Her residence located on Hanley Lane, Jericho VT
Age in 2004: 31

Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Race: White [/font]
noel_gracen.gif

Michael Eugene Reapp
reapp_m.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Investigation revealed that Michael Reapp had an extra-marital affair, at the time of Grace's disappearance. The extra-marital affair had been ongoing for almost a year prior to the disappearance. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]On November, 1994, Det. Sgt. Gerald H. Charboneau was assigned this case for follow up investigation. On 09-23-96 Michael Reapp was interviewed by Vermont State Police Detectives at his residence in Jupiter, Florida. At that time, Michael Reapp was advised that the disappearance of his wife and daughter (Grace and Gracie Reapp) was suspicious, and that the investigation was being treated as a homicide case.[/font]
more important info here

news link

"This investigation is unique, because as you know, we have not located the bodies of Grace and Gracie Reapp," says Vt. State Police Lt. Brian Miller.

No bodies, but police this week obtained arrest warrants charging Michael Reapp, 60, for the murders of his wife and daughter in 1978.

For now, the authorities do not know where Reapp is. But federal authorities are involved in the search -- and Reapp is reportedly a high priority item.

Another news article:
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060623/NEWS01/60623001

Police said they began to focus on Michael Reapp as a suspect and domestic issues as a motive in 1988.

State police traveled to Florida and questioned Reapp, who had married a third time, in the fall of

1996. That October, state and federal investigators, police dogs and others converged on Hanley Lane and

began digging under the house and elsewhere on the property. Again they found nothing.

State police say a local television reporter called Reapp in Florida and asked him about the search. He

said he was surprised. Four days later, he vanished.

Police found his car at the airport in New Orleans, and bank records showed he made a withdrawal at a

nearby ATM. He might have been spotted in 2000 in Cozumel, Mexico, police said.

Reapp, an avid sailor, could be in Mexico or the Caribbean and might be using an alias, police said

Thursday. U.S. marshals and the FBI will join in the hunt, and Woodworth said she hopes the case will

appear on the television show "America's Most Wanted."

tell them to check for him in Costa Rica. he looks like someone I saw while i was down there.

news link

Woodworth's sister, Grace Reapp, and her daughter, 5-year-old Gracie, disappeared June 7, 1978. Woodworth says she always suspected something sinister: that her brother-in-law, Michael Reapp, had killed his wife and daughter. Woodworth was not satisfied with the case's progress until Detective Gerald Charboneau became lead investigator in 1994.

Authorities can launch an all-out search now that Michael Reapp is an official suspect. The popular television show "America's Most Wanted" publicized the case, something the program wouldn't do before the Reapps' disappearance became classified as murder. The broadcast aired Saturday.

America's Most Wanted

Check this out...just found this unsolved mystery while researching another case (Peggy Wnell Byars-Baisden)...how weird is this??

Unsolved Homicide of Wanda Reapp
Wanda Reapp

On August 26, 1988, a 52-year-old Cocoa housewife, Wanda Reapp, was reported kidnapped from Mister Donut, Cocoa. She was sexually assaulted and murdered in a remote area of Canaveral Groves. Her husband reported the suspect to be an unknown black male.

Any persons providing information in reference to this case may be eligible for a reward up to $5,000.00.

I emailed Julianna to ask if this person could be related to Michael Reapp....are you sitting down???? It's his stepmother!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, is any one else's hinkey meter going berserk here? How could you mother, wife and child all be murdered, all this in one family....FISHY.

Sounds like Michael learned how to solve problems from his father...

jodierenee said:
Check this out...just found this unsolved mystery while researching another case (Peggy Wnell Byars-Baisden)...how weird is this??

Unsolved Homicide of Wanda Reapp
Wanda Reapp

On August 26, 1988, a 52-year-old Cocoa housewife, Wanda Reapp, was reported kidnapped from Mister Donut, Cocoa. She was sexually assaulted and murdered in a remote area of Canaveral Groves. Her husband reported the suspect to be an unknown black male.

Any persons providing information in reference to this case may be eligible for a reward up to $5,000.00.

I emailed Julianna to ask if this person could be related to Michael Reapp....are you sitting down???? It's his stepmother!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, is any one else's hinkey meter going berserk here? How could you mother, wife and child all be murdered, all this in one family....FISHY.

When I searched the case of Byars-Baisden, that case was believed to be similar in some way to Mary Margeret Cook. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cook_mary.html

Is it possible either Peggy or Mary have a connection to Michael? (If Peggy was his step mother- I see that connection to Michael, I just mean to wonder if he could have something to do with more than the family disappearences? Is Michael's DOB in 1945? Anyone know?)

It seems odd that Michael's wife, daughter and stepmother have all met with foul play? (And if he could be linked to Mary?) Sorry, the first time I posted this, I worded things all wrong- I hope this is easier to understand? Way too coincidental for me to grasp!

Boyz_Mum said:
When I searched the case of Byars-Baisden, that case was believed to be similar in some way to Mary Margeret Cook. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cook_mary.html

Is it possible either Peggy or Mary have a connection to Michael? (If Peggy was his step mother- I see that connection to Michael, I just mean to wonder if he could have something to do with more than the family disappearences? Is Michael's DOB in 1945? Anyone know?)

It seems odd that Michael's wife, daughter and stepmother have all met with foul play? (And if he could be linked to Mary?) Sorry, the first time I posted this, I worded things all wrong- I hope this is easier to understand? Way too coincidental for me to grasp!
I realized that I was reading wrong as per the connection of Byars-Baisden to Michael Reapp (I thought MR was stepson of Byars Baisden...) :doh: Sorry to have made a faulty connection!

I have been working with Julianna, Grace's sister, Gracie's Aunt for a couple of months coming up with a plan of attack to get Michael Reapp. A warrant was finally issued for his arrest for the murders of Grace and Gracie.

We have compiled this from various sources and I am in the process, with the help of another WSer, of getting this translated so that we can try and get TV News and Newpapers to run a story and help us catch this SOB!

Michael Reapp-Wanted for Murder-2 counts

Cops say that for decades, Michael Reapp has gotten away with the murder of his wife, Grace, and 5-year-old daughter, Gracie. But since no bodies had been found, it was hard for authorities to get a warrant for Reapp's arrest. But now, after years of investigating, they've got one and they're on the hunt for a man who's spent years avoiding the law.

On June 7, 1978, police in Jericho, Vt. received a call from Reapp, who claimed that his wife and daughter were missing from their home. He also told them that Grace left a note, saying that she was leaving him and that he shouldn't go after her.
But cops didn't buy it. Their investigations revealed that Reapp had been having an extramarital affair and wanted out of his marriage with Grace. Although they didn't find any bodies, police believed that Grace and Gracie are dead--and that Reapp murdered them himself.

Gracie was just 5-years-old when cops say she was murdered by her father.
With no warrant for his arrest, Reapp was able to move and start a new life. He remarried within two years of Grace and Gracie's disappearance. However, this marriage didn't last long. Cops say Reapp's new wife divorced him for beating her and for cruel abuse during their marriage.

By 1985, Reapp had married a third woman and the couple moved to Jupiter, FL Police believe that Reapp lived there until 1996, when the murder case was re-opened.
On 09-23-96 Michael Reapp was interviewed by Vermont State Police Detectives at his residence in Jupiter, Florida. At that time, Michael Reapp was advised that the disappearance of his wife and daughter (Grace and Gracie Reapp) was suspicious, and that the investigation was being treated as a homicide case.

At that time, Michael Reapp had admitted to Detectives that he and Grace Reapp were having marital problems for the two years prior to her disappearance, as well as to having sexual relations with several women, including the one whom he eventually married.

Michael Reapp admitted to detectives that his relationship with Grace was physical at times, but that he figured that she (Grace) just took her daughter (Gracie) and left him and the boys. Michael Reapp advised that he had always believed that Grace was living somewhere with her family members.

On Oct, 21st State Police cadaver dog units, the FBI Evidence Response Team, and a Ground Penetrating Radar Unit were searching the former Reapp residence in Vermont, from where Grace and "Gracie" were reported as missing. The next day a TV news reporter from Vermont called Michael Reapp in Florida and advised him of the current search process underway at his former Vermont residence. Four days later Michael Reapp fled from his Florida residence without telling his wife or other family members of his intentions.

On Nov 13, Brian Reapp had reported his father, Michael E. Reapp, as missing to the West Palm Beach Florida Sheriff's Department. Dec. 4th Michael Reapp's pick-up was found abandoned at the New Orleans (Louisiana) International Airport. This is the last confirmed location where Michael Reapp was identified as being.

Sex
Male
Race
White
Age Now
Height
5'10
Weight
165 lbs.
Hair (Color, Description, Facial Hair)
· Gray / White
· Had dark hair, but now he might have turned gray
· Had a large mustache
Eyes (Color and Correction)
· Unknown
· Glasses
Other Physical Characteristics
· Had a medium build at the time he disappeared
· sunken cheeks and leathery skin from sun exposure

· Is a skilled sailor and navigator
· Has been known to be a loner type and very anti-social
· He has worked as a dock master, air traffic controller and practical nurse and attended but did not graduate from the Coast Guard Academy
· He may have a beard.
· He also may have contact lenses or eye glasses.
· He has a full set of dentures.
· Only known scars, marks, or tattoos is vaccination scar on upper right arm.

Reapp will most likely be living near the ocean.
Last Seen
Jupiter, FL
He lived in Jupiter, FL, with his new wife.
A probably sight in Cozumel, Mexico in 2000
Other Possible Locations
Arizona
California
Florida
Mexico
Cozumel
Belize
Yucatan
Caribbean
Last Known Locations
FL
New Orleans
A probably sight in Cozumel, Mexico in 2000

Volunteers? To help get this guys pictures and Grace and Gracies story out there????

Juliana sent me this recently:

Look at this, you can zoom in on all the areas on the ocean or the gulf and get names of a lot of towns.

The message is ready to be sent with the following file or link attachments:
Shortcut to: http://www.maps-of-mexico.com/mexico_states.shtml

----- Original Message ----- From: Juliana Woodworth
To: Cold Case Investigations
Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2007 10:51 AM
Subject: Re: site

Yes I think he is in Mexico, Belize, Yucatan, etc. He was in Cozumel in 2000 but with Katrina he may have moved. I think he is either a deck hand on a boat that cruises the area or as a dock master. If he had tried to get into the US using his real name he would have been caught even before the murder warrants. They had a missing person out for him until then. Of course he could have got on a boat and just came in the US that way. They don't ask for proof. They just pull into a marina, but both Jerry and I doubt it. He is in warm country for sure doing what he likes best. He may have gotten to the Caribbean also, but Mexico is my bet or even Central America. He would want to be as far away from the US as possible. Anything that I can do let me know. I really want to find the SOB before my mom passes and she will be 96 this month. This whole thing has put years on my life and I have had a lot of sleepless nights. His son, Brian, lives next door and he has not tried to get in touch with him since he vanished. I wish he would come here and then I could take out his knee caps.
Juliana
http://www.julianawoodworth.com/
http://www.julianawoodworth.com/passages.html
juliana@julianawoodworth.com

----- Original Message ----- From: Juliana Woodworth
To: Cold Case Investigations
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 3:44 PM
Subject: Re: hi

One other thing that I thought of was that at the time of his disappearance he was a smoker and belong to AA. Who knows if that is true now. If he is still in AA they all know each other to give support. Thanks for everything that you are doing for us. I don't even have the right words to say thank you.
Juliana

i told you guys years ago to check Costa Rica since he looks like someone I saw when i was there!

Could this article have anything to do with these two missing women? I'm in a rush, so can't check out details but you probably know enough about the case to know right away!

http://www.courant.com/news/local/hc-ctnebbones0825.artaug25,0,545186.story

There's a thread here too about that news article.
To my dearest Taximom,:blowkiss:
Thank-you for the link.
It would not be a match for Grace and Gracie. Little Gracie was age 5 when she disappeared in 1978.

Your help is truly appreciated.

All of my Love and Respect to you,
dark_shadows

We have been working on Costa Rica. We have translated (even though I dont' have a clue what it says) a poster and summary and I have emailed it to a ton of reporters, stations, etc in Costa Rica in English and Spanish.

Sadly, I have let this case fall to the back burner since I have started concentrating on GA..would love to get someone to take over where I left off.

I was working with Grace's sister in sending out info to media all over Mexico and NO IRRC. THen things just faded off again :(

This was the case that made me realize I needed to work on things closer to home, I was trying to help too many and making too many promises I couldn't keep.

Julianna, Grace's Sister, is a wonderful and understanding woman. She has worked so hard for her sister and neice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back