FL FL - Tavia Bailey, 15, Pensacola, 31 Dec 1985

Poor Tavia. She was obviously emotionally vulnerable and victimized by some sociopath. I hope her mother will still get answers.

I 100% hoping with you. I think she certainly was a damaged child (sound so harsh in English, don't mean to be ..we call it like that in the Netherlands and I'm one of them) considering her history....still we can't be sure she was victimized by a sociopath....or did I missed something?

....still we can't be sure she was victimized by a sociopath

Quote RSBM.

If a 15-year-old goes missing while in the presence of a man, she's very likely a victim. I can't think of another scenario.

Anyone with good intentions would help a 15-year-old live a normal teenage life - safe with family, going to high school, trying new hobbies and interests, not helping her run away.

Quote RSBM.

If a 15-year-old goes missing while in the presence of a man, she's very likely a victim. I can't think of another scenario.

Anyone with good intentions would help a 15-year-old live a normal teenage life - safe with family, going to high school, trying new hobbies and interests, not helping her run away.

Off course she is a victim, she was all along, far before she went missing. I'm just having a problem with the word sociopath....in a clinical sense. I wish she encountered the person you described...a person with good intentions. Also, let's stick to what we know...she may have been in the company of a male after she went missing/she may have been taken against her will. We are not sure....if you ask me there is 80% chance she came to harm by a male....she could have OD'd and people panicked and hide her body "just that easy".

Off course she is a victim, she was all along, far before she went missing. I'm just having a problem with the word sociopath....in a clinical sense. I wish she encountered the person you described...a person with good intentions. Also, let's stick to what we know...she may have been in the company of a male after she went missing/she may have been taken against her will. We are not sure....if you ask me there is 80% chance she came to harm by a male....she could have OD'd and people panicked and hide her body "just that easy".

In either case, if they had a conscience (not a sociopath), what would they have done about their guilt / remorse by now? I don't feel I'm misusing the word but am open to hearing more about your opinion (here or PM).

Are you also speculating maybe she went willingly for the relationship but he gave her drugs and she OD'd? But that's still very predatory behavior, with known risks, especially if he was an adult.

I am almost certain she did not accidentally OD. She was best friends with my aunt (I was really young) I remember them running away but never into drugs. And I think we would have found her if that happened. Just my opinion and I could be wrong.

Does your aunt know about Tavia's scars or any other relevant information that is not on file? Was her hair permed at the time she went missing, something specific about her teeth, for instance. And does she have more pictures of Tavia (she can fade herself away). Would you be so kind to ask her?

Were you able to talk to your aunt? I know you said you find that hard, but maybe you did?

The symposium was focused on cold cases from Escambia county. Sadly she is not mentioned on there cold cases list. COLD CASE UNIT Another missing person Carla Roberson is listed, so why isn't Tavia?

I'm not sure what the used criteria are to be listed or not. From Charley P.; authorities believe she may have been taken against her will. Tavia Elizabeth Bailey – The Charley Project Seems an unsolved crime to me.

Neither is she on Pensacola, FL Area Missing Persons

Interesting read from November 2021. Florida Police Revive 1984 Missing Persons Case

It's mostly about the cold missing case of Carla, but Tavia and another missing girl from around that time are mentioned.

Last edited:
The symposium was focused on cold cases from Escambia county. Sadly she is not mentioned on there cold cases list. COLD CASE UNIT Another missing person Carla Roberson is listed, so why isn't Tavia?

I'm not sure what the used criteria are to be listed or not. From Charley P.; authorities believe she may have been taken against her will. Tavia Elizabeth Bailey – The Charley Project Seems an unsolved crime to me.

Neither is she on Pensacola, FL Area Missing Persons

Interesting read from November 2021. Florida Police Revive 1984 Missing Persons Case

It's mostly about the cold missing case of Carla, but Tavia and another missing girl from around that time are mentioned.
Suggest that you contact someone in the Escambia County cold case organization with a written summary of Tavia's case, and ask that they include it with others under consideration.

The discrepancy between her Mom saying she didn’t hear from Tavia on Dec 31st, but her missing date on Jan 26th, is suspect. I don’t believe the Mom is being untruthful. I suspect since Tavia was a prior runaway, and eventually returned home, that her Moms report was not taken seriously. After 26 days, maybe LE finally took the missing child report seriously.

It sure sounds like Tavia was being trafficked, if she was being groomed and plied with drugs by older men. Nowadays, this is easily recognized but in the mid 1980s, there wasn’t a great awareness in the general population.

If she was trafficked and unable to escape, she could still be involved in prostitution, unable to break away. Mentally she could be so “beat down” by the verbal abuse and lies, maybe that her family didn’t care, doesn’t want her, etc.

The scars are unsettling. Think about normal childhood accidents that could cause facial scars. Falling off her bike? Playing soccer?

But now think about her sexual abuse. Did the stepfather beat her into submission? This had to be 2 separate injuries because both sides of her face were affected. Was the stepfather left handed or right handed?

Perhaps a bad car accident where she hit the dashboard is the only other thing I can think of that could cause all the injuries at once.

Ear piercing holes don’t typically close up. So those would remain if she’s still living.

Snip
Bailey has a scar on her left cheekbone, a scar on her upper lip and a scar at her hairline which extends to her right eyebrow. Her ears are pierced multiple times.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back