Found Safe TN - Jordan Allen Gorman, 9, Joelton, 15 Nov 2020

I think AH just wanted media attention. I guess he loves his biological son, but evidently hasn't been there for him in the past. So don't show up now looking for your 15 minutes of fame. JMO

Exactly my thoughts! Frankly if I were the Gormans I would be frightened at the fact that the bio parents now know where the kids are. Apparently they didn’t know the kids’ location before this happened — and I feel certain that was on purpose and for good reason. IMO/MOO

Experts said his chances of survival were less than 1%

“Because the temperatures were low, that gives them the ability to employ things like Flir capability and technology, but as the days go by, as his body temperature drops, the ability to capture their heat signature diminishes as well,” said Quin.
Experts: Jordan Gorman defied the odds

Good day everyone. Will some kind member that subscribes the Tennessean share the general rundown? It’s the latest from less than an hour ago.
Name of article:
The Tennessean
What’s next for Jordan Gorman, parents after missing TN boy's ...
It’s for subscribers only.

Last edited:
Good day everyone. Will some kind member that subscribes the Tennessean share the general rundown? It’s the latest from less than an hour ago.
Name of article:
The Tennessean
Dudes?? This seriously truly is a miracle. From article

Dr. Michele Walsh, medical director of the pediatric emergency department at the Monroe Carrell Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, said Thursday that the child’s case is “remarkable,” and unusual, especially considering the length of time he was out in the cold, exposed to the elements.

She hasn’t heard of any other cases like it during her 20 years in medicine.

“Even from an adult’s perspective, I’d be scared,” Walsh said. “Think how you'd feel if you haven’t eaten all day, or if you’ve been outside, watching your kids’ sporting events during the fall when it gets cold at night. If you’re just out there for an hour, you’re miserable, and that’s a short-term situation. Imagine it magnified by (two) days.

“He had something bigger looking out for him. He’s a lucky little guy.”

Jordan was said to be in good spirits, despite being cold and hungry, when he was found by rescuers earlier this week. He regaled them with tales from the forest, remarking on the time three bucks passed by his tarp, officials said.

THIS!!!
On Tuesday, he was taken from the TBI’s command post near his Joelton-area home to a local hospital.

Cheatham County Sheriff Mike Breedlove said late Wednesday that the boy remained in state custody while the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI) and the Department of Children’s Services (DCS) continued to investigate the circumstances surrounding his disappearance.
STRANGER and stranger
In an email late Wednesday evening, TBI spokesman Josh DeVine said there were no new details to release in the case. And DCS has declined to comment, citing state confidentiality laws.

At the Gorman home Wednesday, a woman who refused to give her name said she was acting as the family’s spokeswoman. They are refusing all media requests for interviews, she said.

<ADMIN NOTE: Direct quotes from paywalled artiles are not allowed. Edited to add the google cached version of the article>:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dudes?? This seriously truly is a miracle. From article

Dr. Michele Walsh, medical director of the pediatric emergency department at the Monroe Carrell Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, said Thursday that the child’s case is “remarkable,” and unusual, especially considering the length of time he was out in the cold, exposed to the elements.

She hasn’t heard of any other cases like it during her 20 years in medicine.

“Even from an adult’s perspective, I’d be scared,” Walsh said. “Think how you'd feel if you haven’t eaten all day, or if you’ve been outside, watching your kids’ sporting events during the fall when it gets cold at night. If you’re just out there for an hour, you’re miserable, and that’s a short-term situation. Imagine it magnified by (two) days.

“He had something bigger looking out for him. He’s a lucky little guy.”

Jordan was said to be in good spirits, despite being cold and hungry, when he was found by rescuers earlier this week. He regaled them with tales from the forest, remarking on the time three bucks passed by his tarp, officials said.

THIS!!!
On Tuesday, he was taken from the TBI’s command post near his Joelton-area home to a local hospital.

Cheatham County Sheriff Mike Breedlove said late Wednesday that the boy remained in state custody while the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI) and the Department of Children’s Services (DCS) continued to investigate the circumstances surrounding his disappearance.
STRANGER and stranger
In an email late Wednesday evening, TBI spokesman Josh DeVine said there were no new details to release in the case. And DCS has declined to comment, citing state confidentiality laws.

At the Gorman home Wednesday, a woman who refused to give her name said she was acting as the family’s spokeswoman. They are refusing all media requests for interviews, she said.
I’m so relieved our little Miracle boy is given this extra special attention from DCS. Man oh man, we gotta give it up to the big man upstairs. Jorden is extraordinary. Unique! Mark my words, someday there’s gonna be a movie based on this miracle.

I’m speechless. Ok, I’m over that now. I should keep my mouth shut. But I can’t. A major personal flaw. DCS and the State took the proper action considering this has made the news world wide. Not only that, his parents are under invasive scrutiny right now. They have been for five days now. If there is no issue, let’s get it on the table, investigate thoroughly and publicly clear these folks and return Jorden home.

If problems are found otherwise, demand supervision and monitoring with strict guidelines. If that doesn’t solve the problem, let the state and the family courts handle it.
*eta: imo

Last edited:
I’m so relieved our little Miracle boy is given this extra special attention from DCS. Man oh man, we gotta give it up to the big man upstairs. Jorden is extraordinary. Unique! Mark my words, someday there’s gonna be a movie based on this miracle.

I’m speechless. Ok, I’m over that now. I should keep my mouth shut. But I can’t. A major personal flaw. DCS and the State took the proper action considering this has made the news world wide. Not only that, his parents are under invasive scrutiny right now. They have been for five days now. If there is no issue, let’s get it on the table, investigate thoroughly and publicly clear these folks and return Jorden home.

If problems are found otherwise, demand supervision and monitoring with strict guidelines. If that doesn’t solve the problem, let the state and the family courts handle it.
To give them the benefit of the doubt, it is conceivable that they are protecting their privacy for the sake of the children they have adopted, poster mentioned bio parents are not aware or not meant to be aware of location of children following adoptions. NOW, that is a mere speculation on my part.

The second possibility is that they are upset because of the interrogations they received, rightfully, from LE and LE actually referenced that when they made the joyful announcement.

It suggests a hostility exists and we can only hope that has never been extended to the children in their care.
My own impression is that something might have been wrong in that home for wee Jordan.

I do believe it's a miracle though... and when hard nosed professionals are saying the same thing we gotta take it on board.
Next time in a missing persons case, I'll pray more and I'll pray harder, whether I have faith or not at the time.

I think TBI and Sheriff office people really loved little Jordan. They were chuffed at his appearance. I always thought they had good hearts throughout and their pressers were warm and friendly, they didn't tell us much but they told us all they could.

I reckon they will see to it that he gets the most loving home available to him.
I wanted to say that .
I wouldn't be surprised if they visit him.

I think TBI and Sheriff office people really loved little Jordan. They were chuffed at his appearance. I always thought they had good hearts throughout and their pressers were warm and friendly, they didn't tell us much but they told us all they could.

I reckon they will see to it that he gets the most loving home available to him.
I wanted to say that .
I wouldn't be surprised if they visit him.
He’s a little rainbow miracle for sure. Jorden was the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I’ll remember this thread for a long time. I have to smile to myself every time I think of the joy in my heart when @MassGuy blew us away with the news. I was elated. I haven’t felt like that in a long time.
upload_2020-11-19_16-31-34.jpeg

He’s a little rainbow miracle for sure. Jorden was the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I’ll remember this thread for a long time. I have to smile to myself every time I think of the joy in my heart when @MassGuy blew us away with the news. I was elated. I haven’t felt like that in a long time.
View attachment 272505
I couldn't believe it, Ijustcouldn't.
And the tension the night before, I doubt if any of us slept at all.
Great teamwork from absolutely everyone involved.

Name of article:
The Tennessean
I don't subscribe and it opened easily for me.
It wasn't paywalled.
I think they advertised a longer article that was paywalled though.

deleted by me

Last edited:
It has been asked why Jordan stayed in one place and was not trying to find home. Perhaps he was taught to do this. When I was young, my parents drilled into my head that if I were ever to get lost, I should stay put and wait for them to find me. They promised they always would. To me, this makes a ton of sense. If the child continues to wander while people are looking for him, it is more likely he will be missed.

It has been asked why Jordan stayed in one place and was not trying to find home. Perhaps he was taught to do this. When I was young, my parents drilled into my head that if I were ever to get lost, I should stay put and wait for them to find me. They promised they always would. To me, this makes a ton of sense. If the child continues to wander while people are looking for him, it is more likely he will be missed.

Just saw this in the news - his adoptive mother and step brother are being charged with child abuse - Jordan was trying to get away from the abuse at his home. So sad, poor kid.

Adoptive mother, brother of Tennessee boy charged with child abuse after he went missing | Daily Mail Online

The adoptive mother and brother of a nine-year-old boy who ran away to flee alleged abuse at their hands have been both charged with child abuse, WKRN reports.

Colette Gorman and her biological son Alvin Jensen were arrested for the charges in Cheatham County on Wednesday, according to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

Gorman, 66, was the adoptive mother of Jordan Gorman, who was reported missing back in November 2020.

An investigation into the family showed that Gorman and Jensen often mistreated her adopted children, with Jordan fleeing the home to escape the abuse, according to WKRN.

The outlet reports that a Cheatham County grand jury indicted Gorman on six counts of aggravated child abuse, neglect and endangerment, while Jensen was hit with one count of the same offense.

Cheatham County Sheriff Mike Breedlove described the allegations and subsequent child abuse charges among the worst he’s seen in his law enforcement career, saying the abuse appeared to have gone on for a long time before expressing relief over the relatively happy ending over the boy's safe return.

'There was quite a bit of evidence that there was quite a bit of physical abuse occurring in the household over a period of time…that was one of these cases had such a happy ending. We were able to locate and bring him back, but with that it opened up whole another level of investigation,' the sheriff told News 2.

It's still unclear as of Thursday morning where Jordan will be placed following the arrests of his foster mother and brother

Wow I just read this whole thread (including Spellbound's thread - heartbreaking) today. What a terrible situation. The abuse sounds like it was just horrific. I hope little Jordan never had to return and is safe and happy. Collette looks terrifying and evil.

The posters here were so spot on with their doubts, even with a happy ending.

Since the Amber Alert last fall, Katie and Aaron say they are working to regain custody of Jordan and his two other siblings, but COVID set back proceedings with DCS.

“We have slowly been trying to get involved with them and hopefully take steps because of course anyone who has children or has been around them a lot you know you can’t just step back in and say, “I’m mom, I’m dad”,” Katie says.

College Gorman faces six counts of child abuse while Jensen only faces one.

Father speaks after Cheatham County adoptive mother is charged with child abuse

+3
upload_2021-9-11_9-45-32.png
TBI: Mom, son face child abuse charges after 2020 Amber Alert
A mother and her biological son in Cheatham County are facing child abuse charges after a 2020 AMBER Alert.

Since the Amber Alert last fall, Katie and Aaron say they are working to regain custody of Jordan and his two other siblings, but COVID set back proceedings with DCS.

“We have slowly been trying to get involved with them and hopefully take steps because of course anyone who has children or has been around them a lot you know you can’t just step back in and say, “I’m mom, I’m dad”,” Katie says.

College Gorman faces six counts of child abuse while Jensen only faces one.

Father speaks after Cheatham County adoptive mother is charged with child abuse

+3
View attachment 312186
TBI: Mom, son face child abuse charges after 2020 Amber Alert
A mother and her biological son in Cheatham County are facing child abuse charges after a 2020 AMBER Alert.

Thanks Jo, thing is geoblocked, unfortunately.
How's our brave Jordan?
Happier and safer elsewhere I hope.

He had no choice but to run away..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member