Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamsidea

Reaction score
Alan White was last seen leaving the LA Fitness off Haskell Avenue in Dallas after 5 a.m. on Thurs., Oct. 22.
'He just vanished into thin air': Family, friends desperate to find missing Dallas man | wfaa.com

White is married and an executive for the accounting company KPMG.

UPDATE: Reward offered for info on whereabouts of Alan White - Dallas Voice
UPDATE: There is a $10,000 reward now being offered for information leading to the known whereabouts of James Alan White. He was last seen around 6 a.m. on Oct. 22, driving out of the LA Fitness CityPlace parking lot on Haskell in a 202 black Porsche Macan, like the one pictured below, only with silver wheels. Dealer tag 8F4972.

James Alan White is 5’11” tall and weighs 160 pounds. He was last seen wearing a light gray tank top and dark gym shorts, and carrying a maroon-and-navy two-tone sling bag.

Link to MEDIA, MAPS, TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION* thread

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
JMO, BUT I kind of doubt someone was lurking in their alley just waiting for Alan to get home so they could carjack him. Sure, it could happen, I just don't think it did in the case. Plus, as I recall there are cameras back there.

Is there a problem there with homeless and/or drug addicts lingering in the gas station bathrooms?
It has been previously suggested, iirc, but can imagine someone slipping undetected into Alan's car anywhere his car may have been stopped, ie the gym, the gas station......
speculation.

There is a house on the left at the beginning of the alley as you turn off Inwood that has a camera. Not sure it would pick up the alleyway due to the angle, but maybe. There is also a white object mounted on the roof, but it may be a weather station. Most of the fences in that section up to Alan's house look to be walk through only. What would someone be doing back there at that time of the morning, going through garbage cans?

If something did happen in that alley, Alan was targeted. If his car was blocked by another car, that would mean he was tag teamed. If someone was hiding and surprised him, it would have to be before he was close to his garage, otherwise he would have activated the opener?

I'm just not feeling the alley is where this happened. Also, the VI told us "We also know for a fact he didn’t make it home. There are cameras on the front and back of the house and his car never shows up".

Agree with all of this. When I also did a Google Street View of the alley, it didn’t seem that the alley for those homes provided car entrances to the homes or driveways. It looked to be walk thru gates only.

There is a photo in Racetrac's خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
location that shows the doors from the exterior. You can see from the photo that the interior side is identical to that in the photo on Alan's poster. The photos of the gym, looking at tagged pics on IG, are light both interior and exterior.

Interesting how the poster states he was last seen getting fuel and walking into the Racetrac.

Alan's brother told CBS previously that Alan went into the RaceTrac store and then went back to the vehicle. Tim White then said his brother drove away in the direction he’d need to go to get home. https//dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/11/05/family-releases-new-surveillance-video-of-missing-dallas-man-alan-white-reward-increased/

Which again brings up the question of the RT video (or the cell phone video of the RT video): Why did it end where it ended? Why did it not show AW returning to the car, getting in the car, and driving off through the Church's and AutoZone lots? Without that part of the video, how do we (WS'ers) know the vehicle actually did that - and who was inside it at the time?

You'd think there'd have to be video of the car going through the lots and then turning right on Inwood, otherwise, how would the family know that this in fact happened? I guess I just assumed all along that there was additional RT video.

But maybe there is no additional RT video. Maybe the family's knowledge that AW drove off and exited that way is based on video from a different source (say, Church's or AZ?) - and maybe that video only shows the vehicle, but not its occupants? I know, I know, that's a lot of maybe's.

But if AW turned right onto Inwood and then drove straight north for half a mile, it seems there'd have to be additional CCTV footage available that would document that fact, and possibly document any stops he might've made (along that direct route, anyway)

If he stopped at Starbucks, he likely would've turned left into the Wells Fargo bank lot (before reaching Lemmon). If the building in which Starbucks is a tenant doesn't have CCTV, surely you'd think that the WF bank would. There is also a BOA at the Inwood - Lemmon intersection.

If AW perhaps went to the Porsche dealership's unmanned key drop / vehicle pick up (he could've driven directly there through the Starbucks lot, w/o first going out to Lemmon), surely there is CCTV there.

Idk if there would be traffic cams at the Denton and Cedar Springs traffic lights - or at the entrance to the Inwood /Love Field Station parking lot, but it wouldn't surprise me. Even though it's a short drive north, there are plenty of places where one might expect there to be CCTV.

It's just that so much of our (WS'ers) postulation is based on the premise that AW was alone in the car when he left the RT, and that he turned right and headed N on Inwood. If however the vehicle was occupied by more than one person, and/or if it headed S on Inwood, we've got a totally different scenario.

I still think it's most likely that something happened to AW on his way home - after he left the RT. But it's frustrating to have what appears to be only "half" of a video from the RT.

Due to the likelihood (imo) that additional CCTV exists, I believe that LE may have evidence which has not been released to the media, or to the family, or to the public, which is informing their investigation (and which might explain the change in AW's missing person status).

JMO

Last edited:
Trash & recycling pick-up for Alan's street is on Thursdays, which falls on the same day he went missing on 10/22.

1DD30704-7CEB-4987-9348-7164F47E83E7.jpeg
Residential Garbage Collection

I wonder what time this usually occurs? Was a collector truck blocking his street leading him to either wait or take a detour? Were cans blocking the street causing him to get out and move them? Any garbage/recycling truck workers in the neighborhood that might have seen something? MOO

So from this instagram comment above you can see his address. I had looked it up before but just now for the first time i noticed that there is an alley behind the house. This looks to me to be a possibly dangerous spot, or one without many "eyes". Also looks to be only room for one car at a time. I wonder if there is an accepted in and out path.

I can't get over the fact that he was literally a mile from home and according to family on this article
Video: Missing Dallas man seen getting gas the morning he disappeared | wfaa.com
seen leaving the gas station and headed north on to home. Here is their quote from the article.
White's family, who shared the new video, said he left the gas station and drove north on Inwood toward his house.

Did he get all the way home for something to happen in the alley behind the house? What time did his husband get home and did he notice anything weird in the alley way?

Google Earth

View attachment 271268
I also noticed some of the other neighbors had fences that acted as gates and looked like they might be remote controlled. Did they have a fence back there? Or even I wonder if they had a smart garage door? I have had one before and it will tell you with an alert to your phone when the door is opened and closed. It connects to wifi. It would tell if Alan had made it all the way home and opened the garage door.

Which brings up another thought....I wonder if the family has thought to check the router? You could possibly tell if any strange websites had been visited lately via the router.

ETA:
If i was family i would be asking neighbors for video. I would start with this house. ..
.View attachment 271270

Agree with all of this. When I also did a Google Street View of the alley, it didn’t seem that the alley for those homes provided car entrances to the homes or driveways. It looked to be walk thru gates only.
I linked my original post on this idea of his garage in back. It shows his house does indeed have a garage there.

I also think that mud could’ve gotten in the tires here IF it had been wet recently.

Trash & recycling pick-up for Alan's street is on Thursdays, which falls on the same day he went missing on 10/22.

View attachment 272792

I wonder what time this usually occurs? Was a collector truck blocking his street leading him to either wait or take a detour? Were cans blocking the street causing him to get out and move them? Any garbage/recycling truck workers in the neighborhood that might have seen something? MOO
Wow! Super great find.....

Trash & recycling pick-up for Alan's street is on Thursdays, which falls on the same morning he went missing on 10/22. I wonder what time this usually occurs?
The Sanitation department tells residents they have until 7am day of pickup to put out their trash.

So the earliest potential pickup would have been at least an hour after he disappeared.

Yes! I responded to this thread before I read your post. I totally agree.

Makes sense. I missed the comment that they knew for a fact that he didn't come home. I assumed he meant physically entered the garage or house. Modern security cams may not pick up alley activity unless activated by a car/person/animal entering a predefined perimeter (ie. driveway)

I linked my original post on this idea of his garage in back. It shows his house does indeed have a garage there.

I also think that mud could’ve gotten in the tires here IF it had been wet recently.

Wow! Super great find.....
Mud from the alley? The picture of the garage area was from January 2020, by October some ten months later, surely the area would have been cleaned up?

If as the VI says, there are cameras on the back. I'm going to assume that likely means they are on the garage, that only makes sense. Alan's car wasn't seen by that camera, or any others in that alley which I feel LE or the family went around and inquired about.

Most garbage trucks have rear cameras on them. Also the trash containers in the alley look like the type that have to be manually put on the truck tipper. That means there are two guys riding the rear of the truck, grabbing cans from each side of the alley as the truck moves forward. If they saw something, unusual they would have brought it forward. JMO-

Alan's garage(s) were alley access (see attached) - and the next door neighbor and across alley neighbor. Very common. I just moved from a similar area in Dallas where some homes had street facing garages and others alley.

I'm confused by two other thoughts. One, why some think he had to be targeted. In my former hood, people would stroll the alleys (on foot) in the wee hours looking for easy opps. Open garage doors, unlocked cars most often. Second, carjackers do use public transport to get to their target areas. Or, they park remotely and return later to retrieve. So, no need for a car in the alley.

All that said, Rusty said he got home at 615a. Did he park in the garage or in front of the house? If the garage, that would only leave a window of about 15-20min for Alan to get jacked back there. That's seems like mighty long odds.
I think I just disqualified my own "random alley jacking" theory! ;)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 11.09.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 11.09.49 AM.png
    767.2 KB · Views: 136
AW was one mile from home. He is missing. His car has been found intact. His credit cards have not been used.

Hopefully, LE has his phone records to see who called him last. It would seem to me that this was targeted. He was lured some place to make a stop before going home. There, he met his demise.

What is the motive? Further, what is the motive to hide his body (assuming that he is gone)? I'm assuming that LE has started with the inner circle, eliminating them first.

The Sanitation department tells residents they have until 7am day of pickup to put out their trash.

So the earliest potential pickup would have been at least an hour after he disappeared.
Never thought of it before now, but there are some other cases where someone has inexplicably gone missing /murdered on garbage days, likely coincidences- but..
Besides being handy pick up and take away for the quick and dirty disposal seen in the worst type of crime, but the garbage trucks can serve unknowingly as shields for things like kidnapping, robberys ect.
Those great big trucks could obscure the view of potential witnesses and cctv, not to mention slow down traffic and dull other sounds.
Is it possible that something was planned to happen specifically on garbage day, or was garbage day an unexpectedly auspicious day for what or who caused Alan to not get back to his home?
speculation, imo.

Mud from the alley? The picture of the garage area was from January 2020, by October some ten months later, surely the area would have been cleaned up?

If as the VI says, there are cameras on the back. I'm going to assume that likely means they are on the garage, that only makes sense. Alan's car wasn't seen by that camera, or any others in that alley which I feel LE or the family went around and inquired about.

Most garbage trucks have rear cameras on them. Also the trash containers in the alley look like the type that have to be manually put on the truck tipper. That means there are two guys riding the rear of the truck, grabbing cans from each side of the alley as the truck moves forward. If they saw something, unusual they would have brought it forward. JMO-

It was shown above trash collection happened after 7. But cans were probably out.

And yes, mud from the (alley) street. If you drive the alley with Google earth I found three different houses that had tire marks along the side of the alley that were mud. It’s a very narrow alley and I can imagine it would be hard to navigate and get into the garage and/or miss a can that might be obscuring part of the road.

I won’t be convinced that LE actually talked with neighbors since they did not suspect criminal activity in the beginning or even now. I haven’t heard or seen any neighbor indicate they have been interviewed or turned over camera evidence. For that matter Dallas Police Department has not even asked for surveillance footage publicly which is often done in cases. I would have expected that neighbors would’ve looked at their surveillance however.

I personally also know how easy it is to delete camera footage and how long it stays available for my system.

Here’s a link to the alley on Google earth in case anyone wants to look for the tread that I see in the mud.
Google Earth Link

Google Earth
#googleearth

Attachments

• 4A928EE0-3419-40B1-B1E5-21AFDE8F049A.jpg
    4A928EE0-3419-40B1-B1E5-21AFDE8F049A.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 113
  • E9683D8C-1A9D-4DF0-9C91-4039A46FA96C.jpg
    E9683D8C-1A9D-4DF0-9C91-4039A46FA96C.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 121
  • C38CC734-C3B1-4020-9FC0-52C5C21681E9.jpg
    C38CC734-C3B1-4020-9FC0-52C5C21681E9.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 107
Alan's garage(s) were alley access (see attached) - and the next door neighbor and across alley neighbor. Very common. I just moved from a similar area in Dallas where some homes had street facing garages and others alley.

I'm confused by two other thoughts. One, why some think he had to be targeted. In my former hood, people would stroll the alleys (on foot) in the wee hours looking for easy opps. Open garage doors, unlocked cars most often. Second, carjackers do use public transport to get to their target areas. Or, they park remotely and return later to retrieve. So, no need for a car in the alley.

All that said, Rusty said he got home at 615a. Did he park in the garage or in front of the house? If the garage, that would only leave a window of about 15-20min for Alan to get jacked back there. That's seems like mighty long odds.
I think I just disqualified my own "random alley jacking" theory! ;)
I’m just gonna play devils advocate here and brainstorm with you. Because I go round and round with this too.

The last sentence where you say 15-20 minutes to carjack being long odds... it seems like even 2 minutes at an intersection would be even longer odds to go unnoticed and not have an immediate phone all from a witness reporting the crime. And unless there was another stop planned, it happened quickly, or it’s not a carjacking.

So is it not a carjacking at all? If not, IMO it is most definitely a targeted crime. And in both cases, why was the car found in Oak Cliff - locked.

Never thought of it before now, but there are some other cases where someone has inexplicably gone missing /murdered on garbage days, likely coincidences- but..
Besides being handy pick up and take away for the quick and dirty disposal seen in the worst type of crime, but the garbage trucks can serve unknowingly as shields for things like kidnapping, robberys ect.
Those great big trucks could obscure the view of potential witnesses and cctv, not to mention slow down traffic and dull other sounds.
Is it possible that something was planned to happen specifically on garbage day, or was garbage day an unexpectedly auspicious day for what or who caused Alan to not get back to his home?
speculation, imo.
Thunderstorms and windy days for home break- ins too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam