Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that was against her daughters. I believe it was recognizing two grandsons who were caring for him.
That is the way I took it, perhaps because in my own family we recognized a particular family member because they took my grandparents shopping every week and out to lunch once a week, consistently. Everyone helped but he went above and beyond. All MOO

I took it the same way as you.

NEW: Missing Suzanne Morphew investigation narrows on social media activity, Police call for possible witnesses to come forward - Andover Leader

Police in Chaffee County, Colorado, marked the six-month anniversary of Suzanne Morphew’s disappearance with an announcement that the missing person’s investigation remains very active, and a call for anyone familiar with Morphew’s social media activity to come forward.

In the statement, Spezze asked for anyone who interacted with Morphew’s social media accounts Instagram, Facebook, Whatsapp, Facebook messenger, and Voxer to come forward if they had not already, “regardless of how insignificant you think the information may be, or whether you think investigators are already aware of it.”

NEW: Missing Suzanne Morphew investigation narrows on social media activity, Police call for possible witnesses to come forward - Andover Leader

Police in Chaffee County, Colorado, marked the six-month anniversary of Suzanne Morphew’s disappearance with an announcement that the missing person’s investigation remains very active, and a call for anyone familiar with Morphew’s social media activity to come forward.

In the statement, Spezze asked for anyone who interacted with Morphew’s social media accounts Instagram, Facebook, Whatsapp, Facebook messenger, and Voxer to come forward if they had not already, “regardless of how insignificant you think the information may be, or whether you think investigators are already aware of it.”

I notice that there's no timeframe specified....

Which tells me LE is looking for MORE than just her online communication for Mother's Day. They must be piecing together not just a timeline but her voice over time!

It also suggests to me that, unless Suzanne used her phone for EVERYTHING, her personal laptop or tablet must also be missing. Or at least they are unable to map her digital footprints with what they have.

It's going to be illuminating to learn what LE found when they searched the home. And what they didn't find.

Somebody must've had some explaining to do. I can just about imagine how well he did.

A lot of -- Listen! Let me tell yous....

JMO

Sleuthing of the girls is off limits. One is a minor, one is not. One attended college that is not commuter friendly to the home. All other info is unknown.

Thank you. I am aware of that rule. I just always heard of them referred to as "the girls" so I didn't know if they were minors and lived at home or not because they it wasn't clear to me if they were at home on Mother's Day either. Just questions I hadn't heard answers to.

Our WS 'Basement.'
Someone PMed me, asking how to get to basement. For unknown reason, I cannot send PM to respond. Soooooooo,
to get there, must be signed in/logged on, and in 'Forums.'
Scroll waaaaay down to 'Private Forums.'
IIUC, poster was looking for
--- 'Jury Room,' then 'Travis Sidebar Friends' thread, where @Nine posted 'Mechanics' or
--- maybe 'Parking Lot' w 'Scanner Chatter' where ppl can discuss info on LE/emergency radio.
Anyway, hope this helps. Now back to SM.

Last edited:
Missing Colorado Woman Presumed Dead in Father's Obituary

His obituary states that he was preceded in death by "missing and presumed dead, daughter, Suzanne Morphew."

Moorman's family also requested that donations on Gene's behalf go towards domestic violence organizations.

Barry Morphew, Suzanne's husband, was not mentioned in the obituary.
Suzanne's family are practically shouting from the rooftops about what they think happened to her. :(
They want this out in the public.
Hoping for justice soon for the Moorman family !

Thank you. I am aware of that rule. I just always heard of them referred to as "the girls" so I didn't know if they were minors and lived at home or not because they it wasn't clear to me if they were at home on Mother's Day either.
Just questions I hadn't heard answers to.
bbm
Likewise for me as well.

In the TD video, Barry mentions that the girls were expected home that day (Mother's Day); and it has been speculated that BM may have wanted the girls, and not the neighbor-- to 'find out' that Suzanne was missing; as the daughter's panic would have been believable ... whereas Barry's would most definitely not.
It happened that they were running late and so it's assumed BM had the neighbor call 911.
Imo.

Last edited:
More bizarre would be finding an elk in May with a full rack on it. Elk typically shed their antlers much earlier than May. The antlers regrow every year and in May would be emerging, but very small. MOO: this story of a roadkill elk with full rack at Mother's Day doesn't make sense.

Right. The only way it makes sense is if said elk rack was in a freezer of some sort. A freezer that needed to be suddenly emptied? Or a big cooler - which can perhaps no longer be accounted for?

All MOO.

Human remains have been located in the San Luis Valley. According to CBI, "this case does not appear to be connected to the Suzanne Morphew missing person investigation, but all possibilities are being considered."
https://twitter.com/amberjocooper/status/1328819363160477704?s=21
https://twitter.com/amberjocooper/status/1328819363160477704?s=21

It seems likely that the discoveries of remains were a direct result of an ongoing investigation of several persons missing from the San Luis Valley since August. It is currently being called a serial killing investigation. IMO

Possible serial killing in Colorado's San Luis Valley investigated after bodies found | OutThere Colorado

Multiple killings in Colorado's San Luis Valley investigated after remains found

Nov 17, 2020 Updated 29 min ago

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation is looking into multiple killings in the San Luis Valley after the grisly discovery of human remains in Las Sauces, a rural community in the south central part of the state on the New Mexico border.

Investigative sources say the case could involve several people who have been missing since August in the Conejos County area. The search for clues involves five agencies including CBI in coordination with the Monte Vista and Alamosa police departments and the Saguache County Sheriff's Office.

[..]

Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze texted The Denver Gazette that these remains are not connected to the disappearance of Suzanne Morphew, the 49-year-old mother who has been missing since May.

In a Nov. 10 Facebook post acknowledging the six-month anniversary of Morphew’s disappearance, Spezze wrote that the investigation is now interested in anyone who may have contacted Morphew through Facebook, Instagram, Vox or WhatsApp or Facetime.

“In one aspect of the case, the task force continues to focus on Suzanne Morphew’s social media presence as part of the investigation,” he texted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
medievalratattack