Welcome to Hawkshaw's Grudge Report

When Melissa was shot a big question was were they going to release the videotape of the guy shooting him and driving off in his Jeep. I heard they got more than they bargained for when someone saw it

Well, it's been six years since that shooting, right? How many people were targeting GM... too many to count?

Posted in other threads, too........

MY OPINION. It is bleak, at best.

Suffolk County administration, law enforcement and prosecution succumbed to and then both ignored and nurtured corruption, coverup, nepotism, illegal activity within ranks for many years prior to the SG/GB4 tragedy. It has been scarcely different than a mafioso family-type enterprise for decades. Much of this is the result of the extent to which politics plays into LE and prosecutorial leadership and administration in the County.

Are Suffolk County politics any different than other NYS counties? I have no clue as the point of comparing or evaluating county processes was not in my realm of interest. My interest being strictly why these cases, more generally referred to as LISK, have languished for so long and been shrouded in secrecy, misinformation, and suspicion.

I believe that Suffolk County officials are now entirely incapable of solving the various deaths discovered following SG’s disappearance. I am confident there are good public servants eager and willing to bring these cases to resolution. However, the taint and stench of previous ‘direction’ (I cannot bring myself to call it ‘leadership’) and the elite protectionism previously abundant, render these good peoples’ best intentions as impotent and likely resisted by persons and corrupt culture still embedded. Unlikely to be able to charge and convict, why should those well intended parties risk their pensions? As long as the Suffolk body politic has reign over LE and prosecutorial leadership and administration, justice in Suffolk County will never be blind.

Why has nothing been resolved? Suffolk County LE and prosecution did not want a comprehensive and full on investigation for fear it would expose all the other ‘incidents’ and ‘issues’ and ‘involvements’ incumbent upon their “administration” – all their activities outside of the law. The thread of illegal activity is woven through Suffolk business and citizenry as well as LE, prosecution, and public office. That thread was and likely still is widespread. SG, GB4 and the other human remains are but ‘chapters’ in an otherwise larger ‘book’ of misuse and abuse of power. Any (re)solution to these horrible, horrible crimes will require entirely external investigation totally unencumbered or influenced by Suffolk County officials and politics.

Federal action – grand juries, indictments, subpoenas, leveraged admissions, non-prosecution agreements for testimony, and given the age of the crimes now perhaps even ‘yet to be developed’ forensic capabilities – is necessary for any hope to legitimately solve LISK.

The elapse of time sans aggressive and uninhibited investigation is in itself problematic. Was all the crucial crime scene evidence collected? Has that evidence been appropriately tracked and accounted for? Does it all even still exist? Many witnesses related to both corruption and SG are now deceased or departed the county. Memories are faded. Recollection more difficult.

My belief and fear is that justice for the so called LISK victims and their families may never be served.

@hawkshaw I know you saw the article re the unsealing of much of the evidence from the Spota trial. Curious what all is in there. Probably a fair amount, especially to anyone with a little familiarity. Never broached the Melius shooting with you either. I haven't dug that far.

One cartoon character is now raising money to make a run for governor

Zeldin? What a joke.....and bring all the Suffolk County corruption cesspool with him. Maybe he can give Burke and Spota jobs in Albany. My money is on Andrew Giuliani, his father cleaned up this city and was not afraid to go up against the mafia.

In 1989 at the conclusion of a corruption investigation the chairman of that organization (SIC) said if something isn't done to fix this NOW it risks infecting the entire justice system,
Zeldin? What a joke.....and bring all the Suffolk County corruption cesspool with him. Maybe he can give Burke and Spota jobs in Albany. My money is on Andrew Giuliani, his father cleaned up this city and was not afraid to go up against the mafia.
I meant Bellone being the cartoon character

Posted in other threads, too........

MY OPINION. It is bleak, at best.

Suffolk County administration, law enforcement and prosecution succumbed to and then both ignored and nurtured corruption, coverup, nepotism, illegal activity within ranks for many years prior to the SG/GB4 tragedy. It has been scarcely different than a mafioso family-type enterprise for decades. Much of this is the result of the extent to which politics plays into LE and prosecutorial leadership and administration in the County.

Are Suffolk County politics any different than other NYS counties? I have no clue as the point of comparing or evaluating county processes was not in my realm of interest. My interest being strictly why these cases, more generally referred to as LISK, have languished for so long and been shrouded in secrecy, misinformation, and suspicion.

I believe that Suffolk County officials are now entirely incapable of solving the various deaths discovered following SG’s disappearance. I am confident there are good public servants eager and willing to bring these cases to resolution. However, the taint and stench of previous ‘direction’ (I cannot bring myself to call it ‘leadership’) and the elite protectionism previously abundant, render these good peoples’ best intentions as impotent and likely resisted by persons and corrupt culture still embedded. Unlikely to be able to charge and convict, why should those well intended parties risk their pensions? As long as the Suffolk body politic has reign over LE and prosecutorial leadership and administration, justice in Suffolk County will never be blind.

Why has nothing been resolved? Suffolk County LE and prosecution did not want a comprehensive and full on investigation for fear it would expose all the other ‘incidents’ and ‘issues’ and ‘involvements’ incumbent upon their “administration” – all their activities outside of the law. The thread of illegal activity is woven through Suffolk business and citizenry as well as LE, prosecution, and public office. That thread was and likely still is widespread. SG, GB4 and the other human remains are but ‘chapters’ in an otherwise larger ‘book’ of misuse and abuse of power. Any (re)solution to these horrible, horrible crimes will require entirely external investigation totally unencumbered or influenced by Suffolk County officials and politics.

Federal action – grand juries, indictments, subpoenas, leveraged admissions, non-prosecution agreements for testimony, and given the age of the crimes now perhaps even ‘yet to be developed’ forensic capabilities – is necessary for any hope to legitimately solve LISK.

The elapse of time sans aggressive and uninhibited investigation is in itself problematic. Was all the crucial crime scene evidence collected? Has that evidence been appropriately tracked and accounted for? Does it all even still exist? Many witnesses related to both corruption and SG are now deceased or departed the county. Memories are faded. Recollection more difficult.

My belief and fear is that justice for the so called LISK victims and their families may never be served.

I THINK you pretty much got it Gray Shadow. If memory serves me right I think you are not even from NY and seem to understand better than most that live on LI.

I THINK you pretty much got it Gray Shadow. If memory serves me right I think you are not even from NY and seem to understand better than most that live on LI.

True, Hawk. Colorado. Not sure I deserve such kudos but thanks.

Hey, I know someone who now lives in Colorado. This person is another victim of Spota and his team. Made some money from the lawsuit and bought a spread out there.

When I have the time I will write an analysis of what I THINK happened in the GILGO case and why I think Lt. Fitzpatrick can give a lot insight into what really happened.

I would suggest my fellow Sleuthers keep one thing in mind when lookingarbageg at the case no matter what your theories are: LOOK for a BURKE connection under every garbage can, rock, sewer pipes, toilet bowl, and I mean EVERYTHING!!!
Hi, Hawkshaw! Did you ever get to writing more on Fitzpatrick? I always look forward to your posts and have recently been reading back on these older threads.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back