Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched the gas station footage again and got chills. Does anyone else see the mysterious figure in the background here?
Could be nothing and just someone out on a morning run but it feels off to me.

Attachments

• 7D30F0DA-92F4-42FB-85AF-616F1BD5EA80.jpeg
    7D30F0DA-92F4-42FB-85AF-616F1BD5EA80.jpeg
    75.1 KB · Views: 240
I just watched the gas station footage again and got chills. Does anyone else see the mysterious figure in the background here?

i see it. Out of context in a screenshot it’s creepy but when you watch the video it seems like there are a couple people and cars that pass by there and it doesn’t seem unusual. Especially since the individual disappears so quickly (ie. a jogger or something). It would be different if they were lingering.

IMO the creepy part of the video is when he glances over his shoulder like something behind him caught his attention.

In the very right corner, almost out of frame, by the poll. Do you see it?

That is a utility post with school zone signage on it located on the median on Inwood. It's topped with a flashing light and I think your "figure" is a camera-distorted view of the utility box.

Attachments

• RaceTracInwood.jpg
    RaceTracInwood.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 81
That is a utility post with school zone signage on it located on the median on Inwood. It's topped with a flashing light and I think your "figure" is a camera-distorted view of the utility box.
In the comments of this article: Dallas Police issue missing poster for Alan White - Dallas Voice
People think they see the passenger rear window go up and down in gas station video. I can’t tell. I doubt it. Video is glitchy. But I thought I’d mention it. Not sure if previously discussed.

In the comments of this article: Dallas Police issue missing poster for Alan White - Dallas Voice
People think they see the passenger rear window go up and down in gas station video. I can’t tell. I doubt it. Video is glitchy. But I thought I’d mention it. Not sure if previously discussed.

Yeah... The security system seems to skip 5 frames for each 1 frame archived. Likely to save space. The part where I think ppl are mistakenly thinking they see the window roll down and up is after he puts the pump handle back in its holster and he walks around the rear of the vehicle. For a brief moment - His body's position in relation to the overhead light sources and proximity to the vehicle causes an "eclipse" effect that interrupts the reflection off that particular window. IMO

Wouldn't LE have a pretty good idea of the locations and times of where the rental car had been? Can't they download that information off the car's computer?
No, a car's GPS is a receiver. It doesn't record or transmit where it is located. Only when special services are enabled, like GM's OnStar or the Porsche equivalent, can the car be tracked. And it's likely the dealer did not have the special services enabled on their loaner car.

porsche.com/USA/connect/

¹Model year 2017 vehicles require a separate plug-in SIM card with a data plan which is not included to use Porsche Connect services. Model year 2018 and onward vehicles have an embedded SIM card including data to use some Porsche Connect services.
²The Porsche Connect range varies according to model and country availability. The information on this page is intended to provide you with a general overview. For service availability in your vehicle, log into the Porsche Connect Store with your Porsche ID.

So what does an embedded sim card do?
A SIM card is used for cellular services. Without the SIM car, the car would not communicate with the service. Just like your phone - if you remove the SIM card you can't make (non-emergency) phone calls.

If you watch the video of Alan at the racetrack gas station you will see a person in the background. They disappear with the skip of the video. Watch about .19 seconds in and see what you think. The video has either been edited or skips weirdly. Where did this person end up?
Video: Missing Dallas man seen getting gas the morning he disappeared | wfaa.com

Btw— I can’t take credit for noticing this. I picked it up from a comment I saw on an article shared.
Yes, that person has been noticed, discussed and posted about. Starting in the post above.

Hi everyone, I want you all to know that Alan is the most kind and caring person and there’s no way he would ever willingly just up and disappear. As soon as Rusty told me Alan didn’t come home I started to panic. Rusty thought maybe he got into a car accident and I remember thinking oh no I hope that’s not the case. But as the hours passed I actually started to hope that was the case. Rusty had already tried texting and calling his phone and driving by the gym and calling the hospitals and there was just no sign of him. He wasn’t planning on stopping anywhere else. I saw some suggest picking up pastries or something for us but he had already asked us earlier in the week what we’d like for breakfast when he went shopping for the week.

Rusty knew Alan was going to stop for gas either before or after the gym. We don’t know why he took that route home but we think it may be because the gas station he would’ve gone to was robbed earlier that morning and he wanted to avoid that road in case the police had it closed off.

Masked Robbers Shoot 7-Eleven Clerk Twice At Oak Lawn Store, Then Take Off

We haven’t been able to get the phone records. All we know is his last data usage was at like 6:01 am and last text he received was around 6:30 am. He would’ve charged his phone overnight so we think the SIM card was taken out.

I have seen a satellite view of where the car was found but I don’t remember the exact location. It was in a secluded area and looked like someone was trying to hide it. The seats were also wet and there was mud on the tires. It had rained really hard the day after he went missing.

We also know for a fact he didn’t make it home. There are cameras on the front and back of the house and his car never shows up.

Other details I can’t give out right now.
This post is by the VI and she says why they believe he went to the other racetrac.
maybe the price of gas was cheaper at that one. Or he uses some kind of membership reward points. moo

where? I'm not seeing it

In the very right corner, almost out of frame, by the poll. Do you see it?

i see it. Out of context in a screenshot it’s creepy but when you watch the video it seems like there are a couple people and cars that pass by there and it doesn’t seem unusual. Especially since the individual disappears so quickly (ie. a jogger or something). It would be different if they were lingering.

IMO the creepy part of the video is when he glances over his shoulder like something behind him caught his attention.
The video stalls at several points which has been discussed as well.
No, it’s definitely not. It moves if you watch the video.

What about Alan's phone? It is still missing, along with Alan. Shouldn't LE have already tried to see the location where it last 'pinged'? or at least subpoenaed his phone records to check his last communication/location? This is a big piece of the puzzle that is missing.

What about Alan's phone? It is still missing, along with Alan. Shouldn't LE have already tried to see the location where it last 'pinged'? or at least subpoenaed his phone records to check his last communication/location? This is a big piece of the puzzle that is missing.

Check a few pages back, this was discussed at length. And you’re right, it’s a big piece that’s missing.

Here is what the Verified Insider said about the phone.. BBM.
Hi everyone, I want you all to know that Alan is the most kind and caring person and there’s no way he would ever willingly just up and disappear. As soon as Rusty told me Alan didn’t come home I started to panic. Rusty thought maybe he got into a car accident and I remember thinking oh no I hope that’s not the case. But as the hours passed I actually started to hope that was the case. Rusty had already tried texting and calling his phone and driving by the gym and calling the hospitals and there was just no sign of him. He wasn’t planning on stopping anywhere else. I saw some suggest picking up pastries or something for us but he had already asked us earlier in the week what we’d like for breakfast when he went shopping for the week.

Rusty knew Alan was going to stop for gas either before or after the gym. We don’t know why he took that route home but we think it may be because the gas station he would’ve gone to was robbed earlier that morning and he wanted to avoid that road in case the police had it closed off.

Masked Robbers Shoot 7-Eleven Clerk Twice At Oak Lawn Store, Then Take Off

We haven’t been able to get the phone records. All we know is his last data usage was at like 6:01 am and last text he received was around 6:30 am. He would’ve charged his phone overnight so we think the SIM card was taken out.

I have seen a satellite view of where the car was found but I don’t remember the exact location. It was in a secluded area and looked like someone was trying to hide it. The seats were also wet and there was mud on the tires. It had rained really hard the day after he went missing.

We also know for a fact he didn’t make it home. There are cameras on the front and back of the house and his car never shows up.

Other details I can’t give out right now.

Maybe a stupid question and apologies if this has been discussed, but is there a video that shows the end of the security footage? I don't see him going back to the car and driving away like his brother mentioned in his interview.

This is just so weird - he was so close to home and his route looks so normal.

That time of morning is pretty popular with construction workers. I'm not sure if there are signs up at the gas station, but even if there are I doubt they would be looked at. What about going to the gas station multiple mornings and asking around to see if anyone remembers anything? It probably wouldn't be the same ppl every morning, but a good chunk may have that gas station part of their morning routine. The same goes for any homeless in the area and ppl using the bus/train.

Maybe a stupid question and apologies if this has been discussed, but is there a video that shows the end of the security footage?

<ebm>

As far as your question, it’s not stupid, many of us are wondering. The end of of the video has not been released. We don’t know the reason.
Theories have been discussed though.

Last edited:
No, a car's GPS is a receiver. It doesn't record or transmit where it is located. Only when special services are enabled, like GM's OnStar or the Porsche equivalent, can the car be tracked. And it's likely the dealer did not have the special services enabled on their loaner car.
Jmo (and for reasons I posted previously, #702), I think there's a decent chance that the loaner's PVTS system (but not the PCM) had been temporarily activated / enabled by the dealer (possibly to satisfy insurance requirements). If this was the case, LE (with a warrant) might be able to get location/tracking data from PCNA or the dealer via the PVTS and Porsche Connect systems (but not from any "GPS" unit or device built-in to the vehicle)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam