Found Safe TN - Jordan Allen Gorman, 9, Joelton, 15 Nov 2020

Take in consideration that he was barefoot. His run would come to a screeching halt with the first sharper pebble, twig or pine cone he'd step on. He would be barely able to run on a dirt road, barefoot and there is no way he would be running wild across the woods, off roads.

All kids are different. We are pretty much country in this area and I personally grew up going barefoot as much as I could. I could walk/run on gravel, in the woods etc. I don’t let my kids go barefoot as much as I did, but I only wore shoes when we went somewhere. At home I never did.

My youngest 2 boys are 8 and 10. I've seen then run out of the house in cold weather with no shoes, or coat, sometimes in shorts. But there is normally a pretty big driving force for them running out like that. Mostly bc of an argument between brothers and what not when I'm out doing chores. So my concern is the reason why he felt the need to flee the house to go anywhere... especially if Mom and Dad are in the house.

Thats the part that is just not making any sense to me. Im not doubting his parents are good people.

SABBM:

I do not like discrepancies.

This is a discrepancy.

If he was last seen by his sister at the "end of the driveway," it does not logically follow that his parents would tell LE that he ran off into a heavily wooded area.

Further, if an adult parent saw a 9-year-old little boy run off into a heavily wooded area in extremely cold temps barefoot and in a t-shirt, presumably that parent would immediately go in pursuit of that child.

JMO.

There are woods in every direction. Perhaps he ran into the woods beyond the end of the driveway? ETA or to the right or left of the driveway. Their property is literally surrounded by woods.

Last edited:
All kids are different. We are pretty much country in this area and I personally grew up going barefoot as much as I could. I could walk/run on gravel, in the woods etc. I don’t let my kids go barefoot as much as I did, but I only wore shoes when we went somewhere. At home I never did.

Thats exactly how all of my boys have been. If they can get by without shoes, they aren't wearing them. Their soles toughen up the more the go without shoes

SABBM:

I do not like discrepancies.

This is a discrepancy.

If he was last seen by his sister at the "end of the driveway," it does not logically follow that his parents would tell LE that he ran off into a heavily wooded area.

Further, if an adult parent saw a 9-year-old little boy run off into a heavily wooded area in extremely cold temps barefoot and in a t-shirt, presumably that parent would immediately go in pursuit of that child.

JMO.

How do you know they didn't go looking for him on Sunday?

It was not freezing when he ran off. We have had very mild weather for mid-November and the midday temperature was around 65 that day. It got cold that night (37 I believe), but when he ran off it was warm.

My youngest 2 boys are 8 and 10. I've seen then run out of the house in cold weather with no shoes, or coat, sometimes in shorts. But there is normally a pretty big driving force for them running out like that. Mostly bc of an argument between brothers and what not when I'm out doing chores. So my concern is the reason why he felt the need to flee the house to go anywhere... especially if Mom and Dad are in the house.

Thats the part that is just not making any sense to me. Im not doubting his parents are good people.

It was not freezing when he ran off. We have had very mild weather for mid-November and the midday temperature was around 65 that day. It got cold that night (37 I believe), but when he ran off it was warm.
Then its totally something I can see a <modsnip> 9 year old doing if it was those temps. JMHO.
I've seen my own boys do it when there's snow on the ground. Kids dont always stop and think about shoes and coats when they are in the fight or flight mindframe

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats exactly how all of my boys have been. If they can get by without shoes, they aren't wearing them. Their soles toughen up the more the go without shoes
My son won’t wear shoes if he can get away with it
He is 13 nearly 14 now and even when we go walking in the sandunes with sharp fauna and flora plus broken glass hidden etc or if we walk in the wooded area, I have to literally beg him to put shoes on but more often than not, he will bring them but not wear them! I blame myself because until he was fully able to walk and I mean properly without help on any underfoot surface, so at least 18 months old, I refused to let him wear shoes as I didn’t want his feet to be corrupted for the sake of designer footwear that you see on very young kids nowadays !!

I am just now getting caught up on this case. What about the two male foster children in the home? Are they old enough or big enough to have been involved in this child's disappearance? This is not intended to be defamatory or negative about this family. Simply asking a question.

Have you ever tried to run through the woods barefoot?
I have. Despite having soles well accustomed to walking without shoes on the clear ground, walking through the forest was barely possible. Running would not be possible at all. There is just too much of debris that can not only inflict you pain, but also hurt you badly, a good bloodshed included. Ever had your foot impaled on some plant stub, protruding from the ground? Do not recommend, hurts like [censored].

its a technical discrepancy.. I am thinking since they are surrounded by woods that the parents really could only make that assumption (vs. the very rare opportunistic abduction) and that's why the TBI said yesterday they weren't sure what direction he went.
If you see him run out of the house, then sister sees him outside as well, you go out looking for him and can't find him... I think you'd tell the 911 dispatcher that he ran into the woods somewhere and you can't find him.
MOO

Knowing a bit more now I'd like to know who was involved in the disagreement with Jordan.

There are a lot of inconsistencies in this story and I'm not sure if it's just bad reporting or if the story keeps changing.

The reports that LE doesn't know when the 911 call came in cannot be true. All those calls are recorded and digitally logged. They know exactly when the call was placed and who placed it.

There's more to this story and the circumstances surrounding Jordan's disappearance.

MOO

Have you ever tried to run through the woods barefoot?
I have. Despite having soles well accustomed to walking without shoes on the clear ground, walking through the forest was barely possible. Running would not be possible at all. There is just too much of debris that can not only inflict you pain, but also hurt you badly, a good bloodshed included. Ever had your foot impaled on some plant stub, protruding from the ground? Do not recommend, hurts like [censored].

Yes ma’am as I stated in the post you replied to, I always went barefoot and walked/ran around wooded areas, over gravel, etc. If you are not one whom has done I wouldn’t expect you to understand this, but if you go barefoot regularly your soles become tougher and you become more and more able to bear walking over terrain what would make more tender-footed folks cry. I’m not arguing my point anymore, but please believe that my experience as a wild-and-free, hippie-type child is true and not restricted to only myself nor my generation.

Knowing a bit more now I'd like to know who was involved in the disagreement with Jordan.

There are a lot of inconsistencies in this story and I'm not sure if it's just bad reporting or if the story keeps changing.

The reports that LE doesn't know when the 911 call came in cannot be true. All those calls are recorded and digitally logged. They know exactly when the call was placed and who placed it.

There's more to this story and the circumstances surrounding Jordan's disappearance.

MOO

At the beginning reports stated that he left after having a disagreement with his parents.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401
Back