Deceased/Not Found UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 Jul 2020 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's residential with lots of trees for the most part. But at the end there's Werrington centre, with Tesco, takeaways, dental practices etc.
Thank you, I wondered how easy it was to confirm if Bernadette did jump out of the car at Skaters Way or at least confirm the step fathers car drove along that route even if it didn't capture Bernadette leaving the car or on CCTV or private residential security cameras /ring door bells etc. If CCTV didn't pick up his car then they must know he's lying, depending on which route he told them he took?

Thank you, I wondered how easy it was to confirm if Bernadette did jump out of the car at Skaters Way or at least confirm the step fathers car drove along that route even if it didn't capture Bernadette leaving the car or on CCTV or private residential security cameras /ring door bells etc. If CCTV didn't pick up his car then they must know he's lying, depending on which route he told them he took?
No worries. There are no obvious CCTV hotspots apart from at the end where the shops are. I've also heard mention of Gunthorpe Road on the day she disappeard, although I can't remember its relevance, but that would definitely have CCTV towards the roundabout, and possibly at the end of the wreck where the church is.

I really feel for Bernadettes siblings after reading the “Missing” Facebook post. How devastating for them. I really hope that Bernadette is found safe, or if she has been killed that her body is found and she can be laid to rest by her family

No worries. There are no obvious CCTV hotspots apart from at the end where the shops are. I've also heard mention of Gunthorpe Road on the day she disappeard, although I can't remember its relevance, but that would definitely have CCTV towards the roundabout, and possibly at the end of the wreck where the church is.
Thank you I just wander if this is one of the flaws in the step dads story, which they can prove didn't happen?

I really feel for Bernadettes siblings after reading the “Missing” Facebook post. How devastating for them. I really hope that Bernadette is found safe, or if she has been killed that her body is found and she can be laid to rest by her family
I have offered support to the brother over there. Tough times ahead ofcourse with the trial on the horizon, i really do wish them all the best.

On the off chance that the mother is completely innocent (however unlikely) she'd be going through absolute hell right now. New baby, missing daughter - presumed dead, and separated from her other seven children. Kids are resilient though, and I'm sure they'll find some happiness amidst all the tragedy.

On the off chance that the mother is completely innocent (however unlikely) she'd be going through absolute hell right now. New baby, missing daughter - presumed dead, and separated from her other seven children. Kids are resilient though, and I'm sure they'll find some happiness amidst all the tragedy.
For most people those feelings of torment and worry would lead to being open and transparent with the police. We can only guess the basis for the police charging them, but I would imagine it’s along the lines of a false alibi that has been disproved. Maybe I’ve watched to many police dramas, but if she’s innocent and feels tortured by this- I would have thought she would have been able to convince the police of her innocence and this would have at least led to a lesser charge.

Welcome :) !

Anything is possible but I think it's quite interesting that in most of the cases I've followed people with a body to hide tend to stay within a radius of about 20 miles of where they live. I can't back that up with any literature but it's just an observation I have stored in the back of my brain over the years and miriad of cases I've followed. Perhaps it's to do with comfort, intimate knowledge of places where it would be possible, and also cutting the time one is actually travelling around with a body that could be discovered at any moment by something unexpected happening. Those are my thoughts on the matter, not to be taken as fact.

I also remember stuff like this from research I did during the Knox trial - the locations are frequently close by, even for serial killers.

The chosen site may be part of the killers control over the victim, where they can visit in the future.

Given that hiding (i.e. staging) the body is often done to obscure the relationship between the killer and victim (and thus often unintentionally revealing it) - this is part of the power dynamic. Chris Watts is macabre example of this kind of concealment. Further away - but at a work site so easy access for him.

I think McStay is also a fascinating example of the 'control' aspect?

Jo Yates is a good example of the more disorganised offender who simply dumps the body but again - its local.

The more professional killer often won't bother to stage the body at all - simply dumping it - but like you say - the locations are frequently close by.

Finally - it is often the case that a body is actually just dumped but then not found due to chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member