Found Safe TN - Jordan Allen Gorman, 9, Joelton, 15 Nov 2020

Missing Tennessee 9-year-old boy found alive after three day search in woods
From this article: “Jordan's father Aaron Hatt said he hadn't seen his son in 19 months, and then, he saw the news. He and his wife knew they had to come to Cheatham County and interview with investigators.”

Missing Tennessee 9-year-old boy found alive after three day search in woods
From this article: “Aaron Hatt, Jordan's father, told News4 that his son has autism. At the time of his son’s rescue, Jordan was living in Cheatham County with his two siblings and their foster parents, according to Hatt.”
Aaron Hatt said his son was living with his two siblings and their foster parents.
And he lied about that
Reece hasn't had contact with Jordan since he was removed from his biological parents' custody.
(5 or 6 years ago)
Jordan Gorman Amber Alert: Joelton search continues, TBI investigates

There is a legal difference between foster and adoptive parents. If Jorden was adopted by the Gorman's then Aaron Hatt is no longer Jorden's father...he should be referred to as the biological father since there is no longer a legal connection between the two.

Terminating parental rights is considered the death sentence of family courts. It takes a long time and a lot of evidence against the parents for a judge to TPR. IMO and from my personal experience.

There is a legal difference between foster and adoptive parents. If Jorden was adopted by the Gorman's then Aaron Hatt is no longer Jorden's father...he should be referred to as the biological father since there is no longer a legal connection between the two.

Terminating parental rights is considered the death sentence of family courts. It takes a long time and a lot of evidence against the parents for a judge to TPR. IMO and from my personal experience.
We are assuming, because we have been told that Gormans are the adoptive parents and have changed the childrens' surnames to their own..
What we do not know for sure, if it's even relevant is when this adoption occurred.
It's only an issue because the alleged bio father has shown up and there his public statements are in conflict with what has already been reported.
He has also chosen to speak publicly to several media outlets.
The adoptive parents have not.
Do you happen to know whether any records of adoption are in the public domain or do they all belong with CPS or equivalent?

We are assuming, because we have been told that Gormans are the adoptive parents and have changed the childrens' surnames to their own..
What we do not know for sure, if it's even relevant is when this adoption occurred.
It's only an issue because the alleged bio father has shown up and there his public statements are in conflict with what has already been reported.
Do you happen to know whether any records of adoption are in the public domain or do they all belong with CPS or equivalent?
Each state is difference but more than likely the adoption records are sealed. Jorden may be able to obtain his records (original birth certificate) when he is an adult.

I hope Jorden is an adventurous little boy who thought he was camping for a few days. I cannot stand the thought of him being let down by his bio, foster and/or adoptive parents. Breaks my heart for him.

I held out all hope and I'm so glad he's safe now.
LE knows where he belongs and as an adoptee in TN I think he is so lucky to be loved so much.
His autism explains a lot and I'm sure the searchers had this info.
What a happy ending and I hope the biological dad and others back off and let him get the care he needs.
Hoping JAG has a good outcome in his future. He's certainly a survivor IMO.
Chi

"As I got close to the tarp and noticed there was a mass in it, naturally the worst was going through my head initially until the tarp moved and it was just the biggest holy crap, I got him. And it's exactly what I said on the radio," Mathew Reese with the Christian County Rescue Team said. "As soon as I realized he was there, radio backed to these two. Hey, I have him, I have him. Eyes on, hands-on, get up here."
Missing 9-year-old boy found after spending two nights lost in the woods
I really needed a "feel good" story with all the gloom and doom going on.

I think AH just wanted media attention. I guess he loves his biological son, but evidently hasn't been there for him in the past. So don't show up now looking for your 15 minutes of fame. JMO
I agree. All we really know though is that he hasn’t seen his son in a long time. We don’t know though, if he has had contact with Jordan, even if but through the parents.

Where I live, they publish in the Legal Journal a “Notice of Hearing on petition to confirm consent to adoption and terminate parental rights”. Since 2017, actual adoption records are open to the immediate adoption triad only, but not made public, except by court order. AFAIK

(I successfully searched and reunited with my own birth parents many years ago, when records were not open.)

TN adoption records law looks similar. There may be some variation when CPS has been involved, of course.

Adopted Person Information

I don't think foster parents get to change their charges surname to their own.
Oops, didn’t think of that. though...
We only have his name from

Oh, never mind. I’m about as conflicted, unsure and curious with this thread, disappearance, events and media as I’ve been with a case for awhile~since our boy Gannon. I was wrong about most everything there so I’ll just have to be patient. I have no doubt at all TBI will get to the bottom of this story. I just don’t know how much will be published. One thing I know for sure is Jordan is alive, safe and happy at this point in time. Is he still in the hospital?

Oops, didn’t think of that. though...
We only have his name from

Oh, never mind. I’m about as conflicted, unsure and curious with this thread, disappearance, events and media as I’ve been with a case for awhile~since our boy Gannon. I was wrong about most everything there so I’ll just have to be patient. I have no doubt at all TBI will get to the bottom of this story. I just don’t know how much will be published. One thing I know for sure is Jordan is alive, safe and happy at this point in time. Is he still in the hospital?
I don't know where he is.
I wanted a happy picture of him reunited with loving adopted parents.
That didnt happen, yet.
And That's more a measure of my unrealistic expectations and sense of entitlement to a storybook ending than it's realistic.
I'm not sure alleged bio father has his best interests at heart, particularly if 5 years or longer separate them, by gong public when he is not the chief carer.
(new case needed by me)
I'm conscious that our posts here are public and I don't want to say more negative things about anybody involved because it may hurt the beautiful child or cause further pain in his life.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back