Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue
by me for emphasis.

I feel the same way about Rusty being on top of his schedule. Although there's been a lull in the violent crime specifically targeting LGBQT folks/neighborhood clusters - Not too long ago it was happening frequently. There was a stretch a couple 3 years ago where there were violent assaults happening A LOT. Many of my gay friends started sharing their late night/pre-dawn itineraries in case something should happen to one of them (FWIW - That was a pretty major shift of mindset IMO).

BUT.... MOO.... I also think Rusty may have had a gut feeling that some specific part of Alan's early morning flight plan was potentially problematic. Not saying he was involved in whatever... just that his Spidey Sense kicked in for a reason (and he hasn't spoken of it yet).

I agree with the spidey sense... if my husband isn't home when he's supposed to be, I know I start iphone tracking to find out where he is. It's. possible Rusty tried tracking him, couldn't, and panicked. Or tracked him somewhere completely out of character. MOO

I’m just a little bit surprised that Rusty didn’t have location services enabled for Alan. They have been together a long time, might share a phone plan too. Probably tech savvy, maybe an iPad or something with a “find my iPhone” enabled.
The gas station video does raise a few questions-was Alan putting in just enough gas to bring it to the level it was when he got the loaner? That’s what I do as my last stop before returning. If I do an early morning return (I believe Park Place opens at 8), I bring my spare key, and they lock my key in my car. I drop the loaner key in the key slot, and all paperwork is inside my car along with the key, which is usually tucked in the visor or under the seat.

I’m just a little bit surprised that Rusty didn’t have location services enabled for Alan. They have been together a long time, might share a phone plan too. Probably tech savvy, maybe an iPad or something with a “find my iPhone” enabled.
The gas station video does raise a few questions-was Alan putting in just enough gas to bring it to the level it was when he got the loaner? That’s what I do as my last stop before returning. If I do an early morning return (I believe Park Place opens at 8), I bring my spare key, and they lock my key in my car. I drop the loaner key in the key slot, and all paperwork is inside my car along with the key, which is usually tucked in the visor or under the seat.
This is my thought - but there would be a record of notification that his car was serviced and ready for pick up IMO. So gym, fill it up - drive to return it? something happened on the way (wonder if the dealer has cameras?)

JMO

I find the location of the gas station weird, like everyone else. I'm a little navigationally challenged and if people had to retrace my steps to try to find me, my routes would seem downright insane. But there are many gas stations in that area (from what I can see on google maps), so it would be easy to stop someplace else if you got turned around. It's also not rare for me to take little side roads and detours just to listen to music or get a few more minutes alone before the day starts. I don't think he would do this if he was expected home and had an early meeting.

<modsnip> since he seems to be an incredibly kind and thoughtful person, it seemed totally possible he stopped for treats to take home to his house guests. A lot of other people have mentioned this, as well. I see a donut shop that is very close to the area where others on this forum have said that he lives, and he could actually get to his house using only residential roads if he stopped there on his way home. I don't see anything better than that donut shop near the gas station.

Another thought ... In the gym video, he puts his bag behind the driver's seat. I assume his money was possibly in there, along with his ID and whatever else he'd take to the gym. In the gas station video, he doesn't carry his bag with him so it is probably still stashed behind the seat. If he did stop somewhere else and it was still dark, it would be easy to see him reach back, grab some cash, and put the bag back behind the seat. Eyes off of his surroundings for a minute, not to mention if someone saw him they would know his stuff was in the car if he left.

A final thought on the location of the gas station. An obvious (to me) thing you would be able to quickly do that early is pick up an rx. The gas station is close to medical centers, and even though most of us probably have our pharmacy closer to our house than our doctor's office, he doesn't live that far from the university hospitals and he may have his pharmacy over there. It would be cheap enough to pay with cash (maybe), so the only way to find out if he did pick up some meds is if he used a rewards card or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the spidey sense... if my husband isn't home when he's supposed to be, I know I start iphone tracking to find out where he is. It's. possible Rusty tried tracking him, couldn't, and panicked. Or tracked him somewhere completely out of character. MOO
I agree with the spidey sense also.
However, in my house, we never know what time for sure we will be home.
We have an idea "around" what time but don't think twice if it is later or earlier than that time.
I guess I need to start being more alert to saying a certain time and then coming home at that time.
Plans often change around here and also, plans change once we get to wherever we are going--we kind of go where the wind blows LOL
JMO

Although we don't know anything about forensics from the rental, I'm thinking Alan MUST have gotten out of the vehicle willingly, as in without a struggle, or surely some evidence of that would be found.
In the 15 seconds he was inside the gas station, could someone have slipped into the backseat or floor of the car, then pulled a weapon as he attempted to drive off??
MOO

I find the location of the gas station weird, like everyone else. I'm a little navigationally challenged and if people had to retrace my steps to try to find me, my routes would seem downright insane. But there are many gas stations in that area (from what I can see on google maps), so it would be easy to stop someplace else if you got turned around. It's also not rare for me to take little side roads and detours just to listen to music or get a few more minutes alone before the day starts. I don't think he would do this if he was expected home and had an early meeting.

<modsnip> since he seems to be an incredibly kind and thoughtful person, it seemed totally possible he stopped for treats to take home to his house guests. A lot of other people have mentioned this, as well. I see a donut shop that is very close to the area where others on this forum have said that he lives, and he could actually get to his house using only residential roads if he stopped there on his way home. I don't see anything better than that donut shop near the gas station.

Another thought ... In the gym video, he puts his bag behind the driver's seat. I assume his money was possibly in there, along with his ID and whatever else he'd take to the gym. In the gas station video, he doesn't carry his bag with him so it is probably still stashed behind the seat. If he did stop somewhere else and it was still dark, it would be easy to see him reach back, grab some cash, and put the bag back behind the seat. Eyes off of his surroundings for a minute, not to mention if someone saw him they would know his stuff was in the car if he left.

A final thought on the location of the gas station. An obvious (to me) thing you would be able to quickly do that early is pick up an rx. The gas station is close to medical centers, and even though most of us probably have our pharmacy closer to our house than our doctor's office, he doesn't live that far from the university hospitals and he may have his pharmacy over there. It would be cheap enough to pay with cash (maybe), so the only way to find out if he did pick up some meds is if he used a rewards card or something.
Speaking as a Dallas resident, whether the route AW took and/or the gas station he chose was in a safer or not as safe area versus how or where he could have gone, just like where his gym was located, in MOO is a matter of perception. I mentioned early on in this thread that Dallas, just like most urban cities, is a quilt of new development and run down areas. It's nearly impossible to find a route within city limits to anywhere that doesn't take you through some areas that tend to have higher crime. If AW was a loyal Racetrac customer like I tend to be, he may have felt more comfortable at the Inwood and Maple location which is larger than the one on Lemon and it's really not that far off the direct route. If he did think about picking up donuts, there are 2 between that Racetrac and his home both of which open at 5am.
I also have most "location" type permissions blocked on my phone. I hadn't really thought about how my family might locate me before this. I just didn't like the idea of my location being so available to whomever has the ability to get it.

Wouldn't LE have a pretty good idea of the locations and times of where the rental car had been? Can't they download that information off the car's computer?
I don't know. But..... the car was a not a rental per se.

Rather, it was apparently available at the dealership as a "loaner" to customers of the well heeled variety. As to whether the car's computer allows for routes to be re-created, or the dealership installed a tracking devise lest a customer takes a liking to the loaner and uhhmm...."forgets" to return it, I have no idea.

I don't know. But..... the car was a not a rental per se.

Rather, it was apparently available at the dealership as a "loaner" to customers of the well heeled variety. As to whether the car's computer allows for routes to be re-created, or the dealership installed a tracking devise lest a customer takes a liking to the loaner and uhhmm...."forgets" to return it, I have no idea.

One would think that a dealership had some ability to find any of its high end loaner vehicles at any time. If not, I am assuming that LE is informed as to where that loaner travelled that morning.

One would think that a dealership had some ability to find any of its high end loaner vehicles at any time. If not, I am assuming that LE is informed as to where that loaner travelled that morning.
I agree, I imagine that they would given that the technology is so easy and inexpensive.

But, then again, I once took advantage of a screaming deal and rented a Mustang Convertible. Rental car agencies probably have a higher theft or "forgot about it" rate than high end dealers with loaners.

Anyways.... I returned the Mustang to the airport location on time, but parked in the wrong rental lot after an attendant told me that her company and the Mustang's company checked in each other's cars all the time. She then told me she would move the car to the correct company's lot later on.

But...she then forgot to move the car. Two weeks later, I get a call from the rental company wanting to know where their Mustang was and when was I going to bring it back.

They did not seem to have the ability to track the car. Rather, a manager had to go to the other lot and find it after I told them what happened.

Last edited:
I just thought that new high end cars have GPS, whether a loaner or rental or whatever, and they would know where it was that morning and where it has been the few days after.

I just thought that new high end cars have GPS, whether a loaner or rental or whatever, and they would know where it was that morning and where it has been the few days after.
Agree, my vague understanding is that travel locations would be able to be discovered by now.

MOO- law enforcement knows a lot more than they are sharing. They are using family to gain sympathy with potential witnesses. Someone related to suspect or who saw something suspicious who is not wanting to turn in suspect and/or is not sympathetic to police may be moved by the trauma of Alan’s mom. This is the best reason I can think of for why the police are completely absent from any news reports/ coverage.

otherwise I would be flat out infuriated that the police have been silent and not held accountable for updates by the media. I think it must be strategic and I hope it works. Very sad.

MOO- law enforcement knows a lot more than they are sharing. They are using family to gain sympathy with potential witnesses. Someone related to suspect or who saw something suspicious who is not wanting to turn in suspect and/or is not sympathetic to police may be moved by the trauma of Alan’s mom. This is the best reason I can think of for why the police are completely absent from any news reports/ coverage.

otherwise I would be flat out infuriated that the police have been silent and not held accountable for updates by the media. I think it must be strategic and I hope it works. Very sad.

BBM, I agree.

It's just all so SILENT and they aren't telling us anything! I remember when sweet Adam Gilbertson went missing in Denver. No movement, police were so quiet. Of course we all wanted to think they were "working behind the scenes" and that they had all kinds of info but just weren't releasing it. IIRC, they even asked the family/friends not to search. Finally the family had enough, and did their own search as LE was doing nothing. He deserved better. His body was found nearly a month later on the banks of the South Platte River after a search party of more than 130 volunteers went looking for him!! Found Deceased - CO - Adam Gilbertson, 29, Denver, 14 Dec 2017

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
BBM, I agree.

It's just all so SILENT and they aren't telling us anything! I remember when sweet Adam Gilbertson went missing in Denver. No movement, police were so quiet. Of course we all wanted to think they were "working behind the scenes" and that they had all kinds of info but just weren't releasing it. IIRC, they even asked the family/friends not to search. Finally the family had enough, and did their own search as LE was doing nothing. He deserved better. His body was found nearly a month later on the banks of the South Platte River after a search party of more than 130 volunteers went looking for him!! Found Deceased - CO - Adam Gilbertson, 29, Denver, 14 Dec 2017

<modsnip>
A good point! My opinion is that Alan’s family and friends, though mild-mannered, are extremely assertive and aggressive about Alan going missing. So it is my hope and expectation that they would be calling out law enforcement and organizing public searches if they had any doubt about LE. But there is never even a question put to police, which seems telling.

I am still surprised no public searches. But still, this family and Alan’s friends were ON THE BALL and I truly believe they would be getting media onto the police or onto the search if they had any doubt or skepticism about police commitment. Since we do have a verified insider I would say, organizing a public search might help even if you have faith in law enforcement efforts. Thinking of the family!

I'd be very surprised if Porsche Cars North America (PCNA) or AW's Porsche dealership weren't capable of providing detailed location information on the Macan loaner to LE.

I believe that all new 911's and most other new Porsche models (maybe all, in fact) now come with a Porche Vehicle Tracking System (PVTS) built in. This is separate from the PCM (the communication module, better known as the Nav unit) that includes mapping software, the audio system, various apps, a phone connection, and other settings).

When I owned or leased several Cayenne S and GTS models from '04-15', the PCM /Nav modules were an expensive option - but no one wanted a high end Porsche SUV that didn't have Nav, so nearly all S, GTS, and Turbo models had them.

The PVTS (compared to the PCM) is a relatively new component (guessing in the last 8 years or so). I think, but am not sure, that this tracking system is now built-in to all new cars. Europe had it before the US. The PVTS is "optional" in that it must be activated by the owner, who then uses an app to control the PVTS, change the settings and communicate with "Porsche Connect". All for a monthly fee.

PVTS protects against theft, break-in, unauthorized towing, and unauthorized changes to the battery and certain computers. You can even set up a digital fence on the app. "Porsche Connect" will then notify you if anybody has taken your car outside your designated "fence" area.

Idk whether Porsche could (or would) keep track of a PVTS if it were not first activated and authorized to do so by the owner (I'm sure you'd have to read the "privacy policy" to find out!). But some insurance companies are now requiring (or strongly encouraging) that Porsche owners get and activate PVTS in order to obtain insurance (or to lower their insurance premiums, anyway).

My guess is that if it wasn't already a PCNA corporate policy, I bet the local dealership's insurance company requires that the dealership temporarily "activate" all loaner car PVTS systems in order to expedite vehicle recovery and minimize claims. If so, I think the loaner Macan was trackable.

Given adequate search warrants for the loaner Macan PVTS and Nav, and for AW's smartphone, I think LE may have (or will soon have) some very precise location information on where AW and the Macan were that morning. I think they are keeping this one close to the vest. Jmo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members