Kyron Horman Discussion Thread 2020 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The infamous 2010 case that has become one of Portland's most well-known will be featured in the HLN original series "Real Life Nightmare" on Sunday, Nov. 15.

The episode is called "Vanished from School" and includes interviews with Kyron's father Kaine, his mother Desiree, law enforcement and other family members KGW's senior investigative reporter Kyle Iboshi is also featured.

Kyron Horman case airing on network series on Nov. 15 | kgw.com

The infamous 2010 case that has become one of Portland's most well-known will be featured in the HLN original series "Real Life Nightmare" on Sunday, Nov. 15.

The episode is called "Vanished from School" and includes interviews with Kyron's father Kaine, his mother Desiree, law enforcement and other family members KGW's senior investigative reporter Kyle Iboshi is also featured.

Embedded video from below link:
https://kgw.com/embeds/video/283-87bb1197-c2c5-45af-b307-fae087bc9e15/iframe?jwsource=cl

There wasn't really anything new to those who have followed the case closely.
It was a good overview for those who aren't familar with the case.
It was made clear that Terri was the last person to see Kyron.

Watching the
For those who were able to watch Sunday night - anything new covered? Or interesting observations from the interviews? Thanks

There needs to be a break in the case before there will be justice. I feel it's unlikely but not impossible, and I maintain hope he'll be found.
(Thinking of Jonelle Matthews, who was found decades after she disappeared even though the murderer buried her in a random location.)

Will Terri ever be arrested- Y / N - When?
Such a great question! I don't know the answer to that. I feel LE knows she did something, most likely murder, but they're missing a piece of the puzzle to press charges and take it to trial before a jury. They only get one crack at a conviction. Meanwhile, she's moved and remarried, living a normal life.

This case need more attention with modern redo of the available evidence.
Somebody above said there are timeline discrepancies emerging.
One is if IIRC, the class bell was at 8:45am and the step mom got to the store at 9:12 and the trip was 9-10 minutes what happened during the 15 minutes?
I wanted to add, even if an adult did not stop or call 911 seeing a small boy out of place and out of school, they would remember seeing him, say walking on a fairly safe section of the highway.
Someone spirited him away from the school.
MOO to me like the Abby and Libby case, there is an element of sudden bold action upon the presentation an opportunity, read by tbe perpetrator like a shoplifter, upon seeing no one watching taking immediate and unnoticed action.
I have thought what if KH ran back to the car for an item, and the perpetrator seeing he had slipped out of school took a chance and left with him.

Last edited:
I wanted to add, even if an adult did not stop or call 911 seeimg a small boy out of place and out of scool. They would remember seeing him, say walking on a fairly safe section of the highway.
Someone spirited him away from the school.
MOO to me like the Abby and Libby case, there is an element of sudden bold action upon the presentation an opportunity, read by tbe perpetrator like a shoplifter, upon seeing no one watching taking immediate and unnoticed action.
I have thought what if KH ran back to the car for an item, and the perpetrator seeing he had slipped out of school took a chance and left with him.

BBM
You mean, like an intentional planned event, say by TH and a friend or paid accomplice?

imho, I don't think they've focused enough on her. The fact that she's not a POI proves they need to do better at looking into her.
I disagree with this. I've followed this case closely from the beginning and the MCSO has shown over and over that they have been laser focused on Terri.

It's just important to realize that it's a lot harder to prove an immediate family member's guilt, especially without a body (and I don't think Kyron is still living), because if he had been abducted by a stranger and they found Kyron's DNA, or other evidence that he had been in that person's truck, it would be very incriminating. Finding his DNA or even a small amount of blood in Terri's truck obviously doesn't prove a thing because you expect traces of him there. That's why it's always harder to prove guilt with someone the missing person sees everyday.

One thing I still think about, and I haven't heard it mentioned anywhere for a very long time, is that at one point law enforcement released photos of where Terri parked in the parking lots of the two Fred Meyers she visited that morning (I can't find the photos anymore). What was unusual was that in both she parked far from the entrance to the store and it was a Friday morning so the parking lot wasn't full. Always made me wonder if she did so to evade security cameras or anyone walking by who might have looked in the truck.

upload_2020-11-19_7-48-54.jpeg
One of the saddest cases in recent Oregon history is explored once more in “Real Life Nightmare,” a true crime series on HLN that on Sunday will feature a look at the disappearance of Kyron Horman.

The episode, called “Vanished From School,” again tells the disturbing story of the June 4, 2010 disappearance of Kyron, who was 7 years old at the time. The news that Kyron never made it home from Northwest Portland’s Skyline School prompted a widespread outcry, and one of the largest search-and-rescue operations in state history.
The case of Kyron Horman, Portland boy who disappeared in 2010, explored in ‘Real Life Nightmare’ TV series

BBM
You mean, like an intentional planned event, say by TH and a friend or paid accomplice?
Yes, I dont think a stranger/other child family would be aware enough of whether a boy running out of the school was with someone, it is just too likely an adult would be a few steps behind to be an "opportunity."

MOO also as soon as Kyon saw that the vehicle he came in was already gone, he would turn around, because calling from inside the school for a missing item would be next step.

Last edited:
To follow up my post from above. I actually found a post of mine from 10 years ago with the pictures of where she parked at those two Fred Meyers stores she visited the morning Kyron went missing.

This is where they think she parked at the first store. The view is from her parking spot so you see it is a long way from the entrance. Even if she were uncomfortable parking the truck as opposed to her car, it's still a long way to walk on a Friday morning carrying a sick baby in parking lot that was surely not very crowded:

4883524266_d6848b3dd9.jpg

This picture below is taken from the entrance to the second Fred Meyer store. She parked all the way on the far end of this parking lot, as far from where the picture taken as you can see, up against that far wall with vegetation on it. So once again, what's the logic behind parking that far away from the entrance carrying a sick baby?

4882919587_92122cb75e.jpg

Here is the original thread:
Fred Meyers Store - June 4, 2010

So it is very possible that she parked in those spots because she wanted to minimize the chances of someone seeing Kyron or perhaps an accomplice in the truck while she went into the stores to create an alibi.

A woman that knew Terri casually from the gym actually saw her at the first Fred Meyer and they had a conversation that she found a little odd.

To follow up my post from above. I actually found a post of mine from 10 years ago with the pictures of where she parked at those two Fred Meyers stores she visited the morning Kyron went missing.

This is where they think she parked at the first store. The view is from her parking spot so you see it is a long way from the entrance. Even if she were uncomfortable parking the truck as opposed to her car, it's still a long way to walk on a Friday morning carrying a sick baby in parking lot that was surely not very crowded:

4883524266_d6848b3dd9.jpg

This picture below is taken from the entrance to the second Fred Meyer store. She parked all the way on the far end of this parking lot, as far from where the picture taken as you can see, up against that far wall with vegetation on it. So once again, what's the logic behind parking that far away from the entrance carrying a sick baby?

4882919587_92122cb75e.jpg

Here is the original thread:
Fred Meyers Store - June 4, 2010

So it is very possible that she parked in those spots because she wanted to minimize the chances of someone seeing Kyron or perhaps an accomplice in the truck while she went into the stores to create an alibi.

A woman that knew Terri casually from the gym actually saw her at the first Fred Meyer and they had a conversation that she found a little odd.
When a few things don't make sense, I can accept that. But when a preponderance of circumstances and events don't pass the common sense test, it just is what it is.
I do believe Terri disappeared him. It was premeditated, and she never imagined people would point the finger at her.

I think she's beautiful!
I think Desiree is beautiful, too; and brave and smart and determined.

If it wasn't for Desiree, I would say the answer to the question posed by Knox is no, she has gotten away with it. Law enforcement will never touch her.

But Desiree has promised Kyron that she will never give up and I believe her; so I'm not giving up either.

With many miles of separation, I stand beside her.

article-0-0C4DE2A700000578-235_634x457.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members