GUILTY MI - Egypt Covington, 27, found murdered in her home, Belleville, 23 June 2017 *arrests in 2020*

In this link (video only) the reporter said that police have 3 days to charge the suspects and that it's possible that they're being held on some sort of parole violation. She didn't say that was the case for sure so it could have simply been a guess.

Going by that then the suspects should be arraigned tomorrow (Monday). Maybe that's why they haven't yet been named.
Egypt Covington's family reacts to arrests made in her murder investigation

Update!

Sunday, November 8th:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ am CT) - MI – Egypt Covington (27) (June 23, 2017, found shot & killed in her house, Belleville) – *Timothy Eugene Moore (31 @ time of crime/34) arrested (11/5/20), charged & arraigned (11/8/20) with 1 count of 1st degree premeditated murder, felony murder, 1st degree home invasion, 1 count of possession of weapons/firearms by a felon & 4 counts of weapons/firearm. Denied bond. Wayne County/34th District Court.
8/11/20 Update: In June, 2020 on the 3rd anniversary of Egypt's death, her family held a rally asking for Michigan State Police to get involved in the investigaiton. MSP is now assisting the Van Buren Township.
11/5/20 Update: 2 arrested in her murder. 11/8/20 Update: Moore arraigned with 1 count of 1st degree premeditated murder, felony murder, 1st degree home invasion, 1 count of possession of weapons/firearms by a felon & 4 counts of weapons/firearm on 11/8/20. No plea entered. Bond denied.

Last edited:
Ah - found him in the 34th District Court site, but unfortunately, it is a screwing site & doesn't give next court date....
Here are all his charges:

MOORE,TIMOTHY,EUGENE 2/13/1986 20-1628 HOMICIDE .00
MOORE,TIMOTHY,EUGENE 2/13/1986 20-1628 FELONY MURDR .00
MOORE,TIMOTHY,EUGENE 2/13/1986 20-1628 HOME INV-1ST .00
MOORE,TIMOTHY,EUGENE 2/13/1986 20-1628 POSS FELON .00
MOORE,TIMOTHY,EUGENE 2/13/1986 20-1628 WEAPONS .00

link: http://webroa.34thdistrictcourt-mi.org/roa34/ROASched.aspx

and

http://webroa.34thdistrictcourt-mi....D&CASE=20-1628 &PTY=D01&FILENAME=D110973745

So - I take it no word on the other suspect arrested?

TIA! ;)

So we know TM is charged with home invasion. But were no signs of forced entry.
We know that the SIL has said when his name was mentioned it meant NOTHING. It was not a name they recognized.
We know that in the interview with the brother and SIL initially, they mentioned the suspect(s?) had been watching the Justice for Egypt FB page.....
But in their 2nd interview they have no idea who this person is? I suppose they did say in the initial interview that the suspect was not known to the family BUT the suspect KNEW the family...any locals want to chime in?

Initial Interview:

Egypt Covington's family reacts to arrests made in her murder investigation

Second Interview:

Family finds some answers after suspect charged in Egypt Covington's murder

www.wxyz.com › news › ex-con-with-long-rap-sheet-f...
5 days ago — Turner is talking about 34-year-old Timothy Eugene Moore, an ex-con now charged with the murder of his sister Egypt Covington.

How can that be his sister? He's black and she's white? Just catching up on this one. Sad.
I thought Egypt was mixed race - black parent and a white parent? I might be wrong on that. So it is possible this guy could be a brother or half-brother.

www.wxyz.com › news › ex-con-with-long-rap-sheet-f...
5 days ago — Turner is talking about 34-year-old Timothy Eugene Moore, an ex-con now charged with the murder of his sister Egypt Covington.

How can that be his sister? He's black and she's white? Just catching up on this one. Sad.

IMO - that sentence is so badly worded! I just replayed the video - D. Turner (who is interviewed) is Egypt’s brother.......the suspect is not related to Egypt as LE are still digging to see if there was any connection between the two prior to her murder. I know, could they possibly have made it more confusing?

I can't believe this is the only thread about this case. It seems there are a lot of locals here and some of the other local cases, Chelsea Bruck/Danielle Stislicki/Julia Niswender etc. had numerous threads.

Anyways, the other day I was thinking....she was found bound with 'christmas lights' but it was summer (June). That never struck me as odd until I realized it was summer, so unless she had them up or around somewhere, seems random when something else would be more common.

Wednesday, Nov. 18th:
*Probable Cause Hearing (@ 11am CT) - MI – Egypt Covington (27) (June 23, 2017, found shot & killed in her house, Belleville) – *Timothy Eugene Moore (31 @ time of crime/34) arrested (11/5/20), charged & arraigned (11/8/20) with 1 count of 1st degree premeditated murder, felony murder, 1st degree home invasion, 1 count of possession of weapons/firearms by a felon & 4 counts of weapons/firearm. Denied bond.
8/11/20 Update: In June, 2020 on the 3rd anniversary of Egypt's death, her family held a rally asking for Michigan State Police to get involved in the investigation. MSP is now assisting the Van Buren Township.
11/5/20 Update: 2 arrested in her murder. 11/8/20 Update: Moore arraigned with 1 count of 1st degree premeditated murder, felony murder, 1st degree home invasion, 1 count of possession of weapons/firearms by a felon & 4 counts of weapons/firearm. No plea entered. Bond denied. Next probable cause hearing on 11/18/20.
11/10/20: The second person arrested by Special Investigation Detectives has been released pending further investigation. This investigation continues to change rapidly & detectives are continuing to follow up on leads generated from evidence in the case.

Charge Description Offense Date Docket Number Sentence Date Disposition Sentence Length Crime Class Court Date Arresting Agency
HOMICIDE - MURDER FIRST DEGREE PREMEDITATED 11/8/2020 6:29 PM 822072464401 Felony 11/25/2020

link: Search Jail Inmates

this case caught my eye cause the family got sick of the local le and rallied so its handed to state .. and its solved most likely ....it makes me think of small town murder in specific which has been wrecked by the local le and no one is doing a thing about it

I am wondering about motive...especially as they are considering more than one killer...could be a stalker / rejection issue or violent robbery

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts