Equine influenza

I will d_s.....this is major news here.

There will be a lot of punters going through withdrawels.

The TAB would be hating it..they would be loosing millions....but I feel sorrier for the sick horses.

All ponies ,donkeys and Zebras aswell Shazz

Oh my. That's so sad. :( I love horses and had no idea they could get the flu. I hope AU finds answers soon.

This flu thing is getting quite scary, its not just the horses but people are dying from a new strain of influenza, hope we dont have an epidemic.

This flu thing is getting quite scary, its not just the horses but people are dying from a new strain of influenza, hope we dont have an epidemic.

Me too, Shazza. Now I'm worried for my WS friends there. :(

Me too, Shazza. Now I'm worried for my WS friends there. :(
They have influenza injections you can get each year, but there are new strains of the flu emerging and they have not got the vaccines for these new strains. It is being talked about a lot here in Australia at the moment.

This is awful, I hope the scientists figure it out quickly so there won't be an epidemic. All your citizens and equines are in my prayers (hug).

Suzanne

Shazza, as a horse owner, we do get shots for our horses as well as worming them. The one we concentrate on is the deadly West Nile Virus. It has spread across the country in the last few years. All of ours have been vaccinated and get boosters each year.

http://ohioline.osu.edu/wnv-fact/1007.html

This comes from infected mosquitos and affects horses, some birds and humans. Very dangerous and can be deadly. We don't have too much of a problem here as we haven't been getting rain lately, minor drought for the last few years, so not many mosquitos. But where they are it's a terrible problem. I wonder if you have a form of West Nile. I'll have to read up some on what's happening there.

To my very dearest Dingo,:blowkiss:
Thank-you so much for the updates.

All of my Love and Respect to you,
dark_shadows

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members