GUILTY UK - Louise Smith, 16, Havant, Hampshire, 8 May 2020 *Arrest*

very much reminding me of the case of Rebecca Reusch, 15 year old in Germany went missing during the morning while staying with her sister and brother in law, who was charged but released due to (a staggering) lack of evidence. He had come home in the middle of the night from a work party very drunk and his stories for the next morning did not line up.
She has not been found.
Germany - Germany - Rebecca Reusch, 15, Berlin, 18 Feb 2019 *Arrest*

These cases make me the most sick, I cannot imagine the loss, and beyond that, the struggle to trust anyone ever again.

moo

Obviously everyone parents differently but I personally find 6pm extremely unusual for a 16yr, especially in summer when it gets dark late. I know my teenagers curfew in summer was around 9-10pm depending on where they were and whom they were with. It will be interesting to see the explanation for this early curfew. MOO
We've had so many rule changes it's impossible for me to be sure but I have a feeling we were restricted to only one hour out of our houses exercising at that time. Can anyone else remember? I don't know if the early curfew could have been related to that, to avoid her getting into trouble by being at another house.

We've had so many rule changes it's impossible for me to be sure but I have a feeling we were restricted to only one hour out of our houses exercising at that time. Can anyone else remember? I don't know if the early curfew could have been related to that, to avoid her getting into trouble by being at another house.
I'd totally forgotten we were only allowed out for an hour a day. The exercise restrictions were relaxed on 13 May, announced 10 May.

Boris Johnson speech: PM unveils 'conditional plan' to reopen society

Ah yes, I'd forgotten about that!

Oh dear. I'd forgot about this case and then just saw it pop up in the news again.

from May
Whenever a young girl who happens to be on the pretty side is found, It always seems to be a rape/murder case involving an older man.
Did someone say the police were searching the guys mums house?

Sadly, my intial hunch was correct.

Even when the story first broke and only the female had been arrested, I immediately assumed that it was likely a sexually motivated murder. Likely by him alone.

It seems that when it's a pretty teenage girl in such a case, the answer is basically always staring you in the face :(

RIP

Last edited:
12:53ALEX BOYD
The morning of May 8
Shane Mays was seen on CCTV heading towards a shopping precinct close to Ringwood House at around 11.25am on May 8.

He is seen entering the McColl's newsagents and then a Premier store.

On that morning, Louise sent a selfie on Snapchat with the caption "worst hangover going".

She was also active on her phone at 12.26pm and was still in the area of the flat making plans for the day.

Later on, Shane Mays spoke to an occupant of a grey Renault outside Ringwood House, and appeared to then walk back into the property holding something.

12:56ALEX BOYD
Last message sent by Louise was at 12.49pm on May 8
After being very active on her phone, Louise sent her last message at 12.49pm on May 8.

Her Snapchat geo-location at that time placed her in the vicinity of Ringwood House.

Live updates from court as Louise Smith murder trial begins

10 minutes ago
Louse active on social media in the morning of May 8
Newton-Price, prosecuting, tells the court that Louise Smith had been messaging friends on the morning of the day she went missing.

She told friends that she had the ‘worst hangover going’ and got ‘what she needed’ - presumed to be cannabis.

The last message she sent before she died was at 12.49pm on May 8.

BBM

I am wondering if Shane purpchased cannabis and this was the reason for the two to walk to Havant Thicket.

To try and see a different perspective ...

The 51 phone calls does sound a lot but, if Louise was drinking, smoking weed, rebelling and CJ was very much feeling (and was legally? ) responsible for Louise AND it was lockdown, then I don't find that particularly damning. I privately fostered a friend's son, an extremely difficult teenager, for 4 weeks and was advised by his social worker to keep calling him until he picks up or his battery is nearly dead then he'll come home. CJ is also disabled (I believe) so more reliant on phone contact than someone who's not.

The snapchat photo is only 'creepy' because of what we know now ... by itself, if he was Shane the saint instead of Shane the murderer, it would be just an innocent photo.

As for CJ 'knowing' there was 'something going on' ... no one would want to think that their husband was trying it on with a 16 year old. There would be some undersrandable denial there even if CJ did notice any iffy behaviour and be ... you wouldn't instantly think 'that's not okay' and end your marriage, there'd be a build up to and increasing concern ...

That said ... I think Shane definitely planned something horrific for that day, which is startlingly obvious as he left his phone at home!

He's getting found guilty, unanimously, probably within a very short time of the jury starting deliberations.

As much as this seems like a clear case of murder, especially with the horrible way in which Louise died, I do not think him being accused of murder is such a given.

He has a strong defence team which are no doubt going to play up on his disabilities but I think more worse than that, they are totally going to try and throw Louise and CJ under the bus in some way. They will be going all out to bring it down to manslaughter. That's not a stretch as they just have to sow some doubts in a few of the jourers minds. I hope the jury sees through this.

Another concern is the crime scene pictures of Louise dead body being blanked out. Those pictures would be very impactful. Did the defence team request this or did the jury agree that they did not want to see the body? I doubt the judge would decide that issue. Does anyone know?

Yes it was just one hours on that particular day for exercise! So I suspect that is why CJ imposed that curfew, although she was trying to stop her drinking and smoking weed so that was probably something to do with it as well
Exactly. If my 16 year old was drinking and smoking weed, they’d be on a strict curfew too.

45 minutes ago
Shane Mays has entered the dock

Shane Mays has now entered the dock wearing a blue jumper.

Socially distanced jurors are now taking their seats as proceedings are set to get underway.

22 minutes ago
Forensic evidence

Mr Newton-Price, going through the evidence of a forensic scientist, told the court Louise would have suffered blows to her face causing bleeding - with ‘blood spots’ found on Mays left trainer.

‘The blood spots were consistent with someone punching her many times,’ he said.

DNA found was ‘more than one billion times to have originated from Louise’.

16 minutes ago
Mays denies he murdered Louise to police

The prosecutor said after Mays had been arrested he told police: 'I strongly deny the allegation - I had no involvement in the murder.

‘That’s all I wish to say at present.'

10 minutes ago
Mays ‘changed his story’

Mr Newton-Price said Mays ‘lured’ Louise to a remote location before he attacked her with ‘unimaginable cruelty’ before attempting to cover his tracks so no one would find her.

Summing up the Crown’s opening, the prosecutor said they do not accept the guilty plea to manslaughter. ‘He’s changed his story - he’s changed his plea and said he intended no serious harm,' Mr Newton-Price said.

‘The prosecution seek to prove he is guilty of murder.’

5 minutes ago
Defence admits Mays ‘lost temper’ during attack on Louise

Andrew Langdon QC, defending Mays, said the defendant admitted attacking Louise.

‘He attacked her because of an argument where he lost his temper,’ he told the court.

‘He repeatedly punched her and he accepts the attack would have caused/contributed to her death.'

He added: ‘He did not intent to kill her.’

Louise would have suffered blows to her face causing bleeding - with ‘blood spots’ found on Mays left trainer. ‘The blood spots were consistent with someone punching her many times,’ he said.

I am reading this as he kicked her if the blood spots were on his trainer - or have they just transferred from Louise face ?

He could explain the head injuries with 'losing his temper' but if there's proof of rape I hope the jury sees through it. Moo.

I forgot there was the 1 hour only outdoors rule but seeing as the boyfriend visited several times during the last days they clearly weren't too bothered. Also Shane was out for 3 hours approximately if I remember correctly plus visited his mum too. (Perhaps he also was just testing his eyesight..)

Louise would have suffered blows to her face causing bleeding - with ‘blood spots’ found on Mays left trainer. ‘The blood spots were consistent with someone punching her many times,’ he said.

I am reading this as he kicked her if the blood spots were on his trainer - or have they just transferred from Louise face ?

Sounds to me more as just transferred. Kicking wouldn't be bloodspots imo but patches? MOO

The mystery to me is why she went with him that day. If she had issues with them to the point of looking elsewhere for somewhere else to live urgently, and was hung over and expecting her boyfriend over later that day. Why did she walk off alone with him and without telling anyone else where she was going. Even if they were going to smoke cannabis, surely she had the opportunity to do this elsewhere, although maybe lockdown had limited the opportunity

I think blood spots would be more likely to have fallen on to his shoes,a direct kick might have caused bigger patches of blood.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back