FL FL - Ralph Hampton Miller, 17, Lakeland, Sept 19, 1970

I could be mistaken about the year. They were going to the Chamber Brothers Concert I believe in Orlando. His family told me he was picked up by two girls that he was going to the concert with. Never to be seen again. I am an ex-sister in law and have known the family since I was in the 2nd grade. I know the picture on the left is Mike and the one on the right is Ralph. Ralph & Mike we’re both a couple tow or three years old than me. Mike and one sister is the only siblings still alive. The rest have passed as well as his parents.
I found a lot of concert info on the Chambers Brothers band. However, the date and location doesn't match up. It is possible the online line listings are incomplete tho.

The Chambers Brothers Concert Map by year: 1970 | setlist.fm
https://www.concertarchives.org/bands/chambers-brothers--2

I found a lot of concert info on the Chambers Brothers band. However, the date and location doesn't match up. It is possible the online line listings are incomplete tho.

The Chambers Brothers Concert Map by year: 1970 | setlist.fm
https://www.concertarchives.org/bands/chambers-brothers--2
I searched for it also in Orlando and did not find a concert the day he was picked up and was never seen again. That was the night they were going to the concert but they might have just told his mother that who knows. But I did not locate a Chambers Brother Concert In Orlando Gl on the day he went missing.

Are you aware of any newspaper clippings or yearbook photos that would ID both boys (Ralph and<modsnip>)?

If you think he was picked up by people in 1969, do you think the family would have waited a year to report him missing (in 1970)? Or do you think it's just a misprint on the last seen date? What concert do you think they were headed to? Could there be a record online somewhere (poster, newspaper announcement) that would verify the timing?
It is my misprint it was 1970

Last edited by a moderator:
I searched for it also in Orlando and did not find a concert the day he was picked up and was never seen again. That was the night they were going to the concert but they might have just told his mother that who knows. But I did not locate a Chambers Brother Concert In Orlando Gl on the day he went missing.
Here is part of a Newspaper article saying they Were going to the Chamber Brothers Concert.

Attachments

• BE98D661-275A-4BFD-9DB1-057B758610A1.png
    BE98D661-275A-4BFD-9DB1-057B758610A1.png
    269.3 KB · Views: 56
Newspaper photo of Ralph at the time of his disappearance:

On the night of September 26th 1970, seventeen-year-old Ralph Miller vanished.

His disappearance is attributed to a woman known only as the "Witch of Lakeland", a suspected local drug lord, occult leader, and murderer.

This site is a catalogue of articles regarding Ralph Miller's case and the mysteries surrounding it.

The posts listed below are transcripts of the original Lakeland Ledger articles from 1975. There is also a list of resources and references on the site menu.
upload_2020-6-13_7-39-28.png

https://www.witchoflakeland.com/

I'm from Lakeland but not born until 1978 so its not surprising I have not heard of this case or "Sara, the Witch of Lakeland". I don't know how the Lakeland Highlands area was back then but 30 years ago when I lived there it was a nice place. It's sad that this family have never received any closure, just speculation it seems.

The Lakeland Ledger has some archived articles on Ralph’s disappearance. You can google Ralph Hampton Miller missing from Lakeland Fl. I personally have that picture of Mike that is posted here on your site. I can pull the articles up but not sure how to attach them here to you site. Can you share with me how the picture of Mike was confirmed to be a picture of Ralph? The article in the Ledger 1975 has a picture of Ralph in the article. The article was in the front page of the Ledger. Ralph Miller missing after 5 years.
Hello! I'm the creator of the site you guys have been referencing. I have all the articles and can link them here. I'm so thrilled to know others have been discussing this case, I have been desperately trying to find more information about Ralph and the Witch of Lakeland!

hi - i just found this forum. i am the creator of the site you have been referencing. all of the written posts came from Ledger articles i was able to find. i have links to all if anyone is still interested. I've been looking into this case for over 6 years and have come to a bit of a roadblock, so i am beyond excited to find this forum!

I would love to help however I am able, and would appreciate any insight/information anyone else may have. For starters, here are direct links to the newspapers I used to archive the readable versions on the witch of lakeland website:

1. Lakeland Ledger - Google News Archive Search
• Page 1, "Whatever Happened to Ralph Miller?"
• Page 7A (contin.), "MISSING"

2. Lakeland Ledger - Google News Archive Search
• Page 1, "RALPH MILLER: Victim of Satanic Cult's Paranoia, Disregard for Life?"
• Page 2A (contin.), "Miller: Victim of Cult's Disregard for Life?"
3. Lakeland Ledger - Google News Archive Search
• Page 1, "Witch of Lakeland Urged, 'KILL, KILL, KILL'."
• Page 5A (contin.), "WITCH"
4. Lakeland Ledger - Google News Archive Search
• Page 1, "Many Unhappy Ending Evolve from the Story of Ralph Miller."
• Page 7A (contin.), " ENDINGS"
5 . Lakeland Ledger - Google News Archive Search
• Page 1, "Sara's Fear of Reality Believed Key to Violence."
• Page 7A (contin.), " VIOLENCE"
6. Lakeland Ledger - Google News Archive Search
• Page 1, "Always Strange Things at Sara's."