Found Safe TN - Jordan Allen Gorman, 9, Joelton, 15 Nov 2020

BBM:

That doesn't really sound like a kid who would impulsively run away from home barefoot and stay away overnight, ignoring the calls of people out looking for him in the cold and the dark.

Calm little boys don't do that.

JMO.
Agree, I thought words were a little bit off too..
UNLESS, something had built up inside the little child over a long period of years and he suddenly had a big expression of everything he'd suppressed before.. that's nothing but speculation on my part.
IF the child had planned it or brought provisions or at least shoes and a jacket and some money he'd have a better chance, maybe.
It's too cold. just too cold.

"They're not talking much about what exactly happened…they said it looks like he just ran away."

Is he talking about the parents?

Or the TBI?
Too many cutaways to know for sure but I'm guessing the parents. Following that, he talks about how they wept together and prayed together. MOO

BBM:

That doesn't really sound like a kid who would impulsively run away from home barefoot and stay away overnight, ignoring the calls of people out looking for him in the cold and the dark.

Calm little boys don't do that.

JMO.
I believe it's been said he had tennis shoes on but I agree that this isn't sounding right.

“Whatever it takes until we cover every square inch,” said Sheriff Breedlove referring to how long agencies will continue searching for Jordan. “He could only be 100 yards from us he’s just a small child that’s why we’ve asked for a lot more of the expertise.”
Amber Alert issued for Cheatham County 9-year-old

It’s not clear why Jordan Allen Gorman left his home in Joelton; he was reportedly last seen walking in the woods. The family pastor said the boy was adopted by a couple, along with his two sisters, and they are also fostering two other boys. Their eldest son died in a 2011 car accident. “We can’t believe this is happening to this family again,” Gerald Prior of New Life Community Church told The Tennessean. “There is less than 1% chance the parents have anything to do with his disappearance. [They’re] good people.”
9-Year-Old Tennessee Boy Missing in Frigid Weather

The parents of a missing 9-year-old Cheatham County boy at the center of a statewide AMBER alert are no strangers to tragedy, having lost an adult son about a decade ago in a car crash, according to their family pastor.

Gerald Prior has known the family for years through his ministry at New Life Community Church in Joelton. He said he spoke with Jordan Allen Gorman's family Monday about the boy's disappearance.

Jordan’s dad is “completely broken, saying I don’t think I can do this again,” Prior said Monday night.

The couple lost their first son, Josiah Adam Lassek, 24, in 2011 just before Christmas, according to an online obituary. They've been adopting and fostering children ever since, according to Tony Langdon, another family friend.
Tennessee Amber Alert: Jordan Allen Gorman, missing 9-year-old, sought

Moo ....it would be very easy for him to get lost quite quickly, if he is running with no direction in mind. He also would maybe be expecting to get in trouble for running. But I do not think he is hiding. Moo

Take in consideration that he was barefoot. His run would come to a screeching halt with the first sharper pebble, twig or pine cone he'd step on. He would be barely able to run on a dirt road, barefoot and there is no way he would be running wild across the woods, off roads.

Here again to support his family. Please let him be found safe soon
somehow.

I hope those saying he wouldn't get so far barefoot are right.

I also think some of the questions people have is simply due to poor reporting of the facts.
Waiting patiently for the facts.

I'm sad to say this reminds me of Joey P's case. :( And Serenity's, in some ways.

Gerald Prior has known the family for years through his ministry at New Life Community Church in Joelton. He said he spoke with Jordan Allen Gorman's family Monday about the boy's disappearance.

If he's know them for years why would he even entertain the fact that "There is less than 1% chance the parents have anything to do with his disappearance. [They’re] good people.”

If it was due to rumours would he not address the fact and say so. "They're good people" and would never hurt, Jordan and would ask people to refrain from such things.

Is it possible he had argued with his siblings?
Does he like them?
Do they like him?
Is there a history of sibling rivalry?
Is there a cover up?
Who saw him go into the woods?
And more important, why didn't they stop him?
How long after he went into the woods did they go after him?
How long did they search?
How long after they searched did they alert LE?
Whom called 911?
I do hope he is found safe and well but the odds at present don't favour it.

If he's know them for years why would he even entertain the fact that "There is less than 1% chance the parents have anything to do with his disappearance. [They’re] good people.”

If it was due to rumours would he not address the fact and say so. "They're good people" and would never hurt, Jordan and would ask people to refrain from such things.

Is it possible he had argued with his siblings?
Does he like them?
Do they like him?
Is there a history of sibling rivalry?
Is there a cover up?
Whom called 911?
I do hope he is found safe and well but the odds at present don't favour it.

Critical questions I’m hoping LE has the answers to. Especially:
Whom called 911?

Hopefully, the mom will be able to speak out for her child today. It’s now or never I’m afraid. imo

His older sister Jocelyn was the last person to see him. He was standing at the end of the driveway, the family's pastor, Gerald Prior, told The Tennessean.

The TBI said it wasn't clear when the first 911 call was placed in Jordan's disappearance, but that a search began for him Sunday afternoon.

It is not clear how long after Jordan went missing that authorities became involved, but Monday they searched the areas surrounding his home. The Cheatham County Sheriff said there was a delay between Jordan's disappearance and alerting authorities.
On the Gorman property, there are three or four structures, the sheriff said. Property records show three residential parcels and one commercial lot. All structures were searched.
Who are Jordan's parents?
Jordan is the adopted son of Mark and Coletta Gorman. It's not clear when he was adopted by the Gorman family, but the family's pastor said Jordan was adopted alongside his two sisters.

The adoption came after the Gormans' son Josiah Lassek died in a car crash in 2011.

Jordan lives with his parents, two sisters and two other children.
AMBER Alert: What we know about Jordan Gorman missing from Joelton, TN

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3