Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s my added thoughts as someone who lives relatively close to his home.
  • Many of the homes in the area are being renovated or demolished for new builds. There are many construction related cars and non residents in the neighborhoods.
  • Many homes have automatic fence gates that roll back for your driveway with a gate remote if you have an alley entrance.
  • Many homes have Ring and other cameras because it’s Central Dallas and there is always crime in a city.
  • The area where he lived is very borderline; one intersection over you’ll have crime more regularly. It’s a just a given living in the city. That said, many neighborhoods have their own crime watch and pay off duty police officers for neighborhood patrol.
  • I mentioned previously, there was another carjacking in an even more insulated neighborhood this year in the woman’s driveway and she was shot dead. She had been followed home while sitting in her driveway on her phone.

I’ve looked up property listed on appraiser site in Dallas. He appears to have remodeled many different ones over the years. Always purchased in his name and his husbands name, so doesn’t appear to be a business, but definitely appears to be an income generator. And as someone who has built a few homes, it is very time consuming imho. You can search here. DCAD: Find Property By Street Address

Do we know whether he (or they) resell the homes or use them as rental properties?

Here’s my added thoughts as someone who lives relatively close to his home.
  • Many of the homes in the area are being renovated or demolished for new builds. There are many construction related cars and non residents in the neighborhoods.
  • Many homes have automatic fence gates that roll back for your driveway with a gate remote if you have an alley entrance.
  • Many homes have Ring and other cameras because it’s Central Dallas and there is always crime in a city.
  • The area where he lived is very borderline; one intersection over you’ll have crime more regularly. It’s a just a given living in the city. That said, many neighborhoods have their own crime watch and pay off duty police officers for neighborhood patrol.
  • I mentioned previously, there was another carjacking in an even more insulated neighborhood this year in the woman’s driveway and she was shot dead. She had been followed home while sitting in her driveway on her phone.
I think that is what is odd here....how many carjackers actually take the car owner? Was this woman you refer to shot where her home was? The actor was shot where his car was. The ONLY way I can see carjacking and no body is "if" the carjacker planned to take Alan to an atm to withdraw money. But, that didn't happen from what we've been told, no charges or bank activity was reported. And as others have suggested, why would he fight for a loaner car?

As per the ring and neighborhood watch. I did see a neighborhood watch sign as i "google earth drove" the alley.

Since you live sort of close, is there anywhere that might have delicious pastries (other than just donuts) or quiche or something near the racetrack? I can't find anything on google maps. That is my only other thought was that he was en route to grab something yummy for breakfast. But, that is complicated by the early time so I don't see it as a big possibility.

This link is from 10/28 - not new but a different version than several others I have seen and will help explain a couple of comments/thoughts I make below:
Surveillance Video Shows KPMG Executive Moments Before He Vanished

#1 Timeline note - AW went missing on 10/22 but the first media reports were not made until 10/26.
#2 Timeline note - Car was found in South Dallas on 10/28 (2 days later) Previous reports led us to believe it was not until 10/29 Thursday that the car was found.

MOO Let's say the intention was orginally to just steal the car and things didn't go as planned. AW wouldn't get out of the car or maybe couldn't because it all happened so fast. Things got out of hand and the perp panicked. Murder wasn't the original plan - but now what? Hide the body somewhere not too far but where it would be difficult to find - like a swampy, heavily treed area, or a junk yard, or maybe inside something that you can take to the landfill (all of which are near where the car was found). Then, assuming the carjacking was a crime of opportunity, hide the car maybe not so far from there and arrange for a buyer? But 4 days later, before you can offload it, the story comes out in the news. So maybe you dump it - better just to let it go then chance getting caught with it and charged with murder, or maybe you left it at a designated spot for the pick up guy and he decided it was too risky.

#3 I don't recall seeing Alan take off a shirt or sweatshirt in the previous version of the gym's surveillance video but he clearly does in this one and is wearing a tank top underneath. Gym video was black and white so the color could have been mistaken for gray or he may have had a 2nd clean one in the car or his bag. At the gas station he is wearing a red tank top. (Not vest)

In this scenario, how likely would it be that there was no blood in the car? I realize that we don’t know there wasn’t. LE can be tight-lipped.

I think that is what is odd here....how many carjackers actually take the car owner? Was this woman you refer to shot where her home was? The actor was shot where his car was. The ONLY way I can see carjacking and no body is "if" the carjacker planned to take Alan to an atm to withdraw money. But, that didn't happen from what we've been told, no charges or bank activity was reported. And as others have suggested, why would he fight for a loaner car?

As per the ring and neighborhood watch. I did see a neighborhood watch sign as i "google earth drove" the alley.

Since you live sort of close, is there anywhere that might have delicious pastries (other than just donuts) or quiche or something near the racetrack? I can't find anything on google maps. That is my only other thought was that he was en route to grab something yummy for breakfast. But, that is complicated by the early time so I don't see it as a big possibility.

YES, Leslie Squire Baker, the woman who was murdered in an attempted carjacking in May this year in a very upscale part of Dallas, was shot in her own driveway after returning home on Memorial Day afternoon. She was talking on the phone like we all sometimes do, finishing a conversation before heading into our home. The perp was a juvenile, and shot her many times. It was shocking, and random. 2 other arrests were also made of adults, and they were also charged with capital murder.
TX - Leslie Squair Baker, 59, murdered in driveway in broad daylight, Dallas, 25 May 2020 *ARRESTS*

Last edited:
Thought just occurred to me about these possibly 6 houses renovated? In a 4 block radius? Wonder if that has sat well with neighbors, realtors, sellers?

Like many parts of DFW, the residential areas in that quadrant of Love Field have seen degrees of gentrification. In that area, the gentrification usually consists of total teardowns followed by the construction of new, larger homes on the lot.

Though I imagine not all long term residents are thrilled with gentrification, political or social opposition is rare. Property rights friendly attitudes tend to be held by individual Texans. Then factor that transitory residence is common in DFW. Thus, proportionally fewer long term residents with views that the olde neighborhood is special.

If the potential victim was involved in development, I would examine possible disputes with contractors and sub contractors over pay, work quality, completion of work, "shrinkage" of material etc.

Likewise, a developer once told me that thefts via cutting out of fixtures from building sites by organized groups are fairly common. Was such a theft interrupted? Was the missing man known to carry large amounts of cash for wages or materials purchases?

Though I imagine not all long term residents are thrilled with gentrification, political or social opposition is rare. Property rights friendly attitudes tend to be held by individual Texans. Then factor that transitory residence is common in DFW. Thus, proportionally fewer long term residents with views that the olde neighborhood is special.

I live in one of those neighborhoods in another part of town and agree for the most part. The biggest issue we have with these flips is encroachment. We have to report these issues and stay on top of the city to force oversight. My neighbor did a flip and encroached. I reported to the city who gave him a code violation but later passed inspection on the house with the violation not resolved. The city told me later I would have to sue the owner. The flippers seem to know how the city works cos they consistently encroach and get away with it in many cases.

Most flips add security systems at the point of adding fixtures due to the thefts you mention. There is one flipper a while back who got to the point of finishing the build and staging the house without a security system. He showed up one day and the house was almost completely cleaned out.

The biggest issue we have with these flips is encroachment. We have to report these issues and stay on top of the city to force oversight. My neighbor did a flip and encroached.

The flippers seem to know how the city works cos they consistently encroach and get away with it in many cases.
Good point regarding the possibility of a property line dispute. I had not thought about that.

Now that you mention it, I have seen teardown lots that clearly had the potential for encroachments: No existing fences, total teardown and construction of a significantly larger home on the lot and the desire to include at least some landscaping

Heck, I had to actively "remind" a flipper (actually he was attempting to flip a flip) several times that a certain desirable feature was entirely on my lot and not the one he was working with.

Though he did acknowledged where the line was, I got the impression that his acknowledgment was uhmm...."reluctant". I put up signs as soon as he left.

The only place I would stop for breakfast is the Starbucks directly on his way home. There is a Whataburger too, but seems unlikely after the gym. Whole Foods would be a good option but they wouldn’t be open that early. I’d vote Starbucks.

I think there is a possibility of a hook-up with someone, and it went bad. Hence red t shirt and red shoes, red coach bag. I believe he drove the car to South Dallas and parked and locked it, perhaps under duress and at the direction of someone in the car with him. Maybe he is being held at someone's home or apt nearby where the car was found. I know this is creepy but I think it is a possibility. May be a sexual predator.

I think there is a possibility of a hook-up with someone, and it went bad. Hence red t shirt and red shoes, red coach bag. I believe he drove the car to South Dallas and parked and locked it, perhaps under duress and at the direction of someone in the car with him. Maybe he is being held at someone's home or apt nearby where the car was found. I know this is creepy but I think it is a possibility. May be a sexual predator.

This is where my brain went. A meet-up that went bad.

I was also thinking about Aniah Blanchard’s case here. I know it’s different, she was a random target and last seen at gas station at same time as her perp. But I also remember when her car was found....dumped, but possibly a place known to perp. Police did not release what was found in the car for awhile. Then they released she had likely received a life ending injury in the car. Then if I remember correctly a bullet hole was released as being found in car. They released info in stages.

I wonder if DPD have more information?

I’m also thinking about the reward here.I stated earlier in the thread that family should consider crime stoppers... well, I decided to research that and it’s not possible. Crime stoppers doesn’t pay rewards unless a crime has been committed. I think it really sucks to be blunt the lack of resources available to families when their loved one is missing without evidence of crime. How do you show a crime existed without evidence. I’m honestly super interested in understanding the boundaries and legalities surrounding these type cases for LE, specifically because of cases like this and Jake Cefolia. They just vanish... and that’s it!

So if anyone has articles or research on exactly what LE can legally do without knowledge of a crime, please share.

Linking crime stoppers/missing persons https://www.639tips.com/missing-persons

I was also thinking about Aniah Blanchard’s case here. I know it’s different, she was a random target and last seen at gas station at same time as her perp. But I also remember when her car was found....dumped, but possibly a place known to perp. Police did not release what was found in the car for awhile. Then they released she had likely received a life ending injury in the car. Then if I remember correctly a bullet hole was released as being found in car. They released info in stages.

I wonder if DPD have more information?

I’m also thinking about the reward here.I stated earlier in the thread that family should consider crime stoppers... well, I decided to research that and it’s not possible. Crime stoppers doesn’t pay rewards unless a crime has been committed. I think it really sucks to be blunt the lack of resources available to families when their loved one is missing without evidence of crime. How do you show a crime existed without evidence. I’m honestly super interested in understanding the boundaries and legalities surrounding these type cases for LE, specifically because of cases like this and Jake Cefolia. They just vanish... and that’s it!

So if anyone has articles or research on exactly what LE can legally do without knowledge of a crime, please share.

Linking crime stoppers/missing persons Missing Persons — Crime Stoppers
https://www.639tips.com/missing-persons
I wonder if they tried to get fingerprints from the car? or not since a "crime" has not been committed?
JMO

Likewise, a developer once told me that thefts via cutting out of fixtures from building sites by organized groups are fairly common. Was such a theft interrupted? Was the missing man known to carry large amounts of cash for wages or materials purchases?

Wow! An interrupted burglary at one of the houses being renovated?! Where would AW have possibly stopped between gym, gas and home in the hi-end loaner? Checking on a possibly 7th property and caught someone in the act of cannibalizing copper pipes, etc. and killed as a result?? This makes alot of sense to me.

Wow! An interrupted burglary at one of the houses being renovated?! Where would AW have possibly stopped between gym, gas and home in the hi-end loaner? Checking on a possibly 7th property and caught someone in the act of cannibalizing copper pipes, etc. and killed as a result?? This makes alot of sense to me.
Guys, look at the property records to check this out. They don’t have another property they were remodeling. This one was finished and they had moved in. Nothing to steal, nobody working on it as far as I can see.

I wonder if they tried to get fingerprints from the car? or not since a "crime" has not been committed?
JMO
I hope so. I hope there was evidence left in car and on video of someone parking it wherever it was found. But can you imagine the fingerprints on a loaner? Can they actually run those prints legally without crime evidence? I wouldn’t think so personally.

I hope so. I hope there was evidence left in car and on video of someone parking it wherever it was found. But can you imagine the fingerprints on a loaner? Can they actually run those prints legally without crime evidence? I wouldn’t think so personally.
my dealer washes the loaner cars when we return them - I would think Porsche has something similar set up? I don't know if they would need a warrant but if they don't think it's a crime to leave a locked loaner vehicle then I'm not sure they would ? someone locked the car. who?
JMO

Here it is-

The car in the picture - was it the loaner he had or just a similar car? We did hear from a reporter that LE was getting a warrant for the car (I assume it was the loaner and not his actual car). If they were getting a warrant, it seems unlikely the dealer would park it on the lot. However, if it is the loaner, then it seems like there was no apparent violence that happened in the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998