GUILTY NY - Evanna Tranberg-Bennett, 12, died, parents failed to get her medical care, 6 Dec 2019 Probation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is long but worth reading. Take a drink of something every time the word defamation is mentioned - it goes faster that way.

The family doesn't fare too well outside the bubble of their own FB page. If the lives of 7 other little kids weren't on the line it would be laughable. MOO.

P.S. The family claims they're not family but rather an "investigator" hired to document stuff. I have no idea of what that means.

feel free to try this game with the word “bogus” as well.

Do we think they actually believe they can prosecute people who say things they don’t like on the internet or is it just a “tactic”?

it is interesting IMO that after having to use a go fund me to attempt to raise 25k that they would suggest that they have had investigators (plural) working for them for the past year.

I would like to know more of the backstory, and if anyone from the other FB threads is following could you point us to any posts, evidence, MSM, etc. related to previous criminal charges or cases against the group of people or persons identified in the current court documents (I.e. whatever happened in Brookline)?

It is long but worth reading. Take a drink of something every time the word defamation is mentioned - it goes faster that way.

Do we think they actually believe they can prosecute people who say things they don’t like on the internet or is it just a “tactic”?

We’ll all be snockered if we play that drinking game. :D But at least those FB dissertations will be more entertaining to read. “The lady doth protest too much, methinks” as the Bard wrote.

IMO People like that like to threaten anyone who sees through them, whether it’s with a lawsuit or prosecution. It’s an intimidation tactic. I remember a local-to-me missing woman’s case and an insider’s posts on WS upset the suspect boyfriend. So he posted videos on YouTube “debunking” the insider and threatening to sue Websleuths. Tricia closed the thread for a bit while she consulted her attorney, and then opened it up again. Nothing ever came of it. He never intended to sue. He just wanted us to be quiet.

i’ve come to find this particular case of Tranberg Bennett SO FASCINATING as at this point I indeed believe the author(s) of the Page to be in fact guilty of Homicide (which is exactly what Manslaughter is in fact) solely based off their own misdirected statements/documents shared. I can’t imagine the actual evidence the DA has. To witness the statements over almost A YEAR really gives a unique perspective into the mind of someone I’ve not encountered in any other reading- My opinion only of course. (BTW: WHAT in the World is their reference about an “Evil Twin Story”/accusation on that one FB thread shared here? The thread referenced above where discussions are taking place off their page & rather under the WTeN news post!!?)

it is interesting IMO that after having to use a go fund me to attempt to raise 25k that they would suggest that they have had investigators (plural) working for them for the past year.

I would like to know more of the backstory, and if anyone from the other FB threads is following could you point us to any posts, evidence, MSM, etc. related to previous criminal charges or cases against the group of people or persons identified in the current court documents (I.e. whatever happened in Brookline)?

BBM

If you Google the words Tranberg, Bennett, Brookline, the first result for me is a blog post that explains that.

Not forgetting. Evanna for a second.

I may have missed this in the thread. Bennett and Tranberg back in 2008 were in the theater set. Not just in it they taught it.

On mobile so can't link, it's titled Ready, Set...Act. 2008 article. Based in Boston area. Evanna would have been born around that time.

Guess he figured himself a Vincent Minelli and her Judy.

Totally O/T but I saw the word "van". The Preppers I know they all have these old school vans. Not saying this family is. Just those circa late 70's vans??????

Wow. Can anyone locate the other “forums”? It seems like locals are spilling the beans. Also, can someone locate that petition in favor of the charges?
Are there any locals, both from NY and from their MA previous town here? If so, let us know so we can talk.

I don't have much to contribute to the conversation but I am here and following along. I am hecking confused by much of this so it's best I just read along. :)

I'm so sad for the kiddos. It is not their fault. I will be holding them all in the light.

I may have missed this in the thread. Bennett and Tranberg back in 2008 were in the theater set. Not just in it they taught it.

On mobile so can't link, it's titled Ready, Set...Act. 2008 article. Based in Boston area. Evanna would have been born around that time.

Totally O/T but I saw the word "van". The Preppers I know they all have these old school vans. Not saying this family is. Just those circa late 70's vans??????

The link, from your post:
Ready, Set… Act! - NewEnglandFilm.com

"Bennett and Tranberg have been involved in film production in the Boston area for over 20 years: Bennett, as an independent producer and director, and Tranberg, as an independent casting director. While they are still very active pursuing their own projects they have found the time to mentor amateur actors in a unique way."

Interesting photo......Who is the pregnant " actress" in the 'class' pictured? Please note the children standing in the background....

ETA: added quote from article

Last edited:
Steve and Heidi ran a business called The Friend Street Film Center in MA for a while. At some point they moved it to LaCrosse WI, Heidi's hometown, for some reason. Despite all the bragging on the family's FB page I've learned that some of the film credits given to Steve are false and actually are of a different Steve Bennett. Others are never finished projects and a few I believe were more about student mock up as a teaching aid. Information on a couple films that may actually have been screened at least once have different credits on BFI vs IMDB. The Steve Bennett linked in IMDB is *not* Steve Bennett of the Tranberg Bennett family. Error? A little sidestep? Who knows.

IOW, more smoke and mirrors. What piques my curiosity is the brief time they ran the business in WI. Why would they move there from Boston which had a growing reputation for film locations?

BTW, the only other indication of income for the parents comes from photos posted on their House of Macrobiotics FB page of Steve teaching classes. Note that the family claims it's not a business but rather the name of an upcoming book by Steve about macrobiotics. Another family member claimed to be writing a cookbook to be used in the business - in 2017 - so I don't know which claim is true.

[RSBM]
BTW, the only other indication of income for the parents comes from photos posted on their House of Macrobiotics FB page of Steve teaching classes. Note that the family claims it's not a business but rather the name of an upcoming book by Steve about macrobiotics. Another family member claimed to be writing a cookbook to be used in the business - in 2017 - so I don't know which claim is true.

The 'About' section of the House of Macrobiotics page says they are a:
Macrobiotic retreat center, school and information resource.

A little bit of column A, a little bit of column B...Maybe it's just D, all of the above.

The van is a hand me down from the now defunct Kushi Institute (owned by Kushi Management LLC) which closed in Feb. 2017. The FB page is still up but notes that it's permanently closed. The business left 50k in taxes outstanding.

The family put it up for sale on the House of Macrobiotics FB about nine months ago. Apparently it's the van that wasn't useable on the day Evanna died. Side story - according to the family Venuska, Steve and Heidi fought with Tenji's mother over who got what furniture when the Institute closed. A February 2 post by the family contains much more about it plus the overall rancor between the grandmother and the family. The word defamed figures prominently.

Ohhhhhhh, and yes Heidi produced a film "Dirty Hari Krishna" in 1997. It is under the British Film Industry, but made in the US.

Stars? A few Tranberg Bennetts. One being Vanushka. I refrained from looking up plot.

Can't make this stuff up.

Ohhhhhhh, and yes Heidi produced a film "Dirty Hari Krishna" in 1997. It is under the British Film Industry, but made in the US.

Stars? A few Tranberg Bennetts. One being Vanushka. I refrained from looking up plot.

Can't make this stuff up.
Note that the "Steve Bennett" linked on the IMDB from the Dirty Hari Krishna info page is not Steve Tranberg Bennett but rather a NY movie producer.
Steven Bennett - IMDb

Note that the "Steve Bennett" linked on the IMDB from the Dirty Hari Krishna info page is not Steve Tranberg Bennett but rather a NY movie producer.
Steven Bennett - IMDb
This is so odd. Is this a big scam?
Because on BFI, both Venuska and Tevenia (instead of Tevania, btw) are credited as cast members, which is a bit odd, because Venuska would've been 3 in 1997, and Tevania would just be a tiny baby, she's 23 now. Heidi Tranberg is credited as the producer, and Steve Bennett is credited with the screenplay. None of them are credited on IMDb.

Steven Bennett - IMDb

Great catch! Hmmmm, but the two actors are Tranberg Bennett. I would to know where these two met, and really like to know where he originally hails from.

Great catch! Hmmmm, but the two actors are Tranberg Bennett. I would to know where these two met, and really like to know where he originally hails from.
Actors on BFI but not on IMDB. It could be that IMDB didn't list minor actors under full cast and it's also possible that BFI allows someone to submit their own information. It could be errors. I just know things don't match up. Steve has no online presence apart from the old articles about his film center and of course the articles about the MA cases with DSS.

The reason I'm pointing this out is that the family has a history of stretching the truth IMO. One blaring example is their constant claim that the EMTs didn't establish an airway on Evanna - they say this over and over.

But if you look at the diagram they posted on their FB page you can clearly see the notations "ETT and OG Tube" and "ETT ties." ETT stands for Endotracheal intubation.

A tracheal tube is a catheter that is inserted into the trachea for the primary purpose of establishing and maintaining a patent airway and to ensure the adequate exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide. An endotracheal tube is a specific type of tracheal tube that is nearly always inserted through the mouth (orotracheal) or nose (nasotracheal).
Tracheal tube - Wikipedia

This makes me also question their insistence that Evanna never received oxygen. It's lies like this that convince me that the family is either woefully ignorant or else that they are purposely lying for unknown reasons. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong