Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry if I sounded flip @fcavanaugh :oops: IMO Barry got what he wanted most out of the sale: the proceeds....and he got to keep them all to himself, winner take all. No one else matters, just Barry.

Barry, Barry, Barry!
Oh no not at all @Hair of the Dog, it’s all good, I appreciate you keeping me on my toes :).

ITA!!

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
IMO, also, defense attorneys could have a field day blaming LE had tunnel vision.

MOO, I have to disagree with you on the LE “tunnel vision”. LE has undoubtedly followed the evidence provided by BM’s GPS, phone pings, his Bob Cat and evidence planted by him. If we were dealing with Barney Fife, I’d take your suggestion as a serious thought, but not with CBI & FBI involved from the get go! This isn’t their first rodeo when it comes to murdered wives/partner in Colorado. The PP home was a crime scene, 11 day search during the first SW, with a rare follow-up 2nd SW. Judges don’t pass those out like candy, so I’ve read and heard.

all of course MOO & my 2cents.

MOO, I have to disagree with you on the LE “tunnel vision”. LE has undoubtedly followed the evidence provided by BM’s GPS, phone pings, his Bob Cat and evidence planted by him. If we were dealing with Barney Fife, I’d take your suggestion as a serious thought, but not with CBI & FBI involved from the get go! This isn’t their first rodeo when it comes to murdered wives/partner in Colorado. The PP home was a crime scene, 11 day search during the first SW, with a rare follow-up 2nd SW. Judges don’t pass those out like candy, so I’ve read and heard.

IMO, you misunderstood my post intent, but so be it. Carry on.

Sometimes an attorney throws anything and everything at the wall hoping something sticks. It isn't because they necessarily believe it to be true, it is just part of their job trying to sow the seeds of mistrust to deflect blame away from their client. Norm Pattis, Fotis Dulos' attorney comes to mind. MOO

BBM:

I think that entire relationship was one-sided.

I've said it before:

One thing BM and SM shared was the fact that they were both in love with the same person.

JMO.

Ha! A great line, and observation.... Yes I agree that life, projects, work, was ALL about Barry, you can just feel it. I also feel his looks somewhat deteriorated MOO and the "dark web" inferences might surprise some... just sayin.

I'm sorry if I sounded flip @fcavanaugh :oops: IMO Barry got what he wanted most out of the sale: the proceeds....and he got to keep them all to himself, winner take all. No one else matters, just Barry.

Barry, Barry, Barry!
Ita.
I think when this case is concluded and hopefully Suzanne is located... her spouses' behavior will point to motive.

The San Luis Valley serial killing investigation is still collecting and cataloging evidence, and has not even begun attempt to identify any of the 3 deceased individuals. In fact, LE has not yet determined the sex of any of the victims.
There are 13 persons currently missing from the valley that disappeared within the age of the suspect. 5 are female and 8 are male. 1 is from 2007, 1 from 2014, and 10 are from 2016 to 2020. 1 is from Rio Grande county, 2 are from Saguache county, 4 from Costilla county and 6 from Alamosa county. Looking just beyond the valley, SM would be to the north and to the south there are two highly publicized missing women from Taos, New Mexico to consider. So, SM has not been eliminated, but simply is not within the scope of the investigation at this time.
The estimate given was that searching would continue for at least another week, and identification could take months.
IMO
San Luis Valley Missing Persons

SM may not be 100% eliminated, but Chris Schaefer of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation said there is absolutely no indication that the missing persons case of Suzanne Morphew is connected to this case.

Suspect — nicknamed 'Psycho' — wanted after remains of 3 people found in Conejos County

Curious also as to the answer...POA should work, she was not declared deceased.
If giving BM "guardianship" was necessary to complete the transaction why wouldn't the POA be valid?
Point remains he didn't get guardianship because she was dead but "incapacitated". That is exactly why people have a POA, (in case they are unable to perform.) IANAL

Perhaps he wanted guardianship to eventually access other assets, for that matter how is he selling Puma Path?
bbm
So, BM having POA wasn't enough.
Wonder why the courts felt it necessary to compel him to request "guardianship" ?
As in, there was no way on earth BM was going to be able to prove Suzanne was 'incapacitated'.

The courts in IN had to take him at his word.
Curious about which judge thought that was fine.

IANAL; but if I were that judge, I would've told BM he couldn't just waltz in and say--(paraphrased by me); "LISTEN, my wife is incapacitated so I need guardianship to sell this property plus any other assets in her name only. Capiche ? "

If as it was stated in earlier threads, the oldest daughter signed consent for BM-- again if I was the judge or lawyer granting BM access to funds that weren't in his name -- I'd want to speak to that daughter without BM present.
If he refused to allow anyone to speak to her, then no guardianship.
There's probably a good reason why the girls have been silent about the disappearance and possible death of their mother; they're not to blame for being to fearful to speak out-- if that's the reason.
They're victims as well, in the cruelest possible circumstances.

Imo.

IMO, also, defense attorneys could have a field day blaming LE had tunnel vision.

If I'm understanding you correctly; I think you meant the attorneys who will be fighting for their precious client , Barry.
And yes-- they will say anything including smearing Suzanne's good name !
I feel for the Moorman family. :(

Speculation :
What IF the lawyer lies, and says "Well, look, Suzanne's own mother in law said Suzanne was friendly towards a construction employee assisting with the work done in their yard. So what does that tell you ?"

With nothing of course to back it up except BM's mom's 'say so'.
Or any other gag-inducing reason.

As far as facts, we know from the TD video she was with BM moving the truck when TD was trying to talk to BM.
Circling the wagons.
Imo.

Sometimes an attorney throws anything and everything at the wall hoping something sticks. It isn't because they necessarily believe it to be true, it is just part of their job trying to sow the seeds of mistrust to deflect blame away from their client. Norm Pattis, Fotis Dulos' attorney comes to mind. MOO
Oh yes, NP, remember him and his fairy tales well!

bbm
So, BM having POA wasn't enough.
Wonder why the courts felt it necessary to compel him to request "guardianship" ?
As in, there was no way on earth BM was going to be able to prove Suzanne was 'incapacitated'.

The courts in IN had to take him at his word.
Curious about which judge thought that was fine.

IANAL; but if I were that judge, I would've told BM he couldn't just waltz in and say--(paraphrased by me); "LISTEN, my wife is incapacitated so I need guardianship to sell this property plus any other assets in her name only. Capiche ? "

If as it was stated in earlier threads, the oldest daughter signed consent for BM-- again if I was the judge or lawyer granting BM access to funds that weren't in his name -- I'd want to speak to that daughter without BM present.
If he refused to allow anyone to speak to her, then no guardianship.
There's probably a good reason why the girls have been silent about the disappearance and possible death of their mother; they're not to blame for being to fearful to speak out-- if that's the reason.
They're victims as well, in the cruelest possible circumstances.

Imo.

EXCELLENT POST!!!!!

Thank you @LietKynes

FYI, there's a new documentary on HBO called "Murder on Middle Beach" that is actually filmed by the son of a woman who was murdered in 2010 in Connecticut. His father was/is a prime suspect in her death. I'm only one episode in (I think the next one airs this weekend), but it's an interesting perspective of a teenager/young man whose parent was murdered (and case unsolved) and whose living parent is still inside the circle of suspicion (the son talks openly in the first episode re: the awkwardness with his father). I found myself thinking of SMs girls while watching (the son was 18 when the murder occurred) - it's a great insight, IMO, into the mind of a teenager dealing with the internal conflict of the grief associated with having a parent murdered and the frustration/inner turmoil of coping with the other being a suspect. Not looking to start a discussion, as it's not allowed, but would encourage those who have the time to check it out. MOO.

IMO, you misunderstood my post intent, but so be it. Carry on.

I understood the intent (at least I think I do). Please correct me if I’m wrong. IF the authorities had named BM as a POI, or constantly gave press releases that put him in their crosshairs, or didn’t say that they continue to explore all avenues, the defense would have a field day.

Family members, social media, MSM, and all others can scream from the rooftops that Barry did this. The only thing that matters is that LE puts a case together that shows zero bias on their part. Prosecutors have to show that they investigated every single thing and every possible alternate scenario, beyond a reasonable doubt, and they have their man.

Sorry, I am not buying that line from the hotel. Management does not always know what the staff is doing for starters, and chlorine based products were the lead disinfectant being used in the first few months of the COVID outbreak. Few other agents were known to kill the virus. Some individuals do disgusting things in hotel rooms and staff are forced to use what is available to clean up. There was a TV report (20-20 if I remember correctly) a few years back that checked random hotel rooms for body fluid evidence and found a disturbing amount, including bloody mattresses that were simply flipped over. My opinion is the hotel did not want the negative public attention with business being as bad as it has been.

The following post will contain my individual opinions based on my personal experiences and observations from 20+ years in the bar/restaurant industry (some of which was within a hotel environment)... including March ---> May 2020.

Long story short:

I believe the hotel when they say they were not using chlorine bleach to sanitize for Covid. They were likely better stocked with the industrial grade cleaning products they would've needed to comply with what was mandated in order to stay open for business.

Long story long:
Hotels in general have a lot in common with restaurants when it comes health and safety standards and compliance procedures. There are Industry-specific advisory boards which provide entities under their umbrella with continuously updated news and study results along with the corresponding changes to "best practices" which occur as a result. While there may be some slight variations in policy state to state (LA and TX being my wheelhouse, not CO) - I'd imagine it would have been in a hotel's best interest to keep up with these mandates as [IME] compliance was required in order to stay in business. Here is an example of a Hotel Advisory Board Covid Compliance Guideline Update (PDF) released in June 2020. Within this document there is a link to all EPA-approved cleaning products that comply with the CDC standards and protocols.
A corporate entity will often have an industry expert vendor under contract for all the "chemical" products required by their subsidiaries and the usage/best practices are determined at a corporate level. The expert vendor is responsible for making sure the products supplied are in compliance on behalf of their clients.
Ecolab and Auto-chlor are examples of these vendors... Each of which have their own line of products for specific areas of cleaning/sanitizing... Laundry, bathrooms, food prep, dishwashing, etc... These products are industrial grade and are not available for purchase by the general public at a retail outlet. Their usage is for specific applications and dilution is set to one specific ratio. Here's an array of Auto-Chlor disinfecting products. None of them look like store-bought bleach... nor do they smell like it.
Another major difference between these industrial grade products and the commercial grade products for public purchase as the Covid shutdowns began - AVAILABILITY. When the Covid shutdown began - There was a run on cleaning products at retail stores... Bleach in all forms, Lysol, Mr. Clean, etc... were out of stock and no ETA for the products' return.
Corporations with expert vendors under contract didn't experience the same supply issues that those without them did. Resources on hand were immediately tallied and rationed across their client list and assessments made for production of certain product lines going forward. My "boots on the ground" experience in Texas during March 2020 - Our vendor representative set up a meeting with FOH and BOH management where he explained that "cosmetic" variations of certain product lines had their production suspended in order to allow for expedited production of universal "baseline" products in order to meet demand. We were given an updated product sheet for our location and recommended par level adjustments as well as product usage "spec sheets" for anything that employees needed to be advised upon.
Inspections were frequent and comprehensive in order to remain open for business. These were done by trained Health Department officials who would be on the lookout for evidence of sanitization "freelancing"... The smell of bleach would be a dead giveaway and invite further scrutiny. Therefor - I believe them when they say they weren't using it.

ETA:
Had I continues reading ahead - I see you have covered many of the points I was trying to make... and you did so in a far more concise fashion. Cheers!

Last edited:
SM may not be 100% eliminated, but Chris Schaefer of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation said there is absolutely no indication that the missing persons case of Suzanne Morphew is connected to this case.

Suspect — nicknamed 'Psycho' — wanted after remains of 3 people found in Conejos County

Interesting items from these articles:

1. They have found at least three bodies.

2. The bodies were found in burn pits.

IMO it would be impossible for LE to connect any of these bodies to anything at this point. Also, what they have discovered to date could be even more than 3 bodies and they could discover more in the coming days....IMO.

Also, the suspect in that matter is 26. IMO his range of killing would go back 8-10 years at the most if this is a serial case...IMO.

Interesting items from these articles:

1. They have found at least three bodies.

2. The bodies were found in burn pits.

IMO it would be impossible for LE to connect any of these bodies to anything at this point. Also, what they have discovered to date could be even more than 3 bodies and they could discover more in the coming days....IMO.

Also, the suspect in that matter is 26. IMO his range of killing would go back 8-10 years at the most if this is a serial case...IMO.

The last time law enforcement was confident that a badly decomposed body was not Suzanne, was because it ended up being male.

Articles have mentioned victims being missing since August, and there’s been a woman mentioned in connection to those bodies.

Ominously, this missing woman is friends with several of this guy’s relatives on Facebook. So it appears he may have killed people that he knew.

The last time law enforcement was confident that a badly decomposed body was not Suzanne, was because it ended up being male.

Articles have mentioned victims being missing since August, and there’s been a woman mentioned in connection to those bodies.

Ominously, this missing woman is friends with several of this guy’s relatives on Facebook. So it appears he may have killed people that he knew.

IMO the LE task force is still trying to determine if the killings are "business" or serial. If it is the former, most of the bodies will be known by the suspect. If it is the later, some of the bodies may be known to the suspect and some may not be.

Either way the crime scene currently being investigated looks like a little piece of hell...IMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member