmo

I’m not sure? Grout may look a bit darker in one area than the rest as if it was stained. I do think it strange that one picture in front of the kitchen sink has a throw rug and one does not. As if the pictures were taken at 2 different times on different dates. https://www.movoto.com/salida-co/19057-puma-path-salida-co-81201/pid_396sqi4s9g/for-sale/

That is what I'm seeing. It looks like the grout doesn't match in a few spot almost like tile was replaced and the color wasn't matched correctly for the new grout. And, it looks crooked in spots. Maybe it's just the angle the pic was taken from.

I believe the kitchen sink is copper and it extends all the way to the front of the counter. Its color is oddly similar to the woodgrain of the cabinets. Could that be what you're seeing?

To me it looks like 1 of the tiles is newer than the other and the grout around it and in the same area isn't the same color as the grout in the rest of the floor. It also looks crooked in some areas but it might just be the angle the pic was taken from. Might just be me.

To me it looks like 1 of the tiles is newer than the other and the grout around it and in the same area isn't the same color as the grout in the rest of the floor. It also looks crooked in some areas but it might just be the angle the pic was taken from. Might just be me.

IDK if this is related to SM's disappearance or not, but that golden looking tile that sticks out would have driven me nuts to see as anything but a aesthetic flaw. Did someone try to replace that on the cheap? Or use bleach to try and clean it?

Attachments

• salidakit.jpeg
    salidakit.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 408
I’m not sure? Grout may look a bit darker in one area than the rest as if it was stained. I do think it strange that one picture in front of the kitchen sink has a throw rug and one does not. As if the pictures were taken at 2 different times on different dates. https://www.movoto.com/salida-co/19057-puma-path-salida-co-81201/pid_396sqi4s9g/for-sale/
Everything on the counters is identically the same though, in all the pics.
Napkin holder, condiment tray, serving tray, stack of hand towels, paper towel holder, coffee maker, coffee/tea basket.
Even the red hanging hand towel on what looks like the dishwasher, is the exact same.

They just added/removed the rug for one of them.

jmo

Everything on the counters is identically the same though, in all the pics.
Napkin holder, condiment tray, serving tray, stack of hand towels, paper towel holder, coffee maker, coffee/tea basket.
Even the red hanging hand towel on what looks like the dishwasher, is the exact same.

They just added/removed the rug for one of them.

jmo

There was a butcher block knife set on the counter in the older pre/staged photos. I remember trying to enlarge the photo to see if any knives were missing. :confused: I don’t remember noticing the copper sink before but I’m sure it must be the same sink. Some of the grout looks newer but it might just be more stained in some areas. Our kitchen grout has gone from new white color to a darker color even when I mop the floor and it’s clean. That grout is a pain to keep clean even when a murder has not occurred. :rolleyes:

IDK if this is related to SM's disappearance or not, but that golden looking tile that sticks out would have driven me nuts to see as anything but a aesthetic flaw. Did someone try to replace that on the cheap? Or use bleach to try and clean it?
It is slate...every tile has different tones/colors. I have slate floors in my house. And yes I think the sink is copper. Everything looks pretty much the same to me from the original sale images when Morphews bought the house.

There was a butcher block knife set on the counter in the older pre/staged photos. I remember trying to enlarge the photo to see if any knives were missing. :confused: I don’t remember noticing the copper sink before but I’m sure it must be the same sink. Some of the grout looks newer but it might just be more stained in some areas. Our kitchen grout has gone from new white color to a darker color even when I mop the floor and it’s clean. That grout is a pain to keep clean even when a murder has not occurred. :rolleyes:

I'm not even sure why the kitchen matters, to be honest.
I mean, if something did happen to SM in that house, sure it's entirely possible it happened in that kitchen.
It would have also had to have been cleaned thoroughly, and immediately since BM was not even allowed back in when he got back from Broomfield, from all MSM accounts.
So really no time at all to change anything.

Kitchen Sink. Rug there, rug gone?
... I do think it strange that one picture in front of the kitchen sink has a throw rug and one does not. As if the pictures were taken at 2 different times on different dates. https://www.movoto.com/salida-co/19057-puma-path-salida-co-81201/pid_396sqi4s9g/for-sale/
@Trocroc9 sbm bbm Yes, seems like it.
. 19057 Puma Path, Salida, CO 81242 | 45 Photos | MLS #4727659 - Movoto
But both pix seem to show the same beam of light (a parallelogram shape) to the right of refrigerator & under pronghorn head on wall. Imo, looks like they were taken maybe a few minutes apart.
jm2cts, no charge to you.:cool::rolleyes:

Edit ^, not a shadow, a beam of light from window behind upholstered chair & desk chair.

Last edited:
Kitchen Sink. Rug there, rug gone?
@Trocroc9 sbm bbm Yes, seems like it.
. 19057 Puma Path, Salida, CO 81242 | 45 Photos | MLS #4727659 - Movoto
But both pix seem to show the same beam of light (a parallelogram shape) to the right of refrigerator & under pronghorn head on wall. Imo, looks like they were taken maybe a few minutes apart.
jm2cts, no charge to you.:cool::rolleyes:

Edit ^, not a shadow, a beam of light from window behind upholstered chair & desk chair.
Yes, I see that and I believe you are correct. Maybe they just moved the rug to show off the different colors in the slate tiles. Or just to give me something to brood over while I’m waiting for something to happen in SM’s case:rolleyes:. I think I was just looking too hard for something in those pics. I know nothing will be there for all to see. Thanks for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam