Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
That said, I’m not thinking carjacking with such a well- hidden body.
What other alternative are you thinking?

From the beginning this has seemed to me like a purposeful disappearance on Alan’s part, mainly because the facts don’t support other possibilities. Carjackers just push you out of the car, robbers take you right to an ATM, street gangs leave your body wherever they killed/maimed you, hitmen (usually) are required to produce a body.

My opinion could change based on what we find out about the car, but unless there’s evidence of blood or a body having been inside, I see a very low chance of other possibilities. Just for the record, I suppose those possibilities could include targeting by someone close to home. But if that’s the case, where’s the body?

That said, I’m not thinking carjacking with such a well- hidden body.
What other alternative are you thinking?

From the beginning this has seemed to me like a purposeful disappearance on Alan’s part, mainly because the facts don’t support other possibilities. Carjackers just push you out of the car, robbers take you right to an ATM, street gangs leave your body wherever they killed/maimed you, hitmen (usually) are required to produce a body.

My opinion could change based on what we find out about the car, but unless there’s evidence of blood or a body having been inside, I see a very low chance of other possibilities. Just for the record, I suppose those possibilities could include targeting by someone close to home. But if that’s the case, where’s the body?
My first guess would be, the Trinity River bottoms.

my friend has a new porsche macan and you have to still put the key into the ignition. Porsche does not have the key fobs that you can have in your pocket.
That may be possible, but it really is an option on all Macan's. A description about it is found here. Porsche Entry & Drive - Porsche USA
the pics above do not appear to be someones homes, look like the back of business
Follow the google earth link i included and you will see it is indeed behind the houses.
The first one is the back of their house (actually garage) from the alley. You can see it on Google street view. It was being renovated at the time. I think the second one is just showing a neighbor with a possible camera.
Correct, the house is now complete. And yes, a neighbor that he likely would have passed en route to his garage, IF he made it that far and drove through the alley. I would hope and pray someone has effectively scoured all available cctv / home video before it is too late.

Thought just occurred to me about these possibly 6 houses renovated? In a 4 block radius? Wonder if that has sat well with neighbors, realtors, sellers?
Someone upthread also mentioned the idea that AW was going to pick up an item ( for one of the properties?).. Craigslist, etc. and was waylaid. Sounds like a theory to me.
All MOO

Hi all, I've only just caught up on this thread. My thoughts are ~ something just doesn't sit right about this case...

1. If you were going to disappear or end your life why would you bother going to the gym first? You might tell your spouse you were going to the gym and then go somewhere else instead. Also, he clearly took his sweaty t-shirt off because at the gas station he is wearing the red vest, I think if you were in the frame of mind to end your life I don't think you would care if you were wearing a sweaty t-shirt and I also don't think you would care to put gas in the car if you knew afterwards you were not going to be around.

2. If it was a car jacking that went wrong I think he would've been found injured either where they took the car from him or near where it was parked (if they abandoned it) and if you're a car thief why would you leave it locked and unscathed a week later? I also do not believe the car was parked there that whole time, someone would've noticed, There's always at least one nosey neighbour on every street!

3. He clearly has a good job, good money and lives a fairly comfortable lifestyle so unless he had some upsetting or bad news such as losing his job maybe and that triggering a mental breakdown he doesn't come across as the type to do away with himself.

4. My theory is he made it home and something happened there. Maybe he disturbed a break in? But then I think if that happened he would've been found in the vicinity of the house. So that leaves it being someone he knew. He wasn't at the gym long so perhaps he walked in on the spouse? Or visa versa?

The video footage at the gas station where he just literally vanishes is very spooky! Because that is exactly what's happened, he has seemingly vanished into thin air! I do hope for the family's sake he is found soon.

Agree!!!! I keep coming back here.
I was under the impression he had some remodeling house job on the side ( flipping houses kind of thing) ( in the beginning of this thread it was discussed). So, I'm now thinking he just redid his home? Any thoughts?

Agree!!!! I keep coming back here.
I was under the impression he had some remodeling house job on the side ( flipping houses kind of thing) ( in the beginning of this thread it was discussed). So, I'm now thinking he just redid his home? Any thoughts?
I’ve looked up property listed on appraiser site in Dallas. He appears to have remodeled many different ones over the years. Always purchased in his name and his husbands name, so doesn’t appear to be a business, but definitely appears to be an income generator. And as someone who has built a few homes, it is very time consuming imho. You can search here. DCAD: Find Property By Street Address

Just MOO, the Dallas area with its many car thefts, 11,000 last year, has a large problem on its hands. I could see if a car was ditched because it would be a high profile vehicle theft if other crimes were involved besides theft.

Perhaps not likely because a body has not been found, but what if AW experienced a medical event of some kind, like a heart attack?

Considering that AW is 55, just finished a early morning workout, had an early morning zoom meeting, had travel plans and an upcoming wedding to attend, ect, ect. not to mention we are in the middle of a very stressful pandemic ..
It could cause someone to become confused/disoriented, maybe AW felt the sudden need to use the rest facilities, or stop the car in an inappropriate place, ect.
Just a possibility, imo, speculation.
If it was a medical/heart attack, he would have been found, IMO
Even if he wandered off or ended up in a hospital, I believe the family said they checked all hospitals, medical facilities.
But, yes, that is a good thought....
my friend's husband died at the gym while working out so a medical condition could have caused abandonment of the car but I think, IMO he would have been found right away.

Just MOO, the Dallas area with its many car thefts, 11,000 last year, has a large problem on its hands. I could see if a car was ditched because it would be a high profile vehicle theft if other crimes were involved besides theft.
This is a problem for me. If you steal that kind of car, you would think you're going to profit from it, even with other possible crimes occurring during that time. Why steal something to make a profit and not actually make a profit? IMO

I'm going to pretend I know what I'm doing here: missing 10/22 (Thurs)
Alan leaves his home at 4.45 am
Gym at 5 am
He leaves the gym at 5:38 am
Gas at 5:47 am
Work call at 7-7:30 am ( reported differently)
Car found 10/29 (Thurs)
This all comes from MSM in the first few pages.

Last edited:
I'm going to pretend I know what I'm doing here: missing 10/22 (Thurs)
Alan leaves his home at 4.45 am
Gym at 5 am
He leaves the gym at 5:38 am
Gas at 6 am
Work call at 7-7:30 am ( reported differently)
Car found 10/29 (Thurs)
This all comes from MSM in the first few pages.

So, it takes him 15 minutes to get to the gym, 22 minutes to get to the gas station?
The gas station was before 6... the video is time stamped. The time I see is 5:47 am.

This link is from 10/28 - not new but a different version than several others I have seen and will help explain a couple of comments/thoughts I make below:
Surveillance Video Shows KPMG Executive Moments Before He Vanished

#1 Timeline note - AW went missing on 10/22 but the first media reports were not made until 10/26.
#2 Timeline note - Car was found in South Dallas on 10/28 (2 days later) Previous reports led us to believe it was not until 10/29 Thursday that the car was found.

MOO Let's say the intention was orginally to just steal the car and things didn't go as planned. AW wouldn't get out of the car or maybe couldn't because it all happened so fast. Things got out of hand and the perp panicked. Murder wasn't the original plan - but now what? Hide the body somewhere not too far but where it would be difficult to find - like a swampy, heavily treed area, or a junk yard, or maybe inside something that you can take to the landfill (all of which are near where the car was found). Then, assuming the carjacking was a crime of opportunity, hide the car maybe not so far from there and arrange for a buyer? But 4 days later, before you can offload it, the story comes out in the news. So maybe you dump it - better just to let it go then chance getting caught with it and charged with murder, or maybe you left it at a designated spot for the pick up guy and he decided it was too risky.

#3 I don't recall seeing Alan take off a shirt or sweatshirt in the previous version of the gym's surveillance video but he clearly does in this one and is wearing a tank top underneath. Gym video was black and white so the color could have been mistaken for gray or he may have had a 2nd clean one in the car or his bag. At the gas station he is wearing a red tank top. (Not vest)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard