Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
from the article, for those who may not be able to access it -

Idaho court records show a date has been set for the trial of Chad and Lori Daybell. The trial will begin on July 12, 2021 at 9 a.m. with Steven Boyce presiding as the judicial officer. A pre-trial conference has also been set for June 2, 2021 at 10 a.m. This comes two weeks after Judge Boyce ruled to combine the trials.

Jury trial date set for Chad and Lori Daybell

Just a thought, but I'm sure there are those who haven't followed the case as close as others. Besides, some people have shorter memories than others and with this additional wait time it might be beneficial in gathering up an impartial jury or juries.

Just a thought, but I'm sure there are those who haven't followed the case as close as others. Besides, some people have shorter memories than others and with this additional wait time it might be beneficial in gathering up an impartial jury or juries.

What happened with the any effort to move to another jurisdiction? Or since the judges travel, won't matter? When is that hearing?

What happened with the any effort to move to another jurisdiction? Or since the judges travel, won't matter? When is that hearing?

24th November, 9am

motion for change of venue https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR22-20-755/Notice of Hearing All Hearings.pdf
motion to dismiss https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR22-20-755/Order to Continue Hearing on Motion to Dismiss.pdf

Both showing on Chad's docket only, nothing on Lori's. They are joined now but I should think some types of motions are treated seperately, not for transfer of venue but for dismissal. Not sure?

She applied for change of venue also, before the cases were joined, but no hearing date was ever put up on the court portal, so I don't know what's going on there. Maybe it was ignored or the court clerk put it on hold or something.

Joe Ryan's former attorney was interviewed for this video. Phoenix PD's Sgt. Mercedes Fortune to Justin Lum: "To this moment there isn't any additional information that would lead investigators to believe there was foul play."

ETA (BBM): Sgt. Mercedes Fortune also confirms there are no persons of interest named in the case of Joseph Ryan. There have been conflicting reports and we reached out to clarify.

https://twitter.com/jlumfox10/status/1327064699482107905

ETA2: “A person of interest is only identified when there is evidence of a crime. We are only reviewing the case.”

Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix

Last edited:
24th November, 9am

motion for change of venue https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR22-20-755/Notice of Hearing All Hearings.pdf
motion to dismiss https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR22-20-755/Order to Continue Hearing on Motion to Dismiss.pdf

Both showing on Chad's docket only, nothing on Lori's. They are joined now but I should think some types of motions are treated seperately, not for transfer of venue but for dismissal. Not sure?

She applied for change of venue also, before the cases were joined, but no hearing date was ever put up on the court portal, so I don't know what's going on there. Maybe it was ignored or the court clerk put it on hold or something.

In the article in post #980 - has this:

Previously, the hearings for change of trial location and dismissal of charges was set for Nov 24. Now, they will be held Jan. 6. The pre-trial conference will be held at 10 a.m. on June 2.

@Tortoise - if I may ask you "what time" is the 1/6/20 hearing for Daybell? But I see there might not be an update on this yet since you just posted those pdfs.

In the article in post #980 - has this:

Previously, the hearings for change of trial location and dismissal of charges was set for Nov 24. Now, they will be held Jan. 6. The pre-trial conference will be held at 10 a.m. on June 2.

@Tortoise - if I may ask you "what time" is the 1/6/20 hearing for Daybell? But I see there might not be an update on this yet since you just posted those pdfs.
I wasn't aware of this Niner, probably saw it but forgot about it thinking I'd find it again when it was updated on the court portal. So I don't know what time it is.

Joe Ryan's former attorney was interviewed for this video. Phoenix PD's Sgt. Mercedes Fortune to Justin Lum: "To this moment there isn't any additional information that would lead investigators to believe there was foul play."

ETA (BBM): Sgt. Mercedes Fortune also confirms there are no persons of interest named in the case of Joseph Ryan. There have been conflicting reports and we reached out to clarify.

https://twitter.com/jlumfox10/status/1327064699482107905

ETA2: “A person of interest is only identified when there is evidence of a crime. We are only reviewing the case.”

Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix
Personally, and I’m from a police family so I mean no offense, but I’ve never been impressed by Phoenix Police Dept. I survived a rape and homicide attempt there in April of 96. They talked me out of filing rape charges against my husband despite agreeing they had enough evidence and they also said the little kids would still have to testify, ( witnesses) then they said there wasn’t enough evidence for thestrsngulstion but when the bruises appeared in the morning they said I could have beat myself up with a bat. And then! They called once a week or once a month I can’t remember because They said I was on their high risk list of homicides. They drove me crazy.

Personally, and I’m from a police family so I mean no offense, but I’ve never been impressed by Phoenix Police Dept. I survived a rape and homicide attempt there in April of 96. They talked me out of filing rape charges against my husband despite agreeing they had enough evidence and they also said the little kids would still have to testify, ( witnesses) then they said there wasn’t enough evidence for thestrsngulstion but when the bruises appeared in the morning they said I could have beat myself up with a bat. And then! They called once a week or once a month I can’t remember because They said I was on their high risk list of homicides. They drove me crazy.
I am sorry ShielaTerranova you had that horrific experience(s). Thank you for sharing your insight to this departments way of business. It does not surprise me from many things I have read....you have confirmed what I thought. (I too come from a family of LE in many different aspects. Where I now live I have seen similar things....some of it is related to the good old boy attitude.). I hope your life is now better....much much better.

I am sorry ShielaTerranova you had that horrific experience(s). Thank you for sharing your insight to this departments way of business. It does not surprise me from many things I have read....you have confirmed what I thought. (I too come from a family of LE in many different aspects. Where I now live I have seen similar things....some of it is related to the good old boy attitude.). I hope your life is now better....much much better.
Thank you, Ms.Josie❤️

You don't actually know what she said during her temple recommend interview. We only know what she told someone else that she said.

She seems to me to be a person that says what she thinks others want to hear to gain her own ends and her interview was probably very boring and just what the bishop wanted to hear.

Oh yes. Absolutely agreed. My concern is how all this can be presented to a jury without offending LDS. There will have to be context, and the risk of mis-speaking is high. I would hate to see a mistrial over something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle