Still Missing MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think this has been posted.

Investigators share key pieces of evidence they found on day Danielle Stislicki disappeared

Nov. 24, 2020
FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich. – It’s been nearly four years since Danielle Stislicki disappeared, and Local 4 spoke one-on-one with investigators of the case about some key pieces of evidence they found that day.
So sad that this has dragged on and on. Thank you for sharing the article. Prayers still with the Stislicki family and Danielle’s friends.

Yes, the part I don't understand it "Circuit Judge Phyllis McMillen told attorneys involved in the high-profile case Friday that she cannot return to managing the case until the Michigan Court of Appeals is through appraising the prosecution and defense of Floyd Galloway."

Yes, the part I don't understand it "Circuit Judge Phyllis McMillen told attorneys involved in the high-profile case Friday that she cannot return to managing the case until the Michigan Court of Appeals is through appraising the prosecution and defense of Floyd Galloway."
Any appeals filed by the defense would be a matter of public record, right?

Defense attorney Ellen Michaels said she and her client view their situation as a missing person's case where Galloway has been wrongly accused.

“He and I work together,” Michaels said. “He’s intelligent and articulate and respectful. He’s very engaged in being part of the process of proving that he didn’t do what he’s accused of. He’s passionate and engaged in proving his innocence, honestly.”

Michaels began defending Galloway, 33, after Farmington Hills’ 47th District Judge James Brady said there was enough evidence to send the first-degree premeditated murder case to the higher Oakland County Circuit Court.

The attorney is scheduled for oral arguments on Wednesday over Zoom with a three-judge Michigan Court of Appeals panel regarding, according to Michaels, evidence she does not want presented at trial.

While the case has been under seal, court administrators said at this point, the plan is to upload the oral arguments to YouTube.

Michaels would prefer to see the case unsealed afterward.

“I do not want anything sealed. I want transparency with the case and the investigation,” she said. “I don’t want things done in the shadows. I don’t think that’s ever good.”

Jack Walrad, a district commissioner for the state appellate court, said he's not aware of future unsealing.

"At this time no order has been issued unsealing this case," he said in an email earlier this week. "We have no information on whether the case will be unsealed in the future."
Man accused of killing Danielle Stislicki works to prove his innocence

...Defense attorney Ellen Michaels said she and her client view their situation as a missing person's case where Galloway has been wrongly accused.

“He and I work together,” Michaels said. “He’s intelligent and articulate and respectful. He’s very engaged in being part of the process of proving that he didn’t do what he’s accused of. He’s passionate and engaged in proving his innocence, honestly.”...

:rolleyes: Yeah, right. More like a con-man. JMO

Man accused of killing Danielle Stislicki works to prove his innocence (hometownlife.com)

Wednesday, Dec. 9th:
*Oral Arguments Hearing (before the Court of Appeals via Zoom) (@ am ET) - MI - Danielle “Dani” Stislicki (28) (Dec. 2, 2016, Southfield, not found) - *Floyd Russell Galloway, Jr. (30/now 33) charged (9/11/19) & indicted (3/4/19) & arraigned (3/6/19) & re arraigned (9/19/19) with 1st degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. Bond denied-Held without bond.
Trial was set to begin on 4/20/20 (thru 5/1/20)-postponed to 12/7/20 has been continued. No further dates.
Information & court hearings from 11/21/17 thru 7/23/20 reference post #710 here:
Still Missing - MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #15 *ARREST*

9/23/20 Update: Pretrial hearing on 10/9/20. 10/9/20 Update: Pretrial hearing was held. Trial has been continued with no further date. Circuit Judge Phyllis McMillen told attorneys involved in the high-profile case Friday that she cannot return to managing the case until the Michigan Court of Appeals is through appraising the prosecution & defense of Floyd Galloway. Trial has been continuing with no further date set. Next pretrial status conference hearing on 1/14/21 which likely will be followed by more motions & activity prior to any trial.
12/3/20 Update: Defense attorney Ellen Michaels is scheduled for oral arguments on Wednesday, 12/9/20 over Zoom with a three-judge Michigan Court of Appeals panel regarding, according to Michaels, evidence she does not want presented at trial.

I can't access this article - not allowed over here! :rolleyes:

Is this after the hearing ? If so - a 10% synopsis would be nice! TIA!
animated-smileys-christmas-033.gif

Appeals court asked to allow jury to hear about prior conviction for alleged killer of Danielle Stislicki

Bumping up - anyone?? :D

@Niner :I believe this is 10% of the below-linked article:

Should a conviction of kidnapping, assault and attempted rape by the man charged with murdering Danielle Stislicki be allowed as evidence when that case goes to trial?

An Oakland County Circuit Court judge’s ruling that the other case against Floyd Galloway, Jr. should not be admitted as evidence is now being considered by the Michigan Court of Appeals, which heard oral arguments for and against Wednesday morning. Assistant Attorney General Scott Shimkus is seeking a reversal, while Galloway’s defense attorney Ellen Michaels believes the decision by the lower court’s Judge Phyllis McMillen should stand.

<RSBM>

A trial date is pending.

Appeals court asked to allow jury to hear about prior conviction for alleged killer of Danielle Stislicki

And, lighting Dani's candle.

danisCandle.jpg

I’ve followed this case from the beginning but haven’t read for awhile. I can’t believe the suspect hasn’t been sentenced yet and won’t give up where her body is. So sad.

Stislicki jury can ignore defendant's assault

Dec. 17, 2020

Any jury charged with deciding whether Floyd Galloway schemed and successfully murdered a missing Danielle Stislicki can ignore his 2016 sexual assault on a Hines Park runner – for now.

The assault happened a few months before Stislicki’s December 2016 disappearance, and the Michigan Court of Appeals said in an opinion released Thursday that the cases are too dissimilar to risk "unfair prejudice" against the defendant.
[.....]
“The two cases, by the prosecution’s own admission, do not show similar degrees or characteristics of preparation,” the judges said in their opinion. “The prosecution does not explain how the specific facts of each case give rise to recognizable shared elements of ‘stalking behavior’ or isolation.

“The evidence strongly invites a prejudicial character inference. Furthermore … a limiting instruction would not alleviate the risk of unfair prejudice.”

Appellate judges affirmed Oakland Circuit Judge Phyllis McMillen’s decision. State prosecutors still can take their arguments to the Michigan Supreme Court. They declined to comment for this story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4