Found Safe TN - Jordan Allen Gorman, 9, Joelton, 15 Nov 2020

His older sister J was the last person to see him. He was standing at the end of the driveway, the family's pastor, Gerald

Quote RSBM.

So his older sister saw him in the driveway, but maybe no one actually saw him go into the woods? That would explain not knowing the direction. Perhaps the argument was between the siblings and then she went inside? Poor girl, if that's how it happened. She's just a kid, too.

His older sister Jocelyn was the last person to see him. He was standing at the end of the driveway, the family's pastor, Gerald Prior, told The Tennessean.

The TBI said it wasn't clear when the first 911 call was placed in Jordan's disappearance, but that a search began for him Sunday afternoon.

It is not clear how long after Jordan went missing that authorities became involved, but Monday they searched the areas surrounding his home. The Cheatham County Sheriff said there was a delay between Jordan's disappearance and alerting authorities.
On the Gorman property, there are three or four structures, the sheriff said. Property records show three residential parcels and one commercial lot. All structures were searched.
Who are Jordan's parents?
Jordan is the adopted son of Mark and Coletta Gorman. It's not clear when he was adopted by the Gorman family, but the family's pastor said Jordan was adopted alongside his two sisters.

The adoption came after the Gormans' son Josiah Lassek died in a car crash in 2011.

Jordan lives with his parents, two sisters and two other children.
AMBER Alert: What we know about Jordan Gorman missing from Joelton, TN
BBM.
This makes me think he really did run into the woods.
What was his state of mind while his sister saw him standing at the end of the driveway?
Was he mad?
Was he crying?
Was he seemingly calm?
I also wonder if there was something in the woods that attracted him to run there and if the children often went in the woods for play.

His older sister Jocelyn was the last person to see him. He was standing at the end of the driveway, the family's pastor, Gerald Prior, told The Tennessean.

The TBI said it wasn't clear when the first 911 call was placed in Jordan's disappearance, but that a search began for him Sunday afternoon.

It is not clear how long after Jordan went missing that authorities became involved, but Monday they searched the areas surrounding his home. The Cheatham County Sheriff said there was a delay between Jordan's disappearance and alerting authorities.
On the Gorman property, there are three or four structures, the sheriff said. Property records show three residential parcels and one commercial lot. All structures were searched.
Who are Jordan's parents?
Jordan is the adopted son of Mark and Coletta Gorman. It's not clear when he was adopted by the Gorman family, but the family's pastor said Jordan was adopted alongside his two sisters.

The adoption came after the Gormans' son Josiah Lassek died in a car crash in 2011.

Curious if she went in the house and he then went in the woods except no one actually saw him go in the woods ? So the initial reports were wrong?
jmo

BBM.
This makes me think he really did run into the woods.
What was his state of mind while his sister saw him standing at the end of the driveway?
Was he mad?
Was he crying?
Was he seemingly calm?
I also wonder if there was something in the woods that attracted him to run there and if the children often went in the woods for play.
When my boys were that age, they always had a hideout in the woods by the creek. Usually with a fishing pole or nets. Especially if they wanted to be alone and away from their two bossy big sisters(only a few years older) I’m not sure I’ve read of talk of any of Jordan’s friends.

Sunday was quite cold. Hard to believe Jordan was just standing there barefoot and wearing short sleeved shirt. Even harder to believe that he decided to walk further. I mean it doesn't seem from this description like this kid run outta the house in the spur of emotions. Curiouser and curiouser...

If this was just a missing kid, and there was no sign of anything nefarious, then you’d expect this to be handled by the sheriff’s department.

So them handing it off the TBI is very concerning.
I’m in the UK so I am unsure about how your different agencies get involved and at what point and why? Can you elaborate at all please?

Curious if she went in the house and he then went in the woods except no one actually saw him go in the woods ? So the initial reports were wrong?
jmo
Did it say who he had got into with? I had thought it was the parents at first but could it have been siblings?
Although jmo I would think a running away would be because of something between a child and their parents, not a sibling. However, what if he had felt ganged up against by more than one sibling? Maybe they were going to tattle on him about something or did. Maybe he was afraid of the punishment to come.
Did he have a cell phone? I'm pretty sure my grandkids did at that age.
Just trying to consider different scenarios that could have come into play.
moo

Sunfday was quite cold. Hard to believe Jordan was just standing there barefoot and wearing short sleeved shirt. Even harder to believe that he decided to walk further. I mean it doesn't seem from this description like this kid run outta the house in the spur of emotions. Curiouser and curiouser...
Unless he was running from someone...
Idk, hopes are fading a bit. The talk of crevices scares me. And Gannon keeps popping in my thoughts. I wish they’d hurry up and find him. I don’t like this thread already. I can’t stay away.

Always confused about the protocol and specifics with Amber Alerts, it seems like different agencies have their own reason for being able to / not able to use them.

With that said, between the fact that his sister supposedly saw him at the end of the driveway, and then the Amber Alert, and then the fact that dogs could not trace him to the woods whatsoever? Very unlikely he got picked up but that picture is more clear to me than it was last night. MOO

BBM:

Not necessarily.

Warning graphic:

(Thanks to @musicaljoke for teaching me about this eons ago via a post in another case)
Wow I find that study and the information within , fascinating , thank you .
My only concern in this is the fact that I believe it’s been said that temperatures were below zero overnight and therefore this study won’t impact the increase in temp at this stage. I don’t want to say more because people may find it too difficult to digest..IYKWIM. All MOO

Overnight temps have been cold but not freezing. 37F Sunday night and 34F last night.

Wow I find that study and the information within , fascinating , thank you .
My only concern in this is the fact that I believe it’s been said that temperatures were below zero overnight and therefore this study won’t impact the increase in temp at this stage. I don’t want to say more because people may find it too difficult to digest..IYKWIM. All MOO

I was really hoping to wake up to news that he had been found overnight. The fact that he may have been adopted out of foster care (although no mention of when) makes me worry more that perhaps he thought he could return to a bio parent or previous caregiver. Still going to hold out hope for the next 24 hrs...

Did it say who he had got into with? I had thought it was the parents at first but could it have been siblings?
Although jmo I would think a running away would be because of something between a child and their parents, not a sibling. However, what if he had felt ganged up against by more than one sibling? Maybe they were going to tattle on him about something or did. Maybe he was afraid of the punishment to come.
Did he have a cell phone? I'm pretty sure my grandkids did at that age.
Just trying to consider different scenarios that could have come into play.
moo
NOV 15, updated NOV 16
Statewide Endangered Child Alert issued for Cheatham County 9-year-old
  • Jordan ran away from his home after a fight with his parents.
  • He was last seen around 11:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. Sunday.
  • Cheatham County Sheriff's Lieutenant Ken Miller said the search is ongoing, with investigators doing a neighborhood canvas.
  • The Tennessee Highway Patrol and the TBI are assisting with the search, and tracking dogs from Montgomery County are expected to arrive today.
  • Lt. Miller said three teams of tracking dogs searched for Jordan on Sunday, but wind made it difficult for them to pick up a scent.
  • Authorities said Jordan ran into the woods after a disagreement at his home on Valley View Road near Wanda Lane.
Carley Gordon on Twitter
BREAKING: There’s a missing 9-year-old in Cheatham Co. Officials say he got into a fight with his parents and ran into the woods. K9s and Helicopter now being used to find him.
1:20 PM · Nov 15, 2020

Past Weather in Town of Ashland City, Tennessee, USA — Yesterday or Further Back
Town of Ashland City Temperature Yesterday - Nov 15
Maximum temperature yesterday: 68 °F (at 1:53 am)
Minimum temperature yesterday: 47 °F (at 11:53 pm)
Average temperature yesterday: 60 °F

National Weather Service
Today - Nov 16
Sunny, with a high near 60. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight
Clear, with a low around 38. South southwest wind around 5 mph becoming west northwest after midnight.

https://www.tn.gov/content/dam/tn/tbi/documents/missing-children/USTN_GORMANJordanCheathamCoSO.pdf
I don’t know what to think now - who saw him go in the woods ?

My youngest 2 boys are 8 and 10. I've seen then run out of the house in cold weather with no shoes, or coat, sometimes in shorts. But there is normally a pretty big driving force for them running out like that. Mostly bc of an argument between brothers and what not when I'm out doing chores. So my concern is the reason why he felt the need to flee the house to go anywhere... especially if Mom and Dad are not in the house.

Thats the part that is just not making any sense to me. Im not doubting his parents are good people.

The TBI said it wasn't clear when the first 911 call was placed in Jordan's disappearance, but that a search began for him Sunday afternoon. <snip>

Search crews have focused their efforts on the heavily wooded area along the Cheatham and Davidson County line, where Jordan's parents say he ran off to after a disagreement in their home near Valley View Road.
Search for 9-year-old Jordan Gorman enters day three

SABBM:

I do not like discrepancies.

This is a discrepancy.

If he was last seen by his sister at the "end of the driveway," it does not logically follow that his parents would tell LE that he ran off into a heavily wooded area.

Further, if an adult parent saw a 9-year-old little boy run off into a heavily wooded area in extremely cold temps barefoot and in a t-shirt, presumably that parent would immediately go in pursuit of that child.

JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects
Back