Found Deceased NY - Dr. Tamara Saukin, 44, Staten Island, 18 Nov 2020

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
No signs of foul play at this time in case of missing S.I. doctor, source says

IXSIAPAG2JCWRISJECH7MVH6KI.JPG

[...]

Police helicopters hovered over Clove Lakes Park Friday morning searching for Tamara Saukin of Emerson Hill, who was last seen at the park on Wednesday at around 6:30 a.m. while she was going for her daily walk, police previously said.

Police officers and helicopters were also searching along the shore lines, according to emergency radio transmissions.

[...]

Saukin held a family medicine practice in Grant City until Oct. 9, when “due to unforeseen circumstances,” she temporarily withdrew from the practice of medicine, she told her patients in a letter dated Oct. 20 and obtained by the Advance/SILive.com.

On her Facebook page, Saukin said she had to withdraw from her practice because of “family issues.”

[...]

“She was the closest to a small town doctor you could have. She and her office staff were great. Talking to her was like speaking to a close friend. My prayers are out to her,” another one added.

She was a retired national competitive figure skater and former college track athlete, according to her website.

Saukin was last seen wearing a brown jacket, black leggings and pink sneakers and is described as 5-feet, 10-inches tall, weighing 130 pounds, police said.

Anyone with information in regard to this case is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782). The public can also submit tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM, or on Twitter @NYPDTips. All calls are strictly confidential.

NYPD 122nd Precinct on Twitter

EnON-tzXIAQARwI

Clove Lakes Park: خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Last edited by a moderator:
NYS Professions - Online Verifications

License Information *

11/21/2020
Name : SAUKIN TAMARA ANNA MARIE
Address : STATEN ISLAND NY
Profession : MEDICINE
License No: 241180
Date of Licensure : 07/24/2006
Additional Qualification :
LICENSE SURRENDERED
Registered through last day of :
Medical School:
ALBANY MEDICAL COLLEGE Degree Date : 05/24/2001

Online Verification Searches:Help with Online Verifications

• Individuals: To practice within New York State, a professional must be licensed and REGISTERED. When a professional informs the Department at the time of reregistration that he or she will not be practicing in New York, the record is marked INACTIVE as of the start of the next registration period. If a registration has lapsed without explanation, the record is marked NOT REGISTERED. If the Department has received reliable notice of the death of a licensee, that record is marked DECEASED. If the license is rescinded due to an error in issuing the license, the record is marked LICENSE RESCINDED. If the license is currently suspended, revoked, or has been surrendered pursuant to disciplinary action, the record is marked LICENSE SUSPENDED, LICENSE REVOKED, or LICENSE SURRENDERED.

<modsnip>I have a feeling this gorgeous, super smart doctor may have been in a downward spiral of sorts. Seems like in almost exactly a years time things have been... unsound in her life.
Yes, this sounds like a downward spiral, and likely started with that horrible car incident. I have theories here, but they really don’t matter. Let us hope she is recovered soon.
Prayers for all those who love her. Very very sad.

amateur opinion and speculation

I am only noting how license surrender works in SOME CASES- so please do not read anything into it more than that:

Typically, medical/ nursing/ healthcare licenses are surrendered voluntarily in order to prevent a licensing board from taking disciplinary action against that license.

I am only noting how license surrender works in SOME CASES- so please do not read anything into it more than that:

Typically, medical/ nursing/ healthcare licenses are surrendered voluntarily in order to prevent a licensing board from taking disciplinary action against that license.
Yes. And I think a high percentage of those surrenders are for one cause.

amateur opinion and speculation

Facebook: Tamara Saukin, MD, DABFM - Family Practitioner

Dr. Tamara Saukin, MD | Staten Island, NY | Healthgrades
Biography
Accepted to Harvard University and valedictorian from Midwood High School, Dr. Saukin went to an accelerated program being accepted to medical school right out of high school at Union College where she double majored in economics and biology and then Albany medical College. A national retired figure skater and college track athlete, Dr. Saukin is also an accomplished classical guitarist for 16 years having studied at the elite Mannes College of Music.

No signs of foul play at this time in case of missing S.I. doctor, source says

I wonder if she drove to the park from her home and if so, where is her car? She appears to live on the other side of a large highway, so could she have walked to the park from there?
Who saw her at 6:30am at the park? Someone who knows her routine and recognized her from previous walks?
Does she live with anyone?
If she, herself, was having some difficulty she could have just stepped down for a while by becoming inactive.
From above;
If the license is currently suspended, revoked, or has been surrendered pursuant to disciplinary action, the record is marked LICENSE SUSPENDED, LICENSE REVOKED, or LICENSE SURRENDERED.

This sounds like something beyond her control.

<modsnip> I have a feeling this gorgeous, super smart doctor may have been in a downward spiral of sorts. Seems like in almost exactly a years time things have been... unsound in her life.
Her own Facebook alludes to that. Was she no longer going to practice medicine (Tamara's reply to what's going on?- family issues).

if you follow that link, it mentions 230.13, which states in part:
13. (a) Temporary surrender. The license and registration of a
licensee who may be temporarily incapacitated for the active practice of
medicine and whose alleged incapacity has not resulted in harm to a
patient may be voluntarily surrendered to the board for professional
medical conduct, which may accept and hold such license during the
period of such alleged incapacity or the board for professional medical
conduct may accept the surrender of such license after agreement to
conditions to be met prior to the restoration of the license.

Dr. Tamara Saukin, MD | Staten Island, NY | Healthgrades
Scrolling down this site, explains the surrender of her license to my satisfaction at least.
If you go to section 13. it explains.
https://www.health.ny.gov/regulations/public_health_law/section/230/docs/230.pdf
I have seen this before, and it lines up with my post upthread, which is amateur opinion and speculation.

A very accomplished woman in so many aspects of life. Tragic.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Just speculation on my part.....i wish her only the best........but could she have been addicted to opioids? The car accident is strange, risk getting killed or losing a leg, car insurance would pay for any damage that was incurred. Surrendering a medical license. Big downhill spiral, my opinion; all of the signs of a possible drug addition or mental health issues due to erratic behavior.

Last edited:
Just speculation on my part.....i wish her only the best........but could she have been addicted to opioids? The car accident is strange, risk getting killed or losing a leg, car insurance would pay for any damage that was incurred. Surrendering a medical license. Big downhill spiral, my opinion; all of the signs of a possible drug addition or mental health issues due to erratic behavior.
While we certainly have no idea if that was the case here....having a painful injury and having trouble with resulting addiction is an all too familiar story. And while we have no idea if that was the case here, surrending a license is often negotiated vs. having it revoked I speculate. This is all just amateur opinion and speculation. We don't know if any of these speculations apply to this beautiful and accomplished doctor.

Amateur opinion and speculation

NYS Professions - Online Verifications

License Information *

11/21/2020
Name : SAUKIN TAMARA ANNA MARIE
Address : STATEN ISLAND NY
Profession : MEDICINE
License No: 241180
Date of Licensure : 07/24/2006
Additional Qualification :
LICENSE SURRENDERED
Registered through last day of :
Medical School:
ALBANY MEDICAL COLLEGE Degree Date : 05/24/2001

Online Verification Searches:Help with Online Verifications

• Individuals: To practice within New York State, a professional must be licensed and REGISTERED. When a professional informs the Department at the time of reregistration that he or she will not be practicing in New York, the record is marked INACTIVE as of the start of the next registration period. If a registration has lapsed without explanation, the record is marked NOT REGISTERED. If the Department has received reliable notice of the death of a licensee, that record is marked DECEASED. If the license is rescinded due to an error in issuing the license, the record is marked LICENSE RESCINDED. If the license is currently suspended, revoked, or has been surrendered pursuant to disciplinary action, the record is marked LICENSE SUSPENDED, LICENSE REVOKED, or LICENSE SURRENDERED.
I'm unable to locate a surrender date.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back