Found Safe TN - Jordan Allen Gorman, 9, Joelton, 15 Nov 2020

Well there are more than one poster above who have made it clear they don't believe he ran into the woods or find it suspicious. I don't find the story at all suspicious right now.
BBM:

Personally, yes, I DO find a 9-year old little boy reportedly running off barefoot in near freezing temps and disappearing without a trace more than a tad suspicious.

Especially given the fact that he's been gone more than 24 hours.

9-year-old kids running away overnight is anything but commonplace in my book.

But that's just me.

To each his own.

JMO.

Him running off without his shoes isn’t necessarily suspect (anyone know anyone else who’s on the spectrum?)
the fact that tons of searchers around the home haven’t found him yet is absolutely making this suspect to me.
If they had waited longer to begin the search I might feel otherwise, but he wouldn’t have been able to get far from home shoeless by the time they started searching.
I think just an hour or two of him hobbling in the woods in the cold that he’d be frantic to react and be found by any searchers around, I don’t think he’s hiding.
All moo

AMBER Alert: Authorities scour wooded area for missing 9-year-old boy in Cheatham County

SABBM:

Five law enforcement teams are out Monday afternoon in a heavily wooded area near the home where Jordan was last seen Sunday morning. There are no volunteer efforts at this time.

TBI is asking residents in the area of Valley View Road in Joelton to walk around their property and search for places a child might hide, such as a crawlspace, shed or outbuilding.

When asked on Twitter if authorities believe Jordan is still in the area, TBI Spokesman Josh DeVine replied, "We certainly hope so. That's why we have teams searching so aggressively in the immediate area."

That's a distinction with a difference.

Belief is what you think is true.

Hope is what you want to be true.

The fact that LE drew that distinction is yet another red flag.

If LE believed JAG ran off into the woods, then they would have no reason to believe he wasn't still in the area.

It sounds like they're not entirely convinced.

JMO.

Last edited:
The parents of a missing nine-year-old Cheatham County boy at the center of a statewide AMBER alert are no strangers to tragedy, having lost an adult son about a decade ago in a car crash, according to their family pastor.

Gerald Prior has known the family for years through his ministry at New Life Community Church in Joelton. He said he recently spoke with Jordan Allen Gorman's family about the boy's disappearance.

Jordan’s dad is “completely broken, saying I don’t think I can do this again,” Prior said.

The couple lost their first son, Josiah Adam Lassek, 24, on Dec. 16, 2011, according to an online obituary. They've been adopting and fostering children ever since, according to Tony Langdon, another family friend.

Jordan was adopted, according to Prior. The boy has two full sisters, who were adopted with him, and there are two other boys in the house that are not related to him, he said.

The community is heartbroken, according to Langdon, who’s known the family for a few years.

Tennessee Amber Alert: Jordan Allen Gorman, missing 9-year-old, sought

I don't think it's Ashland.
?

Wow, I never imagined that degree of sensitivity existed. Thanks a lot. But, cadaver infestation would take longer, would it not?

(Yes, considering the temperatures, timeline as is indicated presently, etc.etc... Was posting strictly for reference material and clarification, etc., not that I’m sure it would be positively applicable at this time. It’s been a while since I read the article, but specific decomp factors as related to IR detection are discussed in the article.)

The parents of a missing nine-year-old Cheatham County boy at the center of a statewide AMBER alert are no strangers to tragedy, having lost an adult son about a decade ago in a car crash, according to their family pastor.

Gerald Prior has known the family for years through his ministry at New Life Community Church in Joelton. He said he recently spoke with Jordan Allen Gorman's family about the boy's disappearance.

Jordan’s dad is “completely broken, saying I don’t think I can do this again,” Prior said.

The couple lost their first son, Josiah Adam Lassek, 24, on Dec. 16, 2011, according to an online obituary. They've been adopting and fostering children ever since, according to Tony Langdon, another family friend.

Jordan was adopted, according to Prior. The boy has two full sisters, who were adopted with him, and there are two other boys in the house that are not related to him, he said.

The community is heartbroken, according to Langdon, who’s known the family for a few years.

Tennessee Amber Alert: Jordan Allen Gorman, missing 9-year-old, sought
Great info in that link, thank you.
Wow, they adopted him and his two sisters and two other children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back