Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Godspeed Mr Moorman. He sounds like he was quite a colorful character. I see the family resemblance in his photo. The saddest part is the way that Suzanne is noted.

RIP Gene!
Also interesting where donations are suggested to go:
“The family requests donations on Gene’s behalf be made to your LOCAL DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ORGANIZATION, Pete’s Pantry in Alexandria, or the Alexandria Community Center.”

SM's Father.
@Jo in Calif Thanks for this link. Snipping from ^
---" 'Let’s go see if we can’t find some trouble to get into' Gene was always the instigator of a good time."
--- The person writing the obit listing survivors included "his special traveling cat, Brown."

---"Florida, where he wintered for many years..." Looks like that cat covered a lotta miles w him.

But sad sad wording about those who preceded him: "He was preceded in death by [...his parents et al...] and missing and presumed dead, daughter, Suzanne Morphew.
No doubt in my mind this man will be missed. RIP Mr. Moorman.

Last edited:
RIP Gene!
Also interesting where donations are suggested to go:
“The family requests donations on Gene’s behalf be made to your LOCAL DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ORGANIZATION, Pete’s Pantry in Alexandria, or the Alexandria Community Center.”

SM's Father.
@Jo in Calif Thanks for this link. Snipping from ^
---" 'Let’s go see if we can’t find some trouble to get into' Gene was always the instigator of a good time."
--- The person writing the obit listing survivors included "his special traveling cat, Brown."

---"Florida, where he wintered for many years..." Looks like that cat covered a lotta miles w him.

But sad sad wording about those who preceded him: "He was preceded in death by [...his parents et al...] and missing and presumed dead, daughter, Suzanne Morphew.
No doubt in my mind this man will be missed. RIP Mr. Moorman.

Wow - couldn’t be a clearer message here ImO
Poor Suzanne

and an obvious omission of a certain son-in-law.

This case is really getting to me. Hope artwork is allowed.
Love it Josie, a nice respite.

Thank you for this post. Gene sounds like someone we would all like to know. Sure seems the Moorman family is now convinced there was DV in their relationship. If true, it bothers me more than ever that their is no caring words/tributes expressed by the daughters. It could have been posted on the Find Suzanne page, they don't need to address the public personally, but offer some words for their wonderful mother, who loved them dearly.

Welcome @Habman

Last edited:
Love it Josie, a nice respite.

Thank you for this post. Gene sounds like someone we would all like to know. Sure seems the Moorman family is now convinced there was DV in their relationship. If true, it bothers me more than ever that their is no caring words/tributes expressed by the daughters. It could have been posted on the Find Suzanne page, they don't need to address the public personally, but offer something for this wonderful mother.

Welcome @Habman
bbm
Agreed.

It depends on whom is controlling them.
IF (speculation/opinion, as we don't know) they're in the care of BM's mother this may have an effect on what they're allowed to say.
For certain they'll not be allowed to cast any aspersions on their father, ever --- as both daughters could face being cut off financially and possibly in other areas as well.
IF there was a troubled marriage or any fighting, the girls may be compelled to conceal this; as it would make their dad look bad to the public.
The fact that BM claimed LE were (paraphrased) "ruining his family..." is telling !
Imo.

Last edited:
Or Orlando PD and Jeff Ashton.

As long as you are able to show that you did not turn a blind eye to other possible suspects/scenarios, defense attorneys will have a hard time selling the tunnel vision defense.
Sometimes, it really can look like LE has tunnel vision in a case. That’s usually because we don’t know all of what LE has been doing. In this case, CCSO has indicated that have received hundreds of tips. Did they follow up on every one or only those that had seemingly incriminating information about BM? CCSO has indicated that they are following up on every one and that takes time. They also said they were able to rule out accident, abduction, and ML attack. They will have to show how they were able to rule them out.
Good LE will go where the evidence takes them. Good LE get no satisfaction from locking up the wrong man. Of course we know that is not always the case, but the majority of LE play by the rules.
What looks like tunnel vision is often a case of a 6 lane highway merging into a one lane tunnel.
ITA, @OldCop!

My statement was imprecise at the end, and I am glad for your post.

Although I said that LE will "seek every advantage at trial," I didn't intend to suggest that Chaffee County LE are not playing by the rules. I should have said, "Within the law, LE will seek to preserve every advantage at trial..." As they should.

From what I have seen, I believe CCSO is following the rules very scrupulously. It may well be that they have not named BM as a murder suspect simply because they have leads that must be pursued before they can safely narrow their focus in public statements. As you say, it takes time.

Although generally speaking it seems fairly obvious what happened....there appears to be a serious lack of hard evidence. No weapon...no body. This is a big problem. Of course we don’t know what LE has in terms of forensic evidence but with what we know I don’t see how they can make murder one stick....probably a lot more patience required JMO

bbm
Agreed.

It depends on whom is controlling them.
IF (speculation/opinion, as we don't know) they're in the care of BM's mother this may have an effect on what they're allowed to say.
For certain they'll not be allowed to cast any aspersions on their father, ever --- as both daughters could face being cut off financially and possibly in other areas as well.
IF there was a troubled marriage or any fighting, the girls may be compelled to conceal this; as it would make their dad look bad to the public.
The fact that BM claimed LE were (paraphrased) "ruining his family..." is telling !
Imo.
Well. Leaving his wife without security cameras, saying "no" to traveling to see friends, saying "no" to medical cannabis for cancer treatment pain, allowing his female relatives to take SM's daughters away for mothers day then leaving himself, all add up to enough negative controlling behavior to ruin his family all by himself.

Although generally speaking it seems fairly obvious what happened....there appears to be a serious lack of hard evidence. No weapon...no body. This is a big problem. Of course we don’t know what LE has in terms of forensic evidence but with what we know I don’t see how they can make murder one stick....probably a lot more patience required JMO

What we do know is, they don't have this poor woman's body, so I have to agree, I don't see how they'd make ever make M1 stick.

Even without that, however, and without looking up the statutes for CO, it would still be some amount of justice IMO if the charge was even lessened to a degree that the guilty party, whoever that is, would be assured to live the remainder of his years, locked in a cage.

Last edited:
If they don’t hang murder one on the culprit there is the possibility they could serve as few as eight years. This crime could prove to be particularly heinous and the perpetrator needs to stay locked for the remainder of their life as you suggest...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard