Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
I remember your first post, and wanted to confirm you were there that day staying at their house? Know we are all here to support you and being on this forum could very much help find Alan.

Question many are wondering I am sure... who sent the last text around 6:30 am. And why the quick concern to call him as a missing person?
bbm
Just had a thought. This may be a very private issue, but might Alan have a medical issue? Something organic, a recent change in a medication, an injury, exposure to something toxic, sleep issues, metabolic disorder...something that might lead to confusion or change in behavior, memory, cognition etc.
It can happen to the best of us and to the most solid and responsible people.

I had a colleague who vanished. Perfectly normal beforehand. He was located after two and a half weeks some 100 miles away, and remembers nothing. Turns out he had a sudden onset of bipolar disorder which manifested without any warning signs. It was quite strange, but with the right medication (lithium), he was fine and as productive as before.

Assuming AW took a more circuitous route home from the gym (Maple to Inwood instead of Lemmon to Inwood) in order to avoid the crime scene being processed at the 7-Eleven at Lemmon and Wycliffe (where a robbery and shooting had occurred earlier that morning), and ended up at the RaceTrac at the Maple-Inwood intersection instead, the only places I can think of where AW might have stopped while traveling north on Inwood would be:

The Maple Wood Private Social Club (they serve breakfast and brunch, etc, but idk if AW was a member), Pulaski's Donuts, The Wells Fargo Bank, CVS Drugs, The Bank of America, Starbucks Take-out, and Park Place Porsche. I think whatever happened to AW may have happened at one of these locations.

If I were a criminal looking to carjack and kidnap somebody in order to extort money from them by driving them around to ATM locations, and then afterwards was planning to attempt to extort ransom money from their family, I would look to pick out somebody I thought looked loaded, early in the morning, and when the potential victim was driving alone. AW dropping off a Porsche, and picking up a Porsche (all in the dark while the dealership was not yet open) would fit my victim criteria to a T.

Pure conjecture, but it wouldn't surprise me if AW's credit cards have been used, and that AW's family has perhaps received a ransom demand. Of course, if true, this info would not have been made public at this point in the investigation. The Hedgerow Dr. incident on Nov 4 included similar demands made of the victims. The suspects in that case may not have been involved in AW's disappearance, as the incidents appear to be completely separate. In any event, I doubt anyone's talking. Jmo

..or that somebody had hosed it out.[/Q
..or that somebody had hosed it out.

I took the statement as saying “someone was driving the day after he was missing” ( bc whoever got in the car had gotten seats wet from them being wet in the rain & mentioning mud on tires ) . I guess it would be helpful to know how wet the seats were. I’m sure the police have been checking that mud/ grass or anything found on tires to help determine where the car might have been.

Wet seats. That sounds like trying to hide evidence either by cleaning or by leaving windows, sun roof open.

Muddy tires. Why didn’t we ground search for him?! I wonder if DPD was worried about the safety of the searchers? So much crime...

Does anyone know if gang initiation a possibility and a real thing? eg: you commit a random crime to “get in”. Just wondering

odd that he disappeared days ago and the news is just now covering it. I don't know this guy but I use to live in Dallas and have seen him around. If there are cameras in or around Kalita Humphreys theatre, someone should check those too. People park back there to go jogging on the Katy Trail.

@bs7399 - Where have you seen him around? Can you be more specific?

Last edited:
We haven’t been able to get the phone records. All we know is his last data usage was at like 6:01 am and last text he received was around 6:30 am. He would’ve charged his phone overnight so we think the SIM card was taken out......
Hi tlu - How do you know about his last data usage and his last text if you haven't had access to his phone records? Also, I would think that these two times are very crucial to your uncle's whereabouts.

Last edited:
...it wouldn't surprise me if AW's credit cards have been used, and that AW's family has perhaps received a ransom demand...
I thought that it had been mentioned that his credit cards had not been used. Also, if the family had received a demand for ransom, I don't think the niece would be on this website or the family would be on the news or speaking to the press trying to find AW. They also hired a PI to try to locate him.

I don't know, though. Just my opinion.

Has it been determined if the loaner car he was driving had "auto lock" function turned off or on? If Alan's own car had auto lock then it's possible he didn't think about locking the car after getting behind the wheel at the gas station because he was so used to having the car lock on its own. That leaves the possibility of a carjacking at gunpoint, and they can happen very fast. My gut feeling is that he was carjacked and something very bad has happened to him. I hate typing this. My heart breaks for his family and friends.

IMO

Has it been determined if the loaner car he was driving had "auto lock" function turned off or on? If Alan's own car had auto lock then it's possible he didn't think about locking the car after getting behind the wheel at the gas station because he was so used to having the car lock on its own. That leaves the possibility of a carjacking at gunpoint, and they can happen very fast. My gut feeling is that he was carjacked and something very bad has happened to him. I hate typing this. My heart breaks for his family and friends.

IMO

If that's the case, they would have it on video. The family said he got in the car and headed toward his home. But, that part of the video hasn't been released

People keep mentioning a sunroof. There does not appear to be a sunroof on the car he was driving.
The gym video does not look like a sunroof to me, nor does the picture of the Macan presumably similar on dealer lot. Including links and screenshots.

https://twitter.com/rozierreports/status/13223034
[URL='https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/family-pushes-find-missing-55-year-old-dallas-man-10000-reward/287-54aff2f2-6c96-4eb2-b4c2-b0517d665f91']
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/family-pushes-find-missing-55-year-old-dallas-man-10000-reward/287-54aff2f2-6c96-4eb2-b4c2-b0517d665f91
57127223298?s=21[/URL]

Attachments

• AA31BBEE-4491-4731-BD12-ED65EC2AB530.png
    AA31BBEE-4491-4731-BD12-ED65EC2AB530.png
    188.9 KB · Views: 32
People keep mentioning a sunroof. There does not appear to be a sunroof on the car he was driving.

I think we're only mentioning it because the niece said the seats were wet in the vehicle, and that it had been raining.

If no sunroof/rain, maybe the wet seats = an attempt to clean up the vehicle :(

Last edited:
Hi tlu - How do you know about his last data usage and his last text if you haven't had access to his phone records? Also, I would think that these two times are very crucial to your uncle's whereabouts.
I’m wondering if they received that info from the phone bill itself. I know I can see that detail on my bill. Also, I would assume Rusty was still calling and /or texting after 6:30 so 6:30 seems to be the last activity.

I’m also wondering if there was a search conducted near where the car was found? Does Texas Equusearch Texas EquuSearch
ever get involved in cases like this? I know they have to be asked or invited in. I would think a search near the trees/creeks near the location car was found might be in order.

How long would mud stay in a tire if driven? I know when I looked at the alley from google earth behind their house I saw areas of mud and puddles. I know @thelastunicorn said their video cameras show he never made it home, but did he make it to the alley? If you haven’t checked with neighbors, please do. Including screenshot and link of alley. My screenshot is entering alley from Inwood.
Google Earth Link

Google Earth
#googleearth

Attachments

• 66547171-5DF5-4020-97E3-2C2FD22A313B.png
    66547171-5DF5-4020-97E3-2C2FD22A313B.png
    104.6 KB · Views: 55
I think we're only mentioning it because the niece said the seats were wet in the vehicle, and that it had been raining.

LE has the vehicle, right? I would expect they are doing forensics to determine what was used other than water to clean the seats? Type of shampoo, bleach etc?

Begs the question why a perp(s) would go to the trouble. If they did, then are they afraid of their own DNA because they might be in a register for previous crimes?
I would also think LE is determining whether there's any blood residue.

Still hoping for some other explanation, i.e. medical, though it appears unlikely. :(

I wonder if there is a reason the video is choppy and we don't see all of it. Him pulling in and him leaving, for example. Maybe someone jumped in the vehicle when he was in the store, and forced him to drive somewhere. Perhaps that's the part that cannot be divulged and is not being released. But you would think they'd want to try and ID the person if that was the case?

It's all just so confusing.

LE has the vehicle, right? I would expect they are doing forensics to determine what was used other than water to clean the seats? Type of shampoo, bleach etc?

Begs the question why a perp(s) would go to the trouble. If they did, then are they afraid of their own DNA because they might be in a register for previous crimes?
I would also think LE is determining whether there's any blood residue.

Still hoping for some other explanation, i.e. medical, though it appears unlikely. :(

I was just typing similar. Do you think we’d know if it had been turned into a criminal investigation? Surely they’ve processed the car by now.

Or just a window left down at some point?

Honestly with the electronics in that car, “fine condition” would not equal hosing it out. And I’d think that they would have used black light and forensics to tell what DNA might show and then this would have turned to a criminal investigation by now.

I was just typing similar. Do you think we’d know if it had been turned into a criminal investigation? Surely they’ve processed the car by now.

Or just a window left down at some point?

Honestly with the electronics in that car, “fine condition” would not equal hosing it out. And I’d think that they would have used black light and forensics to tell what DNA might show and then this would have turned to a criminal investigation by now.

One would think, but they're not saying anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member